tuscl

Outdated cultural depictions!

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Saturday, October 17, 2020 2:11 PM
What does it mean? I just watched "Paint your wagon" on Starz and it was described as outdated cultural depictions. On closer examination I find other films given the same description. i.e Dances with wolves, Dumbo, Fantasia Am I some kind of racist or some other "ist" if I watch them?

17 comments

• gammanu95
    4 years ago
    It's trigger warning for faint-hearted snowflakes who prefer revisionist history to cold, hard, facts. Because facts don't care about your feelings.
  • whodey
    4 years ago
    Did you find that the movie was an accurate depiction of modern culture? If not, it is an "outdated cultural depiction."
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    I have a Hulu/Starz combo and along with free TUBI, I may cancel my Netflix when COVID passes and I have better things to spend my money on.
  • mike710
    4 years ago
    The world would be a lot easier to tolerate if people weren't walking around looking for a reason to be offended. I guess even the phrase "sexual preference" is now offensive.
  • londonguy
    4 years ago
    ^ Absolutely right Mike. Over here there are people that go out of their way to be offended. I guess it's the same your side of the Atlantic.
  • SaltyNuts
    4 years ago
    @desertscrub - STARZ has some exclusive original drama series that are popular with a certain demographic, Outlander is probably their most popular along with The Spanish Princess or their SC series P-Valley.
  • Studme53
    4 years ago
    It a sign of collapse and decline. As the Greek and Roman empires declined, the social norms broke down - including gender and sexual norms. They became fixated on perversity- homosexuality, transsexualism/hermaphroditism. Not a positive trend.
  • rickthevulture
    4 years ago
    Do you goofy apes ever think about the fact that it is pretty frickin’ snowflakey to be offended by a phrase appearing on a screen for three frickin’ second? Besides, when I start up a movie for my buds I’m usually in the kitchen finishing the hors d'oeuvres (you know, delectable treats like rotting possum crostini) while the credits for the film start. I guess that must mean you don’t have friends to share movie night with. A bit sad if you ask me. Squawk!
  • rickthevulture
    4 years ago
    Sorry not sorry ‘bout any hurt feelings... ‘cause facts don’t care about the feelings of snowflakes! Jus’ living up to the rick motto: it’s ok to be an asshole as long as you aren’t 100% a dick! Squawk! Squawk!
  • Arigano_69 (Twat)
    4 years ago
    "Do you goofy apes ever think about the fact that it is pretty frickin’ snowflakey to be offended by a phrase appearing on a screen for three frickin’ second?" Of course not. They refuse to see their own snowflakiness. True hypocrites.
  • IceyLoco
    4 years ago
    So some are offended by movies being out of date and not culturally relevant? It happens
  • CJKent (Banned)
    4 years ago
    @shadowcat I will play along and answer your questions. Q: What does it mean? A: Google says: A cultural depiction is how a person, object or other noun is represented in culture... And outdated(adjective) Out of date, old-fashioned, antiquated; obsolete, no longer current, no longer useful or acceptable : not modern or current. “The “disclaimer” appears with some animated Disney classics such as 1967's The Jungle Book and 1953's Peter Pan, offering “caution to viewers” of “racist and culturally insensitive” depictions and references in the plots and characters of those movies.” Q: Am I some kind of racist or some other "ist" if I watch them? A: No, you are not some kind of racist or some other “ist” if you watch them.
  • Huntsman
    4 years ago
    I think I might be an outdated cultural depiction.
  • Huntsman
    4 years ago
    And I’m good with that.
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    Outdated cultural depictions are funny! We have gotten to the point that everything must be highly non-offensive to certain groups - so those depictions seem even funnier now. It might be worth watching Blazing Saddles again for a good laugh!
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    If you’re interested something I find hilarious is watching the old Tarzan movies on TCM there’s some outdated cultural references for y’all
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Imagine if the news honestly portrayed current culture in some communities lol. They'd be all upset because of the truth... Imagine a community that idolizes felons not being a resounding success lol
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion