tuscl

Burner Phone to use while in TJ

Thursday, March 11, 2021 9:39 PM
Hey guys, how much is for a burner phone with data, and where can I get one while I am in TJ?

7 comments

• TJ Walker
    3 years ago
    There're 2 phone stores at the McDonald trolley station that have Mex sim cards, and in TJ convenient stores Oxxo infront of HK.
  • TrillSD15
    3 years ago
    Thank you!!
  • SDMan619
    3 years ago
    @TrillSD15 All of your questions are sketchy. Either you are in government work or you have a spouse. Either way no judgement.
  • TMojo
    3 years ago
    I kept my old smartphone that I used to use full-time. I put in a new tracfone sim card for texting here in the US. I haven't taken it TJ yet, but I think it will work on the same AT&T network that it uses here in the US. And AT&T network works great in Mexico. So, my fingers are crossed. Since I only hobby less than once a month, it make no sense for me to pay for services that work all the time when I can just pay $20 every three months or so. I just turn data services off unless I'm away from WiFi. I will be making my first-since-covid TJ trip the last week of May, so I'll update you guys if Tracfone works for me while I'm there.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    I’ve got TMobile, which includes free text and cheap calls pretty much anywhere in the world. Switches over automatically when your plane touches down.
  • sexmeplease
    3 years ago
    Any way to stop the weird ring tone that tells people you are out of the country? I have ATT a d the ring is weird when people call me.
  • TJ Walker
    3 years ago
    It's random, most the time I still have US AT&T signal & ringtone, sometimes I got AT&T MX signal, and rarely got Mexico Telcel signal & ringtone.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion