tuscl

OT (On Topic): Mask Survey

minnow
Any place that interests me.
As of this writing, there are several (many?) places that require the wearing of a mask when inside buildings. My question is directed towards those who have visited a club in such places. I've read several reviews that mention the requirement to have mask on upon entry.
QUESTION: Once inside, how rigorously is mask usage enforced ? (Obvious exceptions for beverage or food consumption). Is mask wearing loosely or strictly enforced "on the floor" (open part of club) for customers and "staff" alike ? Just some of staff, as in wait/bar staff wears masks, but dancers don't ?
"In The Back" (VIP, or otherwise separate, at least semi private dance area), do the masks come off? Or does it vary by dancer comfort zone?
My only personal reference frame has been video feeds from a certain club. It appears that mask usage by dancers is adhered to on stage, and pretty much followed while in dressing room. In the later, social distancing is reasonably followed, as is (apparently) club seating. However, some patrons sit by stage and/or get in close proximity of dancers when proffering tips. The unknown piece of the puzzle is how private dances are conducted.
I'm not sure I'd be willing to lay out serious coin if I have to wear mask during dance, or having dancer wear mask. Airdances need no explanation. Your experiences ?

5 comments

• skibum609
    4 years ago
    Club Omaha was annoying about the masks asking that you put them back up between sips/gulps. All dancers wore them in the private area; I did not. My regular club doesn't require me to wear a mask, but I bring one in case Gov't shows up. No one wears a mask in the dance area, unless they want to. In fact, except for no stage dancing and fewer customers its pretty much the same as March.
  • RockAllNight
    4 years ago
    I’ve been in two clubs in Louisiana and four in Alabama since July.

Virtually no masks anywhere. Certainly no requirement to wear. One club in Huntsville, AL had a tongue-in-cheek sign that said to remove your mask at the door and to keep it off while inside so that they could recognize you on the video cameras.
  • Retired
    4 years ago
    In Oregon there is a mask requirement if indoors. My club experience depends on the club. Recently, I visited two clubs, one was strictly enforced and the other, no one had a mask on except one customer.
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    Been in 3 clubs post-covid. All enforced masks while on the floor except when you are eating or drinking something. If the dance was done in the open area, the masks stayed on. But in two of the clubs, I went to the back. On both occassions, the masks ( and other things ) came off.
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    In my club at the moment, mask wearing is required for both parties when walking around the room and during dances. If the mask even slips under the nose, a bouncer will be around to correct that. Contact rules are the same as before, and no six foot rule or anything like that.

It’s alright for customers to have it off at a table. Dancers have to always wear one unless actively eating/drinking.

It’s strict, but the health department has been breathing down a bunch of club necks and several clubs in the metro area out here are closed.

From what I’ve heard secondhand, one of the dive clubs have kinda stopped caring and only somewhat enforce mask rules. Despite that they were shut down for a month after the clubs in general were allowed back open. But then again, that club doesn’t really care about a lot of things.

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion