tuscl

Miss Teen South Carolina

Did you see her in action? At the end the national spotlight was on her. The nation was watching. The question "A survey says one out of 5 Americans can not locate the US on a world map, why do you believe that is the case?" (maybe not word for word but close enough)

She definitely had her blonde moment. I was thinking she's only 18, pressures on, and she chokes with a question she never heard before, such as why do you think 1 out of 5 Americans is so stupid?

What do you think?
If you missed her just go to www.youtube.com and it shouldn't be hard to find her. She did a good job redeeming herself on The Today show with a much better answer. Her answer might have cost her the crown. I thought she could have taken it all before she opened her mouth.

31 comments

• casualguy
    17 years ago
    My first thought when I heard that question was "they must be really stupid Americans" then "oh, she can't say that, it won't look good on tv."
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    I heard another survey claimed almost half of American students believe the Sun revolves around the Earth. Someone should have gone on, I would have asked how many believe the Earth is flat?
  • Clubber
    17 years ago
    Want to know how stupid America has become? Well over 50% (some say as high as 70%) think that our "education" system is doing a good job.

Why, might one ask? IMHO, that is an easy answer, the NEA and the members that keep them solvent. As an example, they oppose ANYTHING that requires teachers be competent. Need one say more?

One can look at postings on here and get an idea of the age of the poster just by their lack of English skills.
  • motorhead
    17 years ago
    I don't care how stupid she was...did you see her....she was fucking hot! OK, go ahead and turn me in to Dateline "To Catch a Predator"
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    No "Miss Anything" contest should require the girls to open their mouths. Who cares if they have a functioning brain, it's not an IQ test, it should be about looks, period. And the costumes should be skimpy bikinis or less. And there shouldn't be any female judges. In fact I'd like to see the judges be all pro football players. Or dirty old men like us.
  • harrydave
    17 years ago
    Let's see:
    1) Beautiful young women
    2) Parading on stage
    3) In various revealing outfits
    4) While a guy with a microphone extols their virtues
    5) And other guys sit nearby and rate them as to poise, personality, looks, and brains (or lack thereof)
    Beauty pageant, or just your usual night at the local tittie bar?

What if the Miss America pageant was held at the Flight Club?...hmmmm.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    Harrydave, a club I used to go to once in a while (Baltimore's Gentlemen's Gold Club) has an annual Miss Nude Baltimore contest - it lasts 3 days and first prize is $5,000 - which draws dancers from all over the area. That's my idea of a beauty contest. The girl I used to hang with won it, which didn't surprise me at all.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    Isn't the part where they open their mouths sort of the beauty pageant's equivalent of a triple jump in figure skating? It's the climax of the competition where everybody holds their breath to see if she can pull off the trick without an embarrassing fall. It seems to me it would be a (more) boring spectacle without the chance of that happening.....even though the answers they're expected to give are boring. The only other opportunity for anything of note to happen is after the winner is crowned, when her nude photos (or drug orgies, etc., fill in the blank) come to light.

(I say this not having actually watched a beauty pageant since my parents controlled the TV.)
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    The last beauty pagent I saw (and maybe the only one) was the one my girl friend won in high school.
  • DougS
    17 years ago
    Yeah, she is one smokin' hot girl. You can't really judge her IQ from her answer, with all of the pressure involved and all, but she sounded like she was dumber than an empty box of rocks. I say, who cares?!! In a heartbeat, baby... in a heartbeat!

• FONDL
    17 years ago
    I'm reminded of a girl I interviewed for a job once a long time ago. This girl had just graduated from college and was drop-dead gorgeous - long blonde hair, great tan, pretty face, pretty smile, body to die for. And had no personality, trying to get her to talk was like pulling teeth. She was pleasant enough but didn't say a word other than to give 2 or 3 word answers to a question. Like I asked her what she like to do in her spare time, answer - "Go to the beach." When the interview was over my secretary asked me what I thought of her. To which I replied, "I have no interest in hiring her but she'd make a great wife."
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    Just a thought, maybe they could get her on the Beauty and Geek show in a future episode. Forget the fact that she has a 3.5 grade point average in High School. Not all High Schools are the same. I remember beating the pants off of someone in college playing a game of chess, already 8 times in a row. One game I was playing with him and had changed my pawns into several queens before finishing him off to give him a little hint he wasn't that great in my opinion. Then he told me he was the chess champion at his High School and valedictorian at his school as well. So much for his High School. I think you have to be near the top of the class in High School to be just average in a normal college. That is for people who graduate.

Yeah, she really blew it. However if I had a chance to meet her or get to know her, I'd be there if I thought I had any chance and was a bit younger.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    I'm referring to the High Schools I'm familiar with. Some are probably better than others and I don't know how they compare on a national basis.
  • Jpac73
    17 years ago
    Are you talking about the Ms. Teen USA pageant that aired last week on NBC? or is this something totally different?
  • ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    I wonder how many of these Miss Teen contestants will end up dancers in a strip club?
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    Bones - not nearly enough of them.
  • minnow
    17 years ago
    FONDL: My 1st visit to Pure Platinum, Ft. Lauderdale in the 80's: Half the dancers there were 3rd runner ups or better in some sort of beauty contest, but again, PP is one of those "gentlemens club", un-neighborly like clubs (corporate chain) that you avoid.

CG: Do you think she would make a good PP Columbia dancer??

You Tube Fans: Checkout Spring Break Mistake (in scroll- list to the right), how many got "suckered"? On that ones alternative list, try "Oops, I did it again", and let us know your appetite for getting in a hot tub.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    Minnow, she would be the hottest girl in any club that I know of if she were a dancer. I thought she could have won the Miss Teen crown. She was in the top 4 selected by a panel of Judges.

However, could she be a good dancer? I don't know, I would have to see if she can shake it and dance. :)

Jpac, yes, if you missed it somehow, watch youtube to see what a massive blunder she made when asked the final question. You'll feel dumber just by listening to it. Should be called definition of blonde moment or something else like that.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    Jpac, if you search for youtube and search for Miss Teen USA and find a video with over 2 million views, you found it.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    Correction almost 12 million views and over 40,000 comments on just that one thread. The most popular popped up first.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8D…

• casualguy
    17 years ago
    Someone already answered the question if Miss Teen USA would make a good dancer. Maybe, maybe not, while watching Miss Teen USA spoofs, I found this girl dancing around a pole on youtube.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyMjH19dl…
    Could it be?
  • ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    I'm not sure, but she took one hell of a fall, that drunk bitch! LOL
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    Didn't even notice she was drunk. I thought maybe her geography skills in knowing the lower elevation might be lacking. Maybe South Africa or The Iraq should help us build safety nets for young kids who don't have maps and know about those sudden drops near those stripper pole like things. :)

It's sad to think one out of 5 US Americans doesn't have a map and would not be able to locate the US. When I was young, gas stations would give away free maps. I could even locate the general area of our solar system on a galactic map of our galaxy. I never realized how much education gas stations were providing. Maybe young students should complain about lack of foreign aid from South Africa. Obviously they cut back too far. It's very sad. I wonder who did the poll or survey though? Maybe ex World Weekly News reporters who were unemployed after Americans stopped buying the stories about Britney Spears having an alien baby or whatever they cooked up? Do you know any young students who can't locate the US on a map? Maybe their parents don't know either if the survey was accurate.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    In all fairness to Miss Teen South Carolina, I read in California when there was a black out in San Francisco many years ago, many grown adults were calling the police to report UFO's all over the sky. Apparently the grown adults did not know what the stars looked like at night.
  • DougS
    17 years ago
    Someone above asked if any Miss Teen contestants will end up as strippers. Of course there are some that will end up in some form of adult entertainment. At some point in their lives, they will realize that their only talent is that they are pretty and will leverage that to their advantage. Can't blame them, right?

However, I've met a few beauty pageant contestants (actually dated the runner-up to Miss Teen Indiana, while at college) and from personal experience, they were prissy, prim and proper and unlikely to get into "nasty" activities.
  • angelfly
    17 years ago
    I think it's so pretentious that one minute they have them prance around in bikinis, then they have the "personality/question" segment...LMAO....just drop that segment and at least the pageant could have some consistency and integrity. Also...just a thought...some of my co-workers were bashing on her for being dumb and I, thinking, y'know, straight up, maybe she is, so what? I mean, you can't help what IQ you're born with....doesn't mean she's not a nice person. I mean, we're not supposed to make fun of people for being fat, or ugly, why mock the hot and unintelligent????
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    I heard she had a 3.5 grade point average. That doesn't sound stupid. I was thinking about it though, just 4 years ago she was only 14 and in elementary school. Has she ever been asked a question about why other people are so stupid and been put on the spot and had 15 seconds to answer? Apparently not. I don't know why they add a question and answer part to a contest after they are already judged on looks the rest of the pageant. Unfortunately now, she'll probably be remembered for the rest of her life as the stupid blonde Miss Teen USA girl who choked on national TV.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    Maybe she'll redeem herself in later pageants. People will definitely recognize her now. The sad thing is, our education system is in shambles if 1 out of 5 Americans can't locate the US on a world map and several others think the sun revolves around the Earth and have no idea about basic science or geography or financial matters. Someone needs to teach some basic education before students graduate from High School or from elementary school. Makes me wonder what they are being taught nowadays.
  • There have been many Miss USA winners and runners-up that have gone on to appear in Playboy. Tiffany Fallon, for one.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion