tuscl

"Dodgers legendary manager Tommy Lasorda dies at age 93 of a heart attack"

joker44
In the wind
"Dodgers legendary manager Tommy Lasorda dies at age 93 of a heart attack"

https://www.latimes.com/obituaries/story…

9 comments

• Huntsman
    4 years ago
    From what I could tell, Lasorda seemed like he loved the game and had fun with it. That’s how it should be.
  • magicrat
    4 years ago
    A legend! RIP Tommy
  • joker44
    4 years ago
    "From what I could tell, Lasorda seemed like he loved the game and had fun with it."

That seems to be the gist of the Times articles about his death
  • Cristobal
    4 years ago
    RIP Mr Dodger Tommy Lasorda
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    RIP Tommy Lasorda. He lived a good life.
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    Apparently he used to go out to eat when the Dodgers were on road every night and he would hold court at the restaurant chatting it up with anyone there. Supposedly never had to pay either. Baseball legend RIP Not a lot of Brooklyn Dodgers left.
  • mike710
    4 years ago
    I hate the Dodgers but actually loved Tommy. I was out at Spring Training in AZ the first year the Dodgers had moved from FLA to AZ.

If you are a baseball fan and haven't been to Spring Training, I highly recommend it. So, I was with a buddy and started talking to this random Dodger fan. We talked some baseball stories and he told me one I still remember.

He said he was out in FLA in Dodgertown for his bachelor party with a bunch of his buddies. They all pitched in to have his name put on the scoreboard and have him throw out the first pitch. Well, since it was a bachelor party, all went out and got hammered the night before and were a mess at the start of the game. When it was time for him to throw out the first pitch, he went out and ran into Tommy on the way to throw out the pitch. Tommy had his share of rough mornings and noticed it in him. The dude was nervous to meet Tommy but he just looked at him and said "Don't fuck up".

Well he went out shaking to the mound and threw out the first pitch. Of course it bounced to home plate. He walked away knowing he had blown his big moment. But, he still had to walk past Tommy. As he walked past Tommy he just looked at him and said "Pussy"!

That was Tommy in a nutshell. His postgame rants to reporters about Dave Kingman and Kurt Bevaqua are legendary.
  • crosscheck
    4 years ago
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzjWQF1o…

Lasorda going off in an interview. One of the funniest things I have ever heard in my life.
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    Not for nothing Lasorda is the kind of guy that would have been immediately banned by cancelculture. They just don’t make ‘em like that any more.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion