tuscl

What do you think? Dems better than GOP for Dow Market Index

gotoguy
Florida
So we all think otherwise but it just isnt true

TRUMP
Starting Value: 19,827.25
High Point: 30,606.48 on Dec 31, 2020 (don’t yet have February numbers)
Low Point: 18,591.93 on Mar. 23, 2020
Performance While in Office: 54% increase as of Dec 31, 2020

OBAMA
Starting Value: 7,949.09
High Point: 19,974.62 on Dec. 20, 2016
Low Point: 6,547.05 on March 9, 2009
Ending Value: 19,732.40
Performance While in Office: 148.23% increase

Same with Clinton vs Bush and so forth

21 comments

• ilbbaicnl
    4 years ago
    From what they've done, you have to think that the GOP is committed to Grover Norquist's playbook. Make the deficit and debt so large that it will generate an Argentina-type crisis, which will make it politically possible to reduce the Federal Government to what it was in the 1920s. If you see a risky strategy like that as a good approach, probably should just put your money in Bitcoin.
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    Obviously one example doesn’t make a historic trend.

However, when looking at history, neither party is better financially overall.

Your post is far from useful.

Possibly an examination of tax rates and other factors would assist in providing a better view.
  • bdirect
    4 years ago
    the S&P 500 ended up 15% for the year 2020, so i think it will repeat again in 2021 regardless who is president
  • Tetradon
    4 years ago
    Easy money through 2023 is going to keep the market rising.
  • bdirect
    4 years ago
    i ended up 64.62% for the year 2020
  • CJKent_band
    4 years ago
    The Dow is a misrepresentation of the overall U.S. stock market. It says absolutely nothing about the state that the economy or society is really in.

“Browse the DJIA and you can find a Who’s Who of the corporations lobbying the hardest for deregulating out wage, health, and public safety laws whilst quietly building up regulation and law to entrench their monopoly grip and add barriers to competition.”
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    ^ you are an idiot who hasn’t a clue about what you’re saying, you claim to be an educator, what a crackpot !
  • SanchoRG
    4 years ago
    Old people love to point to the dow. Hotness has been S&P500 for at least 30 years tho probably longer
  • CJKent_band
    4 years ago
    It doesn’t matter who’s in the White House or Congress etc; both parties are part of the 1%.

Does it make sense that in a time when the gap between the richest and poorest is widening constantly, exponentially, a small number of selected winners in the buy-low-sell-high “stock game” are inconceivable overvalued?

The DJIA is a misrepresentation as a “market health” indicator.

People can earn reasonable wealth by providing innovation and value to society...

However to become part of the 1% is a competition among parasites, with the first place going to the ones that steal the most and share the least.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    ^ You do realize that 75-80% of the working people of this country are invested in the DOW, between pension funds, IRA"s, 401K plans and a multitude of other types of investment vehicles, your own union the Teachers union has a very large stake in the DOW and realistically speaking, most people wouldn't have a clue as to how to leverage their meager savings, let alone create returns of capital with your platitude masquerading as advice " by providing innovation and value to society..."
    You really don't know what you are talking about and should shut the fuck up, lest you actually cause harm.
  • CJKent_band
    4 years ago
    America today, is a highly bureaucratized, extremely inefficient system designed for the benefit of one sector of the private enterprise system (the so-called 1%) and in that process happens to harm other sectors (the American People 99%).

The stock market is one of the biggest scams, is just a Ponzi Scheme.
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    This has become a rant. There is no value in ranting about the stock market - or other market indexes.

I had thought you were going to make a reasonable point regarding how the DJIA functions compared to historic GDP - and unemployment - and the CPI.

I was wrong. You are simply angry with everyone who is successful.
  • CJKent_band
    4 years ago
    “Our biosphere is being sacrificed so that rich people in countries like mine can live in luxury.”

“It is the sufferings of the many which pay for the luxuries of the few.”

“And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.”

~ Greta Tintin Eleonora Ernman Thunberg
    ~ Born: 3rd January 2003 Stockholm, Sweden
    ~ Occupation: Student, environmental activist
    ~ Awards:
    ~ Fritt Ord Award (2019)
    ~ Rachel Carson Prize (2019)
    ~ Ambassador of Conscience Award (2019)
    ~ Right Livelihood Award (2019)
    ~ International Children's Peace Prize (2019)
    ~ Time Person of the Year (2019)
    ~ Gulbenkian Prize for Humanity (2020)
  • mike710
    4 years ago
    Hitler was Time Magazine Person of the Year too. These awards are worthless.

http://content.time.com/time/specials/pa…
  • Tetradon
    4 years ago
    "I love it when they call me Big Poppa."

~ Notorious BIG
  • CJKent_band
    4 years ago
    “A stock index, or stock market index, is an index that measures a stock market, or a subset of the stock market, that helps investors compare current price levels with past prices to calculate market performance”

“It is computed from the prices of selected stocks typically a “weighted arithmetic mean”.”

“Since you cannot invest directly in an index, index funds are created to track their performance.”

“These “funds” incorporate securities that closely mimic those found in an index, thereby allowing an investor to bet on its performance, “for a fee”.”

“The Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA), Dow Jones, is a stock market index that measures the stock performance of 30 large companies listed on stock exchanges in the United States.”

“Although it is one of the most commonly followed equity indices, many consider the Dow to be an inadequate representation of the overall U.S. stock market compared to broader market indices such as the S&P 500 Index or Russell 3000 because it includes only 30 large cap companies, is not weighted by market capitalization, and does not use a weighted arithmetic mean.

Those indexes in reality say absolutely nothing about the state that the economy or society is in when compared to the past.”

“A better guide to evaluate the economy would be to look at the number of people in society that use food stamps today.”
  • JamesSD
    4 years ago
    Historically Democratic president, Republican congress is great for the stock market. It provides a stable environment where companies are more confident investing.
  • CJKent_band
    4 years ago
    "I' m just a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe...”
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    I think we’ve just witnessed the unraveling of one of our members.

He’s now posting unrelated quotes in a manner reminiscent of SJG.
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    Cash, he unraveled long ago, the moment doctor dropped him on his head in the delivery room.
    All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put cj back together again.
  • CJKent_band
    4 years ago
    @gotoguy

To answer your question:

Q: What do you think? Dems better than GOP for Dow Market Index

A: I think, based on history, that stocks usually do what they do regardless of which party controls the White House or Congress.

Because the stock market is a Giant Ponzi Scheme.

“Typically, Ponzi schemes require an initial investment and promise above-average returns.

They use vague verbal guises such as "hedge futures trading", "high-yield investment programs", or "offshore investment" to describe their income strategy.

It is common for the operator to take advantage of a lack of investor knowledge or competence, or sometimes claim to use a proprietary, secret investment strategy to avoid giving information about the scheme.”
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion