tuscl

South Florida

Scotthall
Florida
Tuesday, September 8, 2020 11:14 AM
When are you going to open? Haha!!! Tampa, Cocoa Beach, Jacksonville seem to be back to almost normal but still waiting on the news of South Florida. Papa helps us out.

12 comments

• Warrior15
    4 years ago
    I have no knowledge of when a decision is going to happen. But I would not be surprised to see it happen in the next couple of weeks. The Governor has gone on record as saying he wants to get bars open in some capacity soon. And the Covid numbers in the Miami area have dropped tremendously in the past few weeks. I'm going to Miami this weekend myself. Staying at the Fontainbleau. Got a fantastic deal on a condo there for 4 nights. All the restaurants in the area are now open, but have to be at 50% max occupancy.
  • Dolfan
    4 years ago
    Right now, the plan for at least Palm Beach County is sometime after November 2. It's a 5 step plan. [view link] Step 1 is Movies/Bowling alley's, other indoor entertainment open with reduced capacity. Also some updates to capacities on already open stuff. Date: 9/8 Step 2 is Schools, no date set. Step 3 is higher risk indoor entertainment, comedy clubs & concert houses, shit like that. Reduced capacity still. Date: 10/19. Step 4 just bumps up limits on stuff, like from 50% to 75% capacity, that sort of thing. Date: 11/2. Step 5 bumps up restrictions again, but isn't specific as to how much. It also allows for opening bars, night clubs, strip clubs, etc with restrictions that aren't detailed out yet. There also isn't a date. The dates are all subject to change of course. And Broward (Pompano) and Dade (Miami) haven't said anything. Just a guess, but it wouldn't surprise me if they put together similar plans with dates for Broward a bit behind Palm Beach and Dade a bit behind that. Of course, Dade could just say fuck it and open back up before snowbird season starts in November.
  • Scotthall
    4 years ago
    Great feedback guys. Appreciate the info and heads up. Thank you!
  • IHearVoices
    4 years ago
    Miami-Dade Mayor Carlos Gimenez just said that nightclubs and bars might not be able to open until there's a vaccine. He also said, though, that SCs will likely be able to open earlier. No dates were given.
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    I'd give you a down vote, but I know you are just the messenger. Cases are about one tenth of what they were 2 months ago. It's a shame they are being so conservative on opening up.
  • hamster80
    4 years ago
    This conservative timeline scares me LOL. I have a Ft. Lauderdale trip mostly paid for Oct 23 and I was really thinking and hoping all my favorite clubs would be open! Cheetah Pompano, Diamond Dolls, and Cheetah Hallendale. Haven't seen my South Florida favorites in almost a year !!!
    4 years ago
    Odds on pompano being open in January?
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    ^ I'd say 50/50 at best
    4 years ago
    @25. If you're right ill be relegated to SA for the week..... or else BYO with an OTC fav.
  • minnow
    4 years ago
    Scotty- SoFL clubs won't open unless you promise to break your 7 year dry spell on reviews, and that your next reviewed club will be a SoFL club.
  • Dolfan
    4 years ago
    I'd guess chances of Pompano clubs being open on New Years is slim, less than 25% but chances of them being open by end of the month are pretty high, better than 75%. Of course I'm mostly pulling those odds directly out of my ass. But, it does feel like they should be ready to open around xmas time so I'm thinking they'll end up waiting a week or two after new years to see if there is a spike from NYE, as long as it isn't too bad I'd think they'd open up mid Jan.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    It’s funny you say that @Dolfan I agree with you , strange thing is I got a phone call from an owner of one of my go to clubs the other day, asking me if I thought he should reopen, I told him that I don’t have a good answer then he asked me about whether I would come in if he reopened now, I told him the truth that I don’t think I would, his response to that was I didn’t think you would I wouldn’t. Bottom line he’s not going to open this month and likely not October or November either. December he’s reserving judgment and he’ll make a decision closer to then
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion