Dancer profiles are now available! Free VIP for dancers, apply now. More info

Advertisement
Front Room

Tips During COVID

SneakySecret2

Probably in the VIP

5 yrs ago · 1 min read

For those clubs that are open, I’m curious, do you find yourself tipping more during COVID than before? Or less?

I imagine dancers appreciate extra tips during these hard times. Curious how this relates to negotiations in the VIP too.

Replies (16)Latest

Profile picture for winex
winex
•

Can you give me more than that?

In recent weeks you told me that I was fresh off the boat. And here I was thinking that I was an American all my life.

Also,mehich dancer profiles am I using?

Profile picture for winex
winex
•

How bizarre! This post cross posted from another thread.

W
wallanon
•

It did seem a little out of place lol

Profile picture for SneakySecret2
SneakySecret2
•

Haha no worries, I was wondering what you meant lol.

W
wallanon
•

I've been tipping a little more where business is slow, but as crowds have gotten a little closer to normal in some clubs I've gotten back to my normal range.

Profile picture for MackTruck
MackTruck
•

Tip for Covid, don't swim in lumpy water

Profile picture for Cookiesandcream
Cookiesandcream
•

Tipping because of covid?

You can if you completely forget the overcharge in everything.

Might be the only time you will have a better deal

Profile picture for Jascoi
Jascoi
•

it’s hard to pay a covid $20 cover (at one of my favorite LA clubs) when all the times before they honored the free pass...

Profile picture for mike710
mike710
•

I tip the people I knew before covid very well. For example, I tipped a bartender at the airport $20 on a tab that was less than that. Why? Because he had a kid at the beginning of the year and I had not seen him since. My bill was 1/3 less than the same order I had placed with a similar bartender earlier in the week. My friendly bartender has always taken care of me so I take care of him.

People in the hospitality industry are hurting. I have always looked at individuals rather than the business as far as tipping. These workers getting limited shifts have no control over surcharges.

Profile picture for doctorevil
doctorevil
•

I tip much better now for all customary “tipped” service workers everywhere I go. I used to tip 20% routinely, now it’s more like 30% or higher, sometimes much higher. I don’t routinely tip dancers on top of the dance price. There is another thread on this subject.

Profile picture for NAAAASTY
NAAAASTY
•

Tipping more and going more frequently than pre-covid. Most going to my dancers vs staff.

NAAAASTY

Profile picture for skibum609
skibum609
•

I tip the CR guy and waitresses/bartenders more.

W
wallanon
•

"You can if you completely forget the overcharge in everything."

This is something that separates strip clubs from other businesses. I don't go to regular night clubs, so don't know if they've jacked up prices and forced extra fees on customers. The question was about tips in strip clubs. Without getting into how I tip at other businesses, every local strip club is charging more. The local club I would go to regularly post clubocalypse forces food purchases and can't keep a stable lineup.

If the experience balances out what I'm spending, good to go. But if it's like some ultra desperate speed dating where I'm having to tell a different batch of girls no every time, all while trying to see if there's someone I'd like to actually meet and absorbing a food tax just to have a drink in front of me, that's a run on sentence and more trouble than it's worth. To me tipping is a cost of doing business. If I'm not interested in doing business, then tips are going to take a hit because I'm not spending like I normally do across the board.

Profile picture for mark94
mark94
•

I just read about something called the Hot Waitress Economic Index. If there are a lot of hot waitresses, it’s a sign that the economy is struggling. When the economy is strong, hot women don’t need to waitress.

W
wallanon
•

Is that from the same guy who did the hot/crazy matrix?

Profile picture for ancientlurker
ancientlurker
•

Less, because they are no-contact now. No slipping the cash in the garter while copping a feel, instead drop it in this pitcher/box/pot/whatever.

Join the conversation

Sign in to reply to this discussion.

Advertisement