tuscl

Larry King dies at the age of 87

twentyfive
Living well and enjoying my retirement
I used to watch his show all of the time, before that he had a late night radio talk show, which I remember from before CNN existed he used to broadcast his radio program from a restaurant on one of the Miami Beach causeways, he took over the talk radio show that had been hosted by Long John Knebel and Candy Jones
He fathered a child in 2000 when he was in his late 60s, love him or hate him he had an interesting life

R.I.P.

14 comments

• twentyfive
    4 years ago
    For his own obituary, King suggested a fanciful headline and specific introduction. With a mischievous smile, he leaned in and, in that familiar voice steeped in the timbre of his New York City birthplace, he offered:

“Headline: Oldest man who ever lived died today. He was found in bed with a 30-year-old woman, shot by the husband in the head. He died instantly and it took three days to wipe the smile off his face. You probably knew him as Larry King. He was 127, had all of his faculties. He was still broadcasting and had his 120th anniversary show, and he did the broadcast from the old Miami Herald building.”

King leaned back, content, and added his job description.
    I’d like it to say, ‘He provided information.’”

Consider it done, ol’ pal.

R.I.P.
  • Mate27
    4 years ago
    ^^^ Didn’t you guys grow up together in the same neighborhood?
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    ^ He’ had a few years on me but yeah, we both came out of Brooklyn
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    Time marches on.
  • Mate27
    4 years ago
    ^^^ They’ll say the same about us some day, and I won’t want anyone to bother being sad about my departure either.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    2021 celebrity death triangle begins!

Who's next? I think Timothy Dalton is the oldest surviving Bond, but he has seemed quite healthy in recent roles. David Letterman has reached the expected lifespan of the American male. Pat Sajak is 74, a year older than Letterman.

Place your bets.
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    Betty White is 99!
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    Sad news. I apologize for my mistake - as I thought he passed a few years ago.

I think his voice had the authority to make anything he read seem newsworthy.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    i’ll borrow some of his grave stone Obituary text...

He was found in bed with a hot 20 year-old woman, shot by the husband in the head. He died instantly and it took three days to wipe the smile off his face. You probably knew him as jascoi.
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    Larry King has been 87 for the last 30 years. I still watch some of his old interviews he was awesome
  • mike710
    4 years ago
    He must have spent all his money on hookers and blow on his way out. Can't figure out how his estate is only $2 Million. Probably a lot of us that would leave that if we moved on from this place.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/larr…
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    ^ Probably has accounts set up for his children, and his home is probably in his wife's name, he could even have LLC's set up and annuities owned by insurance companies to provide an income stream. I'd be sure he has a shit ton of assets spread around.
  • mike710
    4 years ago
    Maybe it's just poor writing and lazy reporting? We know that never happens these days. When someone writes "Estate", you think that is his worth at time of death. Other financial tools would explain things but a poorly written story then.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    If you're filthy rich and have good financial planners, your "estate" will be worth as little as possible when you die.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion