tuscl

Fake review.

Clubber
Florida
I know this has been mentioned, but I didn't pay much attention since I never really ran across it. Can anything be done about a fake review, or perhaps many of them?

11 comments

• ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    I think the founder has "alert" mechinisms installed that flags certain reviews. Not 100% foolproof probably. TUSCLERs like us can help out by emailing him on suspicions.
  • dennyspade
    17 years ago
    I was looking for the same thread. I just read a review by RAVEM for the club that I visit every week, Jimmy's Restaurant in Chicago Hts, IL. NOT ONE element of this review was factual. Jimmy's has NEVER had a cover charge , does not have a big common room for lappers; in fact they have very comfortable padded leather cubicles with high partitions to provide such privacy. This reviewer has never been to or inside this club and gave it a 4 rating. We ask for real reviews and fairness. What should we do when we spot these fakes?
  • Clubber
    17 years ago
    BONES7599,

Your opinion, please. The club review in question was for a club I know well, like dennyspade above. There were two consecutive reviews two days apart, after nearly a year for the last two. Both were 9's and gave the club a 2.3 "Up Trend". One mentioned a dancer that I've known for years. The other review, after checking the submitter's email, has her name as the submitter.

Seems a bit strange to me. How about you?
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    I think it's nearly impossible to catch fake reviews unless the reviewer is really obvious about it. There are probably a lot of fake reviews here. One clue is to see how many different places the preson reviews. But even that isn't foolproof, a manager can easily give his own place a good review and slam his competitors. I'm sure some do that.
  • dennyspade
    17 years ago
    I think that the "self promotion" reviews by management and staff will simply read like it was intended. Hype is Hype. Thank God and those who find clubbin' to be a good use of our time; that we can distingusish and reveal the bogus reviews.

I have given high numerical ratings to clubs that I particularly don't want as my "regular" club; however if the club does everything right and makes an effort to be upscale and extremely customer friendly (although expensive) I will still give a very high rating.

Although my once-a-week joint is not "high-end," I like it for what it is. A shot and a beer joint with the same clientele and dancers. It ain't fancy and I give it a 7 rating for the most part. When I see a higher/lower rating; I am usually curious as to what other clubs the reviewer has been. In the instant case. I smelled BS and I am calling it what it is.

Like Sgt Joe Friday said: Give us the FACTS.
  • founder
    17 years ago
    If you suspect a review is fake, please send us a message with the pertinent info.. club name, city, member nickname, and why you think it's fake. we will review it.

thanks
    F

• DougS
    17 years ago
    DennySpade: A while back - last year... or was it two years ago, Jimmy's Restaurant experienced a meteoric rise on the top 40 list. If I remember right, it made it all the way to number one. At the time, I seriously suspected that it was being falsely inflated by some homers. It must be a decent club if pay weekly visits, so I guess I was wrong, back then.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    Part of the problem is that if several locals like a club and really give it high ratings, it's going to move up regardless of the fact that it may not be very good compared to places elsewhere. But the guys writing the reviews have no way of knowing that because they never go anywhere else. Which makes their reviews look phony.
  • ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    clubber - Definately a bit strange. No doubt (if not annonymous), the dancer has membership via paid or club review, and is no doubtedly building up her club and herself. If the club doesn't have many reviews, the trend will increase signifcantly and rapidly.

Like FONDL said, you can expect some fake reviews, a lot compared to honest reviews? Don't think so.

Like founder says, send in your suspicious info to him. He's never too busy to check out authenticity! "WE" all want this 'site' to be as honest and upfront as possible, and it will take our attentiveness to keep it that way.
  • harrydave
    17 years ago
    I looked at the reviews with ratings of 10 in the Recent Reviews list.

This one looks fake (it reads like ad copy and the person has a single review)

http://www.tuscl.com/detail.php?Strip+Cl…
  • dennyspade
    17 years ago
    Doug:

You were right about the "meteroic rise" a few years back. There were either dancers or staff who submitted "10's" As I have indicated, Jimmy's is ashot and a beer joint and the regulars appreciate it for what it is. I just left there after drinking two beers and getting no dances. This was the third club I visited on a Friday evening and it lacked BIG TIME.

There was little excitement and the regulars were enjoying their 24 oz Pilsner Beers and watching the ball game while looking at topless ladies on the stage. Nothing wrong ... just nnothing special compared to other area clubs.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion