tuscl

Realistic Movie Scenes

skibum609
Massachusetts
While movies may be fantasy, I find that the more realistic they are, the more I enjoy them. Car crashes, death scenes, rape scenes are always so overwrought, or boringly banal, they seem unreal. There are 2 movie scenes that have always seemed amazingly real to me in the sense they create a real emotion watching them. There have been many rape scenes in movies, some graphic, some less graphic, most poorly done. To me, the only rape scene that ever brings home the true horror that is rape, is the rape scene in Deliverance, which basically shows very little and is not graphic. It is simply so well done that it makes you feel its real. Deliverance, top me, is a disturbing movie, beginning to end.

The second is the death scene in the chariot race of Ben Hur where Masala (Stephen Boyd) gets dragged from the chariot under the horses and is trampled to death and left a sandy, bloody mess on the course. Sickly realistic and for a good reason: Its real. The stunt man, during the filming, was pulled from the chariot, under the horses and trampled to death....on film. His widow said: "leave it in, he'd have wanted it that way" and its one of the rare actual real moments in film, and the only one I know of where you actually see someone die.

18 comments

• Heellover
    4 years ago
    A really believable scene to me was the first episode of Friday Night Lights (tv series). I had seen the movie and liked it so when the series came out wasn't going to miss it. The way they set up was so good and completely caught me by surprise -changing something up but actually making it more dramatic while still keeping the story alive.

I had missed some of the episodes when it originally was shown way back when and found the whole season DVD for 6 bucks. Went ahead and watched all the episodes. Enjoyed them all (especially the ones I had missed so many years ago), but that first episode was still the best one-in terms of how well done it was. And this was my feeling even though I knew what would happen in that first episode. Not the happiest episode (so not enjoyable because of what happened) but the most well done I thought.

• crosscheck
    4 years ago
    The fight scene between Richard Gere and Lou Gossett, Jr. near the end of An Officer and a a Gentlemen is one of the most realistic fight scenes I've ever scene. They don't just eat shots from each other, every blow hurts and is felt, like in reality. Was always impressed by it.

Also, the final swordfight scene in Rob Roy between Liam Neeson and Tim Roth. I like the way the characters quickly get exhausted swinging the swords around.
  • minnow
    4 years ago
    "Das Boot", German version with English subtitles. Very realistic, from the drunken sailors "windshield cleaning" of the senior officer's staff car, to the chief cracking up under a depth charge attack, to the hardened combat veterans feeling awkward and out of place on a posh supply ships ward room, and Captain finding out that Chief's transfer request was denied.
  • Rod8432
    4 years ago
    Skibum - I watched the chariot race scene you described. It indeed is remarkable, especially for the time it was filmed. I googled the death though, and it does seem it's false. Still, realistic as hell...

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/stuntm…
  • MackTruck
    4 years ago
    Da most realistic movie I ever saw was Spaceballs!!!

https://youtu.be/NAWL8ejf2nM

I am installing Ludicrous speed in da shit trucks to get more efficiency dumpin loads for sure
  • loper
    4 years ago
    I don't need or want graphic realism, but I do need realistic emotional response. Alfred Hitchcock was a master of that.

I tolerate unscientific fantasy, but there are certain things that bother me: if someone uses light-year as a unit of time I'm out of there. I respect the Big Bang Theory in that all the science is correct.
  • goldmongerATL
    4 years ago
    The beach scene in Saving Private Ryan. Many old veterans found it very emotional as it is how they remember Omaha Beach. The reality may not have been as intense as the movie, but that is how they remember feeling at the time.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    What about most realistic strip club scenes? Blue Iguana? Hustlers? Showgirls? Striptease? The only two I am sure I sat through entirely were Showgirls (which was a long fucking time ago) and Hustlers. Unfortunately, I think Hustlers was the most accurate.
  • Heellover
    4 years ago
    I have Blue Iguana on VHS nonetheless! Hot stripping scenes. Daryl Hannah and Jennifer Tilly and a couple Of other hotties!

Jennifer tilly is the "bad girl" on drugs and doesn't get along with anybody. Fucking hot scene when she goes crazy on stage/such a hot body! Terrible movie, have no idea what its about (other than the title haha)...I mainly only watched certain scenes shall we say. I should look for a DVD to see if any extended/deleted scenes. Would be most likely worth it (probably inexpensive) if any of those scenes are of the "dancing" variety.

Show girls one of the worst movies of all time but has full nudity and Elizabeth Berkley/Gina gershon.

Striptease is now on Netflix haha. Awful! It may be the story that makes the most sense out of the three. But don't watch it for the story watch it for Demi Moore at her finest! Starts out with Pandora Peaks and those great big titties. But there is a petite blonde with an awesome body and of course Demi Moore (back in the day) that put MS. peaks to shame! And enjoy it as (unintentional) comedy. Burt Reynolds in a bad wig and the best and funniest (not purposely, it was such a bad script) bouncer ever. Funny stuff, at least to me. Oh and did I mention, Demi Moore looks so good in her (stripping) scenes.

Hustlers- I'm sure I'll just buy it one of these days just for the hell of it. Have heard there is more tease (near nudity) than please (tits/actual nudity) in this one. Don't know for sure though. Do know that I've been to one pastie bar (near nudity/tease) in my life. I didn't know it was only a pastie bar (day shift/no cover) and stayed maybe 5 minutes! There was no dancer on stage at first when I arrived or it might have been a shorter visit! Pretty ebony lady was first up. I did tip her a dollar and confirmed with the waitress that it was only a pastie club and got out of there (club no longer around, this was a LONG time ago)!

Actually best stripping scenes to me were in a movie called Stripped to Kill. Maybe late 80s/early 90s.

Someone is killing the dancers. Cop/reporter goes undercover (as a stripper) to find out who is doing it. Dancer, owner, bartender, regular customer, random psycho waiting right outside (murders would happen outside the club usually). I mean not too believable as a movie, but great stripping scenes. Believable clubs too(they would dance for a couple minutes even though it was a movie haha). I would be like oh no don't kill "insert name" she is so hot! Then it would be like oh no not her. Would play along and honestly don't remember who actually was the bad person/killer at the end. They would focus on certain customers that were "creepy" and it would be like oh it has to be one of them. But then they would focus on a customer that was really nice, but was he too nice? Was he doing the murders for his favorite dancer? I remember being in college at the time like oh I want to be an actor in a movie like this! and only like this haha

One of the plot "twists" the undercover peeks into one of the dancer (the dancer who was really bitchy) purses and sees a small gun. Thinks oh she's the one and is going to report her. The other officers are like well she's probably just bringing it for personal protection since shootings don't match up to the murders (pretty elaborate and varied but none were shootings). Then one of the other officers said well I think something like it can't be her, she was found deceased this morning. Then it back tracks to her murder.

Pretty good movie actually especially for a low budget movie back then. And had a sequel that was equally enjoyable! Even had a remake (different title and can't remember unfortunately-(saw it on Netflix a few years back) where I think it was the reporter that went undercover as the stripper and not as police officer.

• Heellover
    4 years ago
    Very small scene but super hot stripper I recently saw was 30 minutes or less. Again don't sit through the movie just for the small stripping scene, but it's within I would say first 10 minutes and is on Netflix at least through the end of march (I know only one more week) I believe.
  • loper
    4 years ago
    From Dusk till Dawn is pretty graphic if not realistic. Salma Hayek has never been sexier.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116367/?re…

In fact, any movie directed by Robert Rodriguez is pretty graphic. Nice nude scene with Lindsay Lohan.
  • loper
    4 years ago
    in Machete, that is.
  • Heellover
    4 years ago
    Stripped to kill 1987 (lots of stripping scenes true police officer goes undercover by winning an amateur contest). B movie but violence is varied and creative

Stripped to kill 2:Live Nude Girls 1989 -weird remake a dancer is I think drugged or on drugs and thinks she could be the killer (no undercover). she has Visions in black and white so its either her or someone she's with (looked it up not as much stripping). Weapon of choice is same for every act of "unkindness"

Remake was in 1991 or 1992 Dance of Death. Not exactly recent. But This is the one that was on Netflix just a few years ago. Good movie! The reporter goes undercover but remake of stripped to kill one except reporter instead of police officer goes undercover.

Wanted to buy stripped to kill on DVD figuring it be around 8 bucks on Amazon. Limited print (since so old and originally VHS). So was 27 plus. Stripped to kill 2 was 30 bucks plus! Had to pass on both at those prices!

• Heellover
    4 years ago
    Stripping scene misses.....

Speaking of Lindsay Lohan, looked hot in a very bad movie "I know who killed me". She is a stripper but doesn't strip (she doesn't show anything in that one others do from what I remember but can't remember if just in background shots)

And Sherry moon zombie (rob zombie wife) plays a stripper in Halloween remake. She doesn't show anything either, but that one at least makes sense since Rob Zombie directed it (I thought it was a terrible movie, friends of mine loved it- just a side note)
  • Heellover
    4 years ago
    Don't know why it said true (police) above for stripped to kill.
  • Heellover
    4 years ago
    Damnit! Its Dance with Death (1992).

I couldn't find it on imdb and was like what the hell!

Good ole search led me a pretty cool list. It was a list with movies with stripping scenes.

First two up. Stripped to kill 1 and 2. Cool list. Found dance WITH death a little further on. Great list!

• rickthelion
    4 years ago
    Well... the Lion King is pretty much based on my life. So it’s pretty realistic.

In fact, when I was but a cub I used to hang with a meerkat and a warthog. So my life was totally like the lion king. Except for all of the times my meerkat and warthog buds smoked weed together. And the first time we visited a hairless ape brothel.

Nope... Simba, Timon, and Pumbaa never did any of that shit. Fuckin’ Disney destroyed a beautiful coming of age story. ROAR!!!
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    I’ve never seen Ben Hur now I gotta see it.

Aguirre the wrath of God by Werner Herzog. I saw it awhile ago but apparently the suck was very real for everyone involved. Like on a raft going down the Amazon. And Klauss Klinski is a certified lunatic IRL.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion