tuscl

Correlation between how good a strip club city is vs how good a sports city

it is. And by that I don't mean the success of the teams more the pulse and enthusiasm of the fanbase. I was recently at a SC in Tampa. The Rays were playing the Astros in the ALCS and it was on TV's all around the club and nobody gave a shit. (me among them, and as I get older I tilt more and more that way too) It's just a completely different vibe than some places up north where it's like a life or death thing. It got me thinking on how some of the best strip club cities (according to TUSCL not just me) are awful pro sports towns. I haven't been everywhere but quick rundown.

Great Sports Towns

Boston-Clubs not great
Chicago-Clubs not great
NYC-Clubs not great
Philly-Clubs not great
Cleveland-Clubs not great
Pittsburgh-Clubs not great
Detroit-Great Clubs
Denver-Clubs not great
Minneapolis-Clubs not great

Poor Sports Towns

Los Angeles-Great Clubs
Miami-Great Clubs
Tampa-Great Clubs
Houston-Great Clubs
Atlanta(with Follies)-Great Club*

It's obviously arguable as hell. It's not every city either. I didn't know what to do with St.Louis or Dallas they are kind of one team towns Baseball/Football respectively and I'm not sure if they are considered great SC destinations by those on here. The one true outlier to me is Detroit, it has both. Yes Detroit with an embarrassment of riches.

I full well understand it might have more to do with weather than anything but I thought it was interesting. For the most part wherever you have rabid sports fans, in general the clubs kind of suck. I'm starting to think it might have more to do with having shitty strip clubs than the sports teams themselves. When Sapphire is sucking your dick in VIP you just tend not to give a fuck about the score of a baseball game.

8 comments

4 years ago
    Probably has a lot more to do with the size of the cities and how generally liberal they are.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Limousine liberal cities with shitty strip clubs: New York; Chicago; Boston; Philadelphia; Denver; Washington D.C.
  • whodey
    4 years ago
    Not sure I agree with your classification of Los Angeles as a bad sports city. I've known quite a few that are diehard Lakers fan, a good number if diehard Dodgers fans, and quite a few that are extremely excited to see the NFL back in LA with the Chargers and Rams. Then you add in the Clippers, Angels, Galaxy, Kings and probably a few others I am forgetting and it makes it a pretty good pro-sports town. Can't forget USC and UCLA as well.

Here in Cincinnati we have the worst of both worlds with pathetic clubs and fans that start out enthusiastic about our sports teams only to have our souls crushed year after year.
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    Large sporting events like conventions attract hookers. So if that's what you mean by great clubs....
  • BAngus
    4 years ago
    In regards to DC having bad clubs, how bad can they really be? We know that Hunter Biden was able to get BBFS from several providers there. Is it really that hard to get good mileage in the district if you aren't politically connected?
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    Houston is a great sports city when the team is winning. If the team is not winning, then no one gives a shit.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Hard to make a 1:1 correlation as there are probably multiple-variables at work.

One variable is that certain cities like LA and Miami there is a lot to do including a lot of outdoor stuff to do pretty-much year-round - so sports-entertainment in these cities have entertainment competition vs a place like the MidWest, Green Bay, etc (or places like Alabama where there aren't pro-sports teams and college football is like a religion).
    4 years ago
    Ski bum, most of those cities that you referenced had awesome seems until some conservative evangelical retards (Giuliani) got involved to clean it up.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion