tuscl

Major Leaguer Stabbed Outside SD Strip Club

PredragDr
California
Monday, October 12, 2020 7:05 PM
[view link] Never been there before, but is that in a seedy part of town?

12 comments

• mike710
    4 years ago
    It's an industrial/commercial part of town. It used to be pretty seedy with hookers cruising the area. I wouldn't call it a nice part of town but I've never felt unsafe in the area. I didn't even realize strip clubs had opened in SD yet because you can't get drinks in SD at a bar without some sort of food order.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    The problem is usually not the area; but the kinda club and the kinda clientele that visits the club - I don't know much about this club to know if it's something that shouldn't be surprising
  • PredragDr
    4 years ago
    From the website, it looks like a nice mainstream club. Maybe Pham encountered some Rays fans in town celebrating last night's victory?
  • mike710
    4 years ago
    I think any club has potential for crazy shit late at night with a bunch of drunk people. There are only 2 topless clubs with alcohol remaining in SD. I don't worry about crimes at either but that doesn't mean they won't happen. I have an old acquaintance that had been working as a bouncer there pre-covid. Don't see him much but will ask him what went down next time I run into him. If he is still working there that is. I had a run in with Darryl Strawberry there back when he was playing for the Dodgers and at the height of his addictions.
  • pistola
    4 years ago
    It’s not that bad of an area although the club is tucked a bit off a main thoroughfare. It’s known as one of the nicer clubs in SD. Some people just shouldn’t drink.
  • xedin5436
    4 years ago
    The area is kinda seedy - due to zoning laws, strip clubs and other adult businesses kind of get clustered together in a couple places; the Midway district is one of those areas (the last local Deja Vu isn't far away, Body Shop (closed) and Les Girls are right down the street, and Fantasy Shots is a bit further). But I wouldn't really call it dangerous or sketchy - there's plenty of legit businesses and restaurants around, and a couple strip malls with big box stores like Home Depot and Target almost right next door. I very rarely went to Pacers when I lived in the area, but I was doing other stuff around there all the time. One thing that may have changed since I lived there though is that legal marijuana shops have almost the same zoning regulations that strip clubs do, so maybe that ups the seediness aspect, but I don't really think that would lead to a knife fight? That should be one of the chillest areas of town now.
  • rattdog
    4 years ago
    he still might be a fave tampa ray fans. good ballplayer. has good power, steals bases, and he hustles.
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    Bad luck. Kind of a strange way to get stabbed, plus it was a slash wound in the back. At least he made it.
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    It’s good he’s recovering, and he wasn’t seriously injured in the stabbing. It wasn’t a 2am-er as it was around 10:30 - which is fairly early for a strip club incident. He may have been in the wrong place - at the wrong time.
  • mike710
    4 years ago
    I had no idea they were open under the current local Covid rules. I guess they are closed now. [view link]
  • mike710
    4 years ago
    Ran into an someone who works at Pacers yesterday. Was told the club is still open with stage dancing but no lap dances. So I guess if you want some titties with your sports and beer, this place is still an option.
  • JamesSD
    4 years ago
    It's a quarter mile away from a Target. The area is arguably gentrifying. It's a topless only club that serves beer and food and actually has a patio. Not remotely seedy during the day and pretty safe at night We get the occasional stabbings late night in Pacific Beach which is our night club district for young people.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion