tuscl

Revenge

skibum609
Massachusetts
Friday, January 15, 2021 12:32 PM
I feel revenge falls into two categories: Godfather and Confucius. The Godfather said: "Revenge is a dish best tasted when cold". Confucius said:" Before one embarks upon a journey for revenge; he must first dig two graves." Which version of revenge do you choose?

14 comments

• CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    The best revenge is to have enough self-worth not to seek it... Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned first... Be grateful... Act with love... Check your motives... Watch your attitude... Forgive...
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Thank you Jesus for not making me anything like this jamoke ^.
  • Uprightcitizen
    3 years ago
    Haven't you heard Ski? The best form of revenge is success.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ That’s what I say too, Living well is the best revenge
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    “Father, forgive them, because they don't know what they're doing." ~ Jesus, also referred to as Jesus of Nazareth or Jesus Christ, was a first-century Jewish preacher and religious leader. ~ Born: c. 4 BC; Kingdom of Judea, Roman Empire ~ Died: AD 30 or 33[b] (aged 33–36); Jerusalem, Judea, Roman Empire
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Funny you should say that 25. In my business I am oftentimes asked what's the best way to "get back" at the ex. I tell them live well, enjoy life and be happy; it will drive them fucking crazy....and it does. CJ the idea that you think quoting jesus means jack shit to me is amazing. I've spent exactly none of my life as a christian or a believer in God.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    I have CJ on ignore I only check what he’s saying occasionally, most of what he says is something someone else had the imagination to think of, he hasn’t had any original thoughts as long as he’s been posting
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    @skibum609 You wrote and I quote: “Thank you Jesus...” :D
  • Cristobal
    3 years ago
    To me it depends on the scope of the revenge. I let it go completely and moved on from my ex-wife and my divorce, I just wanted out so revenge was not even a thought (though I could have done some really damage to her boyfriend). However, when a close friend fucked me over and I knew I had the moral support of my friends, I exacted revenge and hurt his business where he had to close it up. The dish was cold and well served.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    Revenge means they got to you the first time. Fly above that shit. Or do like The Count of Monte Cristo and make it worthy of a great story.
  • wallanon
    3 years ago
    That is the most surgical and concise strike that CJKent and his band has ever posted on TUSCL. lol
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    "The mill of God grinds slow, but it grinds exceedingly small."
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    I have no desire to enact revenge. I my view it does not serve a useful purpose. To answer your question - my view would be similar to Confucius. I struggled for years with hate and desire for revenge, and it was a futile pursuit. I became more hateful and my reliving of the past was unhealthy. Part of letting go requires some level of forgiveness, and a feeling of a more serene existence. This requires significant examination of conscience. It is not for everyone, but it is helpful. The Godfather type of revenge works nicely in Hollywood movies. It can offer a satisfying conclusion in a few hours. But it may not allow for peace on the part of the one seeking revenge.
  • crosscheck
    3 years ago
    To quote Dave Mustaine (Megadeth) "sweet taste of vindication, it turns to ashes in your mouth"
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion