Save the DJs.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
When was the last time your ever heard a vinyl record? I don't even know hat we call them disc Jockeys. There are no discs. But wait things may be changing.

Vinyl comeback: Sony to produce records again after 28-year break.
https://money.cnn.com/2017/06/30/news/so….

9 comments

• rattdog
    4 years ago
    ehh. vinyl is just a fad that comes up in popularity every 3-4 years spearheaded by hipster dipshits.

i remember buying led zeppelin 2 during high school. the record is brand new and colored black. after hundreds of playbacks, over time the record turned into this ash color and each play would exhibit gradual diminished sound quality.

• Icey
    4 years ago
    Before covid 19 on Sundays i used to go to a bar where did spun records
  • clubdude
    4 years ago
    Was at a Walmart (of all places), yesterday and surprisingly had an entire section of vinyl records.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    I am holding out for the return of 8 track tapes.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    It's a cool hobby but will never be more than that again. I remember back in the 70's and early 80's when radio station DJs still used vinyl records. Even in the hands of professionals they would become damaged/scratched and start skipping. Occasionally, late-night DJs would apparently be in the studio alone, and if he had to take a shit he'd put on a really long song like In A Gadda Da Vida. I remember once hearing a record skip for a good 10 minutes before he fixed it. Lol.
    However, if you have old vinyl records in good condition, some of them are worth serious money. I read someplace that an original pressing of Led Zeppelin's first album can easily sell for $1,000 if it's not damaged or scratched.
  • rattdog
    4 years ago
    interesting.....

maybe, just maybe, i can barter for some ass from SA. how about 3 records for a blowjob? physical graffitti and the saturday night fever soundtrack are each 2 record sets. does that equate to 1 blowjob and 1 handjob, or 1 blowjob and a fart right onto the face?
  • winex
    4 years ago
    The Saturday Night Fever soundtrack has negative value.

Death before Disco!
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I like Disco and liked that soundtrack
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Can't say I've ever cared for DJs - at best I'm indifferent about them - probably 10% of them I enjoy and 3/4 of them I find only have the talent of being arrogant and/or unfunny
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion