tuscl

Baltimore City Club updates

Hank Moody
I'm fine. I'm disgusted with my life and myself, but I'm not unhappy about that.
Saturday, November 7, 2020 3:49 AM
The Mayor is putting restrictions on Baltimore City bars and restaurants starting Nov 12 that will likely cause the strip clubs to shut down again. Not sure if the county will follow but I’m going to get as many visits in as I can. Dammit.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/baltimore.c…

32 comments

• wallanon
    4 years ago
    This is just nuts.
  • whodey
    4 years ago
    Yeah with the spike in the virus combined with the elections being over I expect a lot of areas to put new restrictions or even shutdowns in place soon. Enjoy the clubs while you can.
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    Get ready for another round of stripper musical chairs as the girls bounce from clubs trying to get shifts where the doors are open. We lost a few good ones during the last shutdown who never came back. Hope that doesn’t happen again.
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    Not Baltimore but I was in Philly last Friday. Every club I tried was closed and the Walmart and Target in the Northeast were completely boarded (those were probably the ones that got ransacked) I’m wondering if it’s Covid related or riot related causing those strip clubs to shut down
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    Thank God I am in Florida.
  • Jasdoit
    4 years ago
    I hear the players club closed for good. Did the girls go elsewhere?
  • StPaul101
    4 years ago
    Rumor is MN will be next to close bars and restaurants, probably sometime this week.
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    Governor Hogan just ordered a bunch of new restrictions statewide. Our numbers and across the nation are spiking. It’s not just positive tests. Hospitalizations, ICU numbers and deaths in Maryland are all at their highest levels since June. Bars and restaurants are back to 50% capacity instead of 75%. No standing patrons may be served. That’s definitely better than full closure. I’ll continue to make as many trips as I can as we’re trending to more restrictive measures.
  • Bavarian
    4 years ago
    I am thankful to live in Texas.
    I don’t think our governor will shut things down and we are already #1 in COVID cases.
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    Don't jinx us, Bavarian...
  • Bavarian
    4 years ago
    😂

I hope not!

We are very lucky to be living normal lives besides just the minor inconvenience of having to wear a mask

• Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    On his first day in office, Baltimore city mayor Brandon Scott just ordered all bars and restaurants to close for indoor dining as of 5p Friday Dec 11. Well, fuck.
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    Update - Baltimore City is reopening restaurants and bars at reduced capacity, but the mayor’s announcement specifically excepts adult entertainment venues. They must stay closed, but inching closer if he follows the data. I’m sure some will believe he’s using Covid as an excuse to take aim at crippling strip clubs and they may not be wrong.
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    Update - Governor is allowing MD bars and restaurants to stay open past 10p starting Monday Feb 1. It’s still up to the county execs and Baltimore city mayor if they want to be more restrictive. MD test positivity % and other Covid stats are trending down so hopefully everything should be reopening soon.
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    Baltimore city clubs still are largely closed by mayor. The city’s Covid numbers are much better than the state, but he has singled out adult entertainment. Still, Fantasies opened two weeks ago, Th-Sa only. Penthouse is opening tomorrow. I think they are opening with no live entertainment, so no stage, just food, drinks and dance rooms. This is just what I’ve seen online, so if someone goes please confirm or clarify.
  • Longball300
    4 years ago
    Well that sucks. Conversely our "curfew" has been lifted and numbers are on a sharp decline:

https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/…
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    Yeah, Maryland is doing very well with statewide 7 day positivity rates in the 4.5% range. Baltimore City is even better in the 2.5% range. Both are trending down. Ohio is also trending down but still in the 7-10% range depending on the source. Yet, our city mayor has opened the bars and restaurants but not the strip clubs. There is a stripper protest march set for Wednesday. I wish I could go. Would be fun to watch.
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    Instagram flyers for today’s rally against the Baltimore mayor keeping the clubs closed:

https://tuscl.net/photo.php?id=7265
    https://tuscl.net/photo.php?id=7266

Hopefully they post some pics of the dancers marching in their heels 👠
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    Any word on how it went?
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    Couple of vids. Here’s one more pic. Looked like maybe 20-30 dancers but hard to tell. Maybe twice that including others. It was relatively warm here today and over 60* but everyone was pretty well covered up and no heels. I think now that penthouse and fantasies are open without stage shows, the pressure is off for a bit. I can’t imagine they’ll do great business though, but maybe other city clubs will follow. The Covid positivity rate in Baltimore city has been under 3% for 14 straight days and declining. Mayor really is sticking it to the strip joints.

https://tuscl.net/photo.php?id=7269

• GivenToFly
    4 years ago
    “Some other agenda at play here.” So true. Apparently it’s the same situation in all of West Virginia.
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    When it comes to strip clubs, Baltimore politicians are hypocritical idiots with a Providence problem. When those guys in Rhode Island finally fixed the loophole that essentially legalized indoor prostitution, cause hooking outdoors is bad ya know, they still got ridiculed because how many years went by before they "fixed" it. Baltimore's had one of the raunchiest city blocks in the United States right next to police headquarters for how many years? And now strip clubs are a problem?
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    Penthouse Club sued the mayor last week. Free speech discrimination claim, lack of evidence to connect strip clubs with Covid spread, etc. Doing the Lord’s work.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/coronavirus…
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    4 years ago
    Baltimore Sun: Baltimore’s strippers can return to their poles after prevailing in a fight against a city ban on adult entertainment during the coronavirus pandemic. Democratic Mayor Brandon Scott agreed to lift the ban, according to the attorneys who filed a lawsuit against the city last week on behalf of TC Entertainment, owner of The Penthouse Club.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/politics/bs…
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    Oh great. Now I might have to say something nice about the Baltimore Penthouse Club.
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    4 years ago
    Just heard from one of my Baltimore City favs. Her club is reopening tomorrow (Friday) night!

I concur with Wallanon. I’ve never been to Scores/Penthouse. I’ve always been put off by their mandatory valet fees and other practices, per TUSCL reviews. But I do tip my hat to them for fighting the unequal treatment of adult entertainment venues. Once I get vaccinated, I think I’ll visit Penthouse and give them a shot a being added to my club rotation.
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    4 years ago
    Looks like a Baltimore Sun photographer got an assignment to take a series of photos inside Penthouse Club for this follow up story.
    https://www.baltimoresun.com/coronavirus…

• Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    Baltimore city mayor just ordered an indoor mask mandate starting on Monday August 9. Fuck.
  • wallanon
    3 years ago
    Hey johnsayer. If you were lurking around here the past year or so, you probably think this is a board for you to jump around and act like a bigot. Most years when dudes are at peace with their lot in life the board chatter is more moderate.
  • wallanon
    3 years ago
    I'm going to pretend I didn't read McNulty's update when I write my next reviews.
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    It's total bullshit to be fucking people's money now that there are shots for rona. People who could be vaccinated and choose not to, and get bad rona, should be put in tent hospitals, and be last in line for respirators.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion