tuscl

Amanda Again!

reverendhornibastard
Depraved Deacon of Degeneracy
I recently told Mrs. Hornibastard about my experiences with our emotionally needy neighbor. Her reaction was unexpected. She was very sympathetic to Amanda’s plight and was critical of my dismissive attitude towards our unhappy neighbor. She didn’t seem to recognize that this feminine train wreck could become a burden or worse.

I’m glad I told her about Amanda because now Amanda has latched onto Mrs. Hornibastard!

On Friday afternoon I had to skip our traditional evening family bike ride because my WebEx meeting with my drop dead gorgeous financial advisor was running long (more about her some other day). So Mrs. Hornibastard and the kids went on their bike ride without me.

They were gone much longer than usual. Eventually, the kids came home without their mother.

“Where is mom?” I asked them.

“She’s still down the street talking to some lady.”

It turns out that Amanda was out in front of her house retrieving her trash cans from the curb and struck up a conversation with Mrs. Hornibastard.

When Mrs. Hornibastard finally came home she explained her tardiness by saying she’d met Amanda.

“Aduh! Temanmu ngak bisa diam!” (Wow! Your friend can’t shut up!)

Somehow, I resisted the temptation to say “Karma’s a bitch, ain’t it, Sweetheart?”

3 comments

• Mate27
    4 years ago
    It’s better to remain quiet than to open your mouth and allow someone to dump all their angst upon you.
  • reverendhornibastard
    4 years ago
    @Meat72,

Although I agree with your comment, something tells me that Mrs. Hornibastard will be far more receptive to listening to Amanda’s litany of woes than I was.

Women love gossip and a good soap opera, especially one in which people with testicles are the featured villains.
  • Mate27
    4 years ago
    True! It’s like a drug for them. Anything that has the hint of emotions attached to it, such as a story is fuel for fodder. Not to get too political, but it’s this very same reason why women tend to lean Democrat as they are more apt to be emotionally triggered.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion