tuscl

Return to the radio

Book Guy
I write it like I mean it, but mostly they just want my money.
Howdy, I'm back. About two months ago I said I'd be out of radio contact until roughly October, so here I am a week early. Glad to see the boards have survived without me, and you old codgers are still ... umm ... whatever it is that codgers do ... codging?

7 comments

• ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    CODGING.... exactly!!! A big hearty welc'u'm back BG!
  • shadowcat
    17 years ago
    Yes. welcome back. Are you in the Big Apple or the Big Easy? I noticed 3 recent reviews by you for New Orleans clubs.
  • ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    Oh, BTW folks. Taking short vacation to the Oktoberfest in Munich on Tuesday. Be back Sunday! Tally Ho! Will drink a liter for each of you here on TUSCL!
  • shadowcat
    17 years ago
    Bones: I already have a mental picture. Chevy Chase in Nation Lampoons "European Vacation". LOL...
  • DougS
    17 years ago
    BookGuy: Welcome back.. I also saw the three reviews over the weekend, and wondered if that was indicative that your absence was over... guess so.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    Welcome back BG. Hope you've found what you were looking for. Fill us in.
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    "Hope you found what you were looking for." Didn't find it. The job in NYC was a "we don't pay you because you do it for the love, not the money" thing (again) although the amount initially quoted ($48,500.oo) was much higher than that. I left in a huff, and am currently demanding moving expenses (both directions) from the employer. Silly them, they actually had put things in writing.

Well, aside from that. I'm now back to what I was doing before I moved there. Including reviewing strip clubs :D. Don't want to spend too much time here at the boards, got things to get into order lifestyle-wise. I did spend about a week "testing the waters" at the "pink board" at Stripper Web. What an amazing bunch of deluded nincompoops! My goodness. They found cause to deride males (except tall extremely physically attractive ones, of course) for wanting to patronize them, wanting sex, liking beautiful females, spending money, not spending money, drinking, not drinking, answering their questions, not answering their questions, participating in the boards at all, etc. etc. Lots of man-hating going on over there. Kinda made me lose my taste for strip clubbing.

Aside from web boards, now I'm option-less. Or at least, ANOTHER option has snuck out the back window. I'm seriously considering law school, just because I could probably get some decent money at one of the schools here in Big Hard town. Don't know the specifics. Not something I "want" but also not something I "don't want" either. Thinking it through, wondering where it all went wrong, trying to find a course of action. I really thought I'd finally found something worthwhile, but then it required a $17,000.oo annual living expense and paid $15,000.oo annually. Everywhere I go, people are VOLUNTEERING THEIR MONEY for the PRIVILEGE of working. I just don't get that system. When did it start in America, that you pay your employer to work for him? I simply can't afford it, so all the rich kids from prep schools get bankrolled to great careers (teaching, writing, things I could do) and I'm excluded on the basis of "isn't devoted" (a.k.a. doesn't volunteer free effort because ... doesn't have the money). Grr.

OK I'm done whining. I probably won't be here at the TUSCL boards too often, it's an energy sink. But I'll drop in from time to time when the energy is superfluous. If you find me writing lots and lots here at TUSCL, remind me that I promised not to let the energy sink sap all my time and effort. I'll buy you a private in codger karma heaven.

Best wishes. BG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion