tuscl

Kissing Booths

gSteph
The view from the other side of the room
Saturday, January 9, 2021 9:01 PM
Wife picked up some books from the local street library for reading during upcoming recovery (shoulder surgery). Opened one at random and read a page and there was a reference to a Kissing Booth – being used as incentive for recycling efforts for war materials during 2nd World War. And I remember there being a kissing booth at (rural Minnesota) the county fair in the mid-sixties. Fundraising for something. As an 11 or 12 year old kid, I thought, hmmm, kissing? One dollar? Clearly not going to happen. My budget for the whole day was one dollar, and I already spent a 20 cents of that for the Ferris wheel. But the thought of kissing a high school girl did sound intriguing. Anybody else remember Kissing Booths?

22 comments

• mike710
    3 years ago
    Wasn't a kissing booth per se but I did pay a dollar for a kiss at strip club in the 80's in Wisconsin. This club was having a "Miss Nude Wisconsin" contest and had the girls go into the crowd and offer kisses for $1. I was young and drunk so I remember participating.
  • DennisKe
    3 years ago
    I too never participated, unfortunately, but I remember seeing them several times. There are many fun opportunities I had in my youth I wish I could re-live.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    I was deprived! In the beautiful hamlet of Irvington NJ there were no kissing booths! I do remember a drunk guy who would ask for a reach around...
  • Huntsman
    3 years ago
    I can’t say I ever ran across a kissing booth. Dang. Although if it was a dollar back in the mid 60s, I wonder what it would cost today?
  • Jascoi
    3 years ago
    a missed opportunity (when I was younger ...)
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    Kissing booths are a clip joint! Front room (or outdoor) make out session, and booths when ready for the pants to come down. I don’t care this is a thread about when you were 11, children need to be educated dammit!
  • joker44
    3 years ago
    ⬆️⬆️ to really play-act SJG, spice, you need to develop a full-blown delusional org😊
  • crosscheck
    3 years ago
    Revenge of the Nerds...
  • nj_pete
    3 years ago
    Well no kissing booths in the age of Covid. Would be interesting though. never seen one in person. I
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    When I was younger they were a popular attraction at the fireman’s fair every summer on Long Island, I think they were 3 kisses for a quarter, and right next to the kissing booth would be a dunk tank that you threw a baseball at a target and the guy in the chair would get dumped in a tank fun times
  • doctorevil
    3 years ago
    Common at county fairs and fundraisers in the 60s.
  • loganshard
    3 years ago
    In Switzerland they have Sex Booths [view link]
  • rickthecoconutcrab
    3 years ago
    I prefer scuttling booths. Sexy female hairless ape gets naked and I scuttle all over her body. It’s both sexy and kind of disturbing. Scuttle scuttle!
  • Longball300
    3 years ago
    Have never even seen a kissing booth. Many dunk tanks, not that it is comparable. Usually manned by young ladies in swimsuits and / or some local politician or school administrator.
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    A scene from "Revenge of the nerds". [view link]
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    I remember when I was probably 13 - so around 1974 - there was a kissing booth at a fair about 10 miles from my home in South Jersey. The girl in the booth, to my surprise and delight, was the gorgeous older (16) girl who lived across the street from me. Both her and her equally hot sister were the subject of many a fantasy for me growing up. I got right in line. Unfortunately, she probably saw me, got creeped out, and abandoned the booth lol. She was very Catholic and had strict parents who probably would have killed her had they known what she was doing.
  • rockie
    3 years ago
    Well the good news is that her mother did not step in as the substitute kisser!
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    Ha ha - her mother was gorgeous too. Total milf before that term came out.
  • Musterd21
    3 years ago
    Getting a kiss could be like unprotected sex - you might get something! lol
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    I haven’t thought of that in probably 30 years. I couldn’t think of anything else for weeks after back then
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    The only one I remember seeing was with Paris Hilton on TV. The Kissing Booth 💋 | The Simple Life | Season 1 Episode 4 | OMG Network [view link]
  • MackTruck
    3 years ago
    I never kissed a booth. What is dat like 👍
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion