tuscl

OT: ORANGE JUICE

rattdog
New York
the wavy dude on another thread mentioned tropicana and minute maid.

orange juice.

for the past 2-3 years i didn't touch any orange juice. just got tired of drinking it. tropicana, simply orange and freshly squeezed were my faves.

about a week ago at a newstand/deli store. i'm not in the mood for water. so i reach for a quart of tropicana pasteurized. take it home, shake it real well, open it up and took a chug. reaction: this tastes like shit!!!! tastes like really diluted minute maid.

question: did tropicana tweak their orange juice process? what i recently experienced was not even remotely close to what i used to drink by them years back.

17 comments

• WavvyCain
    4 years ago
    Nigga I don’t drink that shit solo I mix it with my LEAN! Well only the peach one but I agree the orange juice taste off. The Oj used to be so refreshing, now that shit taste like ass.
  • rattdog
    4 years ago
    cool man. i thought my senses were fucking with me and shit. things sure do change in 2-3 years.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Lately I've been buying "Simply Orange" - before I'd buy "Florida's Natural", or "Tropicana HomeStyle" which tasted good upon opening but would lose the taste after opening - have never been into Minute-Maid - I never buy the "From Concentrate" variety, they taste too watered-down.
  • ime
    4 years ago
    Never liked orange juice of any kind, except one time I had some from a small orange orchard independent place in some tiny Florida town. Just a tiny bit of pulp and less acidic tasting then any other OJ I had ever had. Same with their grapefruit juice.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I never drink OJ by itself - always when I'm eating something (breakfast, sandwich, etc).
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Trop 50.
  • datinman
    4 years ago
    Tropicana Pure Premium Low Acid, (usually diluted with vodka and Galliano)
  • Uprightcitizen
    4 years ago
    Oh lord another Juice thread
  • shailynn
    4 years ago
    "i thought my senses were fucking with me"

you sure you didn't catch COVID from RickDugan and lost your sense of taste?
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    Simply Orange has been fine for me, but I find myself mixing it with either soda (Gingerale or Sprite) or liquor 99% of the time. I enjoy bottomless mimosas at select brunch restaurants too.

Can't remember the last time I had orange juice by itself.
  • rattdog
    4 years ago
    "you sure you didn't catch COVID from RickDugan and lost your sense of taste?"

lol - nice

i guess i could have become anal retentive and lost my sense of humor.
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    Ised to love it as kid even thinking it was really healthy for you but I cut out sugary drinks awhile back and I can’t even remember the last time I had OJ
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    Get the cold pressed organic orange juice
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    I still enjoy Tropicana OJ. They’ve added some other types of Tropicana - with less sugar, and some add more vitamins. I still enjoy Tropicana Pure Premium.

But I will buy Kirkland organic OJ when I go to Costco - as I think it tastes better.
  • pistola
    4 years ago
    The only time I drink OJ is when I get an Egg McMuffin from Mickey Ds. Somehow, that pasteurized drink goes good with the McMuffin. And yeah just wanted to give a shout out to the glorious Egg McMuffin on a stripper website lol.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I rarely eat at McDonald's - but at times when I've ordered an OJ it's dispensed from a soda-machine and it doesn't taste too good (pretty-watered-down)
  • pistola
    4 years ago
    ^I agree, the OJ at McD not that good, for some reason it just goes with the McMuffin tho. Maybe it’s a nostalgia thing. 🤷🏻
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion