tuscl

OT: The Asian Work Ethic (Chinese 996 work schedule)

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
The 996 working hour system (Chinese: 996工作制) is a work schedule commonly practiced by some companies in the People's Republic of China. It derives its name from its requirement that employees work from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm, 6 days per week; i.e. 72 hours per week.[1][2][3][4][5][6] A number of Chinese internet companies have adopted this system as their official work schedule. Critics argue that the 996 working hour system is a flagrant violation of Chinese law.[7]

In March 2019 an "anti-996" protest was launched via GitHub ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/996_workin…

11 comments

• bdirect
    4 years ago
    that is why Apple Factories are in china, i think they make 90cents an hour, so thats is $70 per week on the production line
  • Sgtsnowman
    4 years ago
    Oh look, it's like slavery but it's imposed by people within your own ethnic sub group so it must be ok. Communism has as one of it's basic fundamental principles the reduction of large numbers of people into just another resource for the state. Chinese owned companies are just extensions of the state. You can try to turn humans into drones but it's never gonna work out. The western work weeks might be much maligned, but they were organized around the natural working and rest cycles of people.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    Never owned an Apple product in my life and never will. Piece of shit Steve Jobs was a big anti-2nd Amendment jerkoff and so is his wife, stupid cunt.
  • bdirect
    4 years ago
    i think that why these be Tech Companies CEO's are liberal marxist, the have made billions off the slave labor in communist countries. just like the NBA, they love china and hate america
  • jackslash
    4 years ago
    Before I retired from a large American company I routinely worked 70 to 80 hours a week.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    ^ that's White Privilege
  • bdirect
    4 years ago
    you lucky to retired, most people lost there jobs and pension in the 80s when big factory moved to china from detroit
  • bdirect
    4 years ago
    i am surprise there is a america factory left here
  • Uprightcitizen
    4 years ago
    Low wages are not the defining measure of success in business.

If anyone recalls the Japanese were kicking our ass in the 70's and 80's in manufacturing quality and price. Japanese workers had great dedication and used certain managerial techniques that made them successful. The well run United States companies did what was required to succeed, we learned and adopted those things that work to compete...and did! This is just the next stage of international competition.

Plenty of low wage countries produce crap that doesnt even show up on anyone's radar because there is low demand for poor quality products.

bidirect you have a talent for posting silly non-factual stuff. China was not even a serious player in the 80's. But if you equate all Asians as Chinese this "rounds-out" your public image (pun intended)
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    I do about those hours but two days off. Day 1 though your sleeping. I don't think it's healthy tbh blood money.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    When Jack Ma, the chinese jeff bezos, began pushing 996 crap, the Chicomm government spoke against but took no action against it. This is because they know that true Communism will always fail. However, since America subsidized them for decades, they have found a sustainable form of communism which depends on what is essentially slave labor to export unimaginable amounts of goods to free countries where the citizenry will purchase these goods.

The only solution is for everyone to mKe the hard decision to boycott enablers of the ChiComm government - Apple, Amazon, Disney (Marvel, Star Wars, Nat Geo), ESPN, the NBA, whatever studio produces Transformers, Dwayne Johnson (remember Skyscraper?), and more. We also need a government to take a hard line against military expansionism and unfair trade practices (like Trump did). The final, and most dangerous but necessary steps to castrate China would be to withhold funding for all UN and international agencies which they control and delete all bonds and US debt held by the ChiComms. I would also suggest formally recognizing the Republic of China, but that would escalate into a shooting war overnight, the utter destruction of Japan and RoC in a week, and nuclear holocaust in less than a month.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion