tuscl

These smaller areas that dislike the nearby larger areas

There are two clubs in particular that I am thinking of that is like this...

I’ve been getting a kick out of some of these attitudes lately at my home club recently.

For context, lately I’ve been at a cheers bar club that is part of the Denver metro area but away from a lot of stuff. But it’s a lot more spacious and friendly up here, and according to an Allstate report in 2019, Thornton is the 30th safest driving city while Denver is 83rd. Huge difference for two areas that are only like 15 miles away.

I initially found out about this club for the same reason nearly any other dancer has found out about it: it’s the club anyone with an out-of-state license is going to default to. The “natives” who hang out here, however, don’t ever really have any problems with travelers and will proudly talk about how much they love their club online. One reason I suspect is just that it’s so regulars-centric, and once you’re “set” here it doesn’t matter how many other girls are in the room if you have your customers to focus on, so it’s hardly ever bitchy here.

I personally like that it’s the travel default club, and I hear a lot of gossip and random tidbits about places in other regions because of that. It will be nice being able to get a few pointers of places to try in the future...whenever the heck that is. And I’ve never heard one negative comment about outsiders from any dancer.

But recently two clubs in south Denver have been shut down, and a bunch of dancers have been migrating up here. And THAT is where I am hearing the negativity. I remember talking to this one dancer that hopefully the other clubs open back up soon so that management is less on edge with enforcing certain mask rules. One other dancer rolled her eyes and said she hopes the clubs open back up so that the dancers can gtfo.

The second club I’m thinking about is in the twin cities. Once again another region that is notorious for its dislike of travel dancers. And any dancer who is visiting from elsewhere is going to default over to a club in Inver Grove Heights, a suburb of St Paul. Where they have no problems with what state is on your drivers license.

I remember getting a giant kick out of the contempt dancers, customers, and staff members all had of downtown Minneapolis, where most of the clubs are concentrated. As far as everyone was concerned, downtown Minneapolis was a wild free-for-all brothel. If you live out there, I get the impression you have to choose between that club vs downtown because if anybody figures out you work downtown, you might be asked to leave.

The longer I stayed there, the dancers went from friendly towards me to even friendlier. It’s a very “family-like” club. It’s the kind of place a girl will literally collect her state tips after a set, dump it in a pile nearby her stuff on the table in the dressing room, leave it openly sitting there, and run back out on the floor to go do dances.

No idea why. If they judged and disliked downtown Minneapolis for being a brothel, I couldn’t understand the warm attitude towards me, when I openly said I was from Texas. Texas is absolutely ridden with extras all over the state. Some girls don’t even have the discretion to take it to the VIP areas. 😅

I like both clubs I’ve mentioned. But no denying the strangeness I don’t understand.

Anyone else know of areas with that kind of attitude? Where it’s all warm and “yeah outsiders are cool...except for these fuckers down the road”

14 comments

• mikeym
    4 years ago
    Clearwater, Florida: $10 admission, $5 beer, topless only but high mileage dances, fun and low pressure vibe.

Tampa, Florida: $20 admission, $5 water (no alcohol served), nude but lower mileage dances and high pressure sales tactics and emphasis on make it rain and tip everyone in club.
  • whodey
    4 years ago
    I heard complaints from dancers at a small club in New Albany Indiana about the clubs right across the river in Louisville Kentucky being nothing but "brothels pretending to be strip clubs." Odd thing is I would hear the same thing from the dancers at the big club in downtown Louisville about how they were "entertainers and not hookers like those clubs" when I would mention that I usually go to the clubs just outside the Louisville city limits in Shively Kentucky. That's a lot of hate between dancers from 3 towns that are all less than 10 minutes apart.

On the plus side now I know that if I choose to go to my nephew's wedding in Minnesota later this year that it won't be all bad since I learned that "downtown Minneapolis was a wild free-for-all brothel." I'm just not sure that is worth going to Minnesota in mid-December.
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    I always hear girls talk about "they ho's in THAT club" but I never heard of it getting so regional. Mostly the suburbs vs city stuff is the suburbs girls don't feel like making the pain in the ass commute. (I completely understand that) But then they also get all butt hurt when they don't see Manhattan money working in Long Island.
  • blahblahblah23
    4 years ago
    I think with the Twin Cities it is that the suburb club sounds like it is 1 way touch all over including private rooms? (But I never worked there so idk) but in downtown Minneapolis there is definitely 2 way touching in the private rooms. I think there are extras, but they aren't common afaik and would be rather expensive lmfao considering how easy it is to get people there to agree to 400/half hr and 600/hr... ime
  • Huntsman
    4 years ago
    Despite the narrative to the contrary, I think smaller places tend to be more open and friendly and less insular.
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    This is a huge generalization. Isn’t this the same shit we see on SW? Dancers trashing other dancers - saying they would never do certain things - but those hoes across the river are just hoes who don’t even dance.

It’s probably the suburbs saying the city is filthy - and the city saying the suburbs are backwards and don’t have any teeth...
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    I had a similar experience within my first year in Daytona Beach with two different clubs. As a monger, I loved both clubs. As a dancer, there was obviously some mutual dislike between the two with both the girls and management.

First club was Diamond Dolls on Madison Avenue. That became my favorite club in the area to work for a couple years that followed. The neighborhood that it was in was extremely shady. The homeless, dope dealers, and street walkers along with their pimps were all doing their business in the plain sight outside the club. The management would get extremely territorial over their top girls, and if they found out they danced at any of the clubs on the beachside of town while also dancing at DD, they would get berated to fuck. They didn't care what the low hustle or least attractive girls did while not on shift - only the best girls. Thankfully, with me coming from out of town, I wasn't in Daytona long enough for them to "track me" so to speak.

Then at some point, I was invited to dance at Molly Browns. Over by the beaches, well populated and diverse, no where near as many scary characters hanging around in the open. Complete coin flip in scenery. The club itself was gorgeous and management was laid back. The dancer that referred me introduced me to the manager and said she "rescued me" from Diamond Dolls, and he laughed and said I owed her my life. Then I meet the DJ and he asked me where I danced before and I told him DDs. He just looked at me and said "don't tell the other girls that right away, okay?" I just shrug it off and get to work.

But somehow word manage to get to the girls anyway that I used to work there, and the conversation felt extremely passive aggressive in the locker room. "It's a good thing you came here! That club is a trap house. Not a single girl in there that DOESN'T suck or fuck for chump change or a bump of coke!" Even though I remained friendly when I was spoken to, it was obvious that the majority of the girls (save for a handful along with the girl that asked me to come dance there) were NOT happy I was there. It was probably the only club I've worked at where I felt quietly unwelcomed from the start. That by itself wasn't a big deal, but making money there was stupidly hard. I lasted there 3 days tops, said fuck it, and went back to DD.
    I shared my terrible experience with the DD girls and all of them vouched in to say that Molly's is prejudice as fuck to any clubs outside the beach area - especially DD.
    Those were good times.
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    @mikey Yeah it seems line a lot of dancers like Clearwater. I wanted to try it out too but I didn’t give myself enough time with being rather spastic about going back and fourth to different areas. One day tho...
    Does that mean you’re not too fond of the clubs on Adamo? I’m sure I can check your reviews for the answer but eeh not right now.

@whodey nice story. That def seems like interesting beef there. 😅 as far as downtown clubs, I am doubtful it’s just as wild as was said. There’s also apparently a Madison at Downtown Cabaret who gives airdances in VIP.

@eve Holy hell, I didn’t realize club politics were like that out there. Like you, I tried out Molly Browns and only lasted three shifts. Liked the club facilities and staff but wow worst customers of ANYWHERE. The part that pisses me off was the deadweight customers don’t even have the decent to sit at one of the many tables against the wall. Nope, they sit their butts at stage and don’t do anything. Wish the club would enforce a $2/song policy for something because that’s just infuriating. And I don’t get the impression it’s too clean either because when customers pitch OTC they are *very* confident in how they ask.

From the sounds of it, Diamond Dolls is at least somewhat less shitty? That is some weird snobbery there
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    @Muddy My guess is that area is too large and crowded for random stuff like regional dislikes to become really a thing? Just a guess

@blah yeah just based on the reviews on this site, I don’t really believe it either. And in the rooms there is contact but no tits and ass touching. And don’t put anything in the customer’s face either.

@cash possibly? Not sure. But girls from any other big area aren’t really judged.
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    @huntsman Perhaps. Idk I feel like if there’s a bell curve of friendliness and openness, cities tend to fall into the middle and smaller areas deviate more on either end?
  • crsm27
    4 years ago
    Please make your home club in MN... would be closer so I can visit u. ;)

I never knew downtown MSP was a "brothel" everytime I was there no extras at all. The club you mentioned does have a "home" vibe even for the client/customer. Laid back attitudes and always friendly.
  • blahblahblah23
    4 years ago
    Thinking about it hmm... I tried some Portland dive and they seemed to trash Gold Club in Milwaukie and said it was a whore house. I only lasted at Gold Club 90 minutes before walking out as there were 20+ girls and only 4-5 customers on a fucking Saturday which frankly I've never seen anywhere else before. No idea if it is extras or not as I didn't even talk to a single customer.
  • FishHawk
    4 years ago
    In my hometown, there are only smallish clubs, one that is downtown, Sammy’s is the most upscale and strictly an air dance club. Pretty girls though. One across town, Cheetahs I have not been to but is close to the military bases and I am sure is full of sailers on liberty. the three on the North side of town are in a small cluster, two literally across the road from each other. Most dancers that I have talked to and are local have worked at several of them. There doesn’t seem to be much catty talk about girls at the other clubs. There doesn’t seem to be extras available in any case.
  • Nidan111
    4 years ago
    I read all these comments. I have nothing to add other than .... damn, i need to check out Minneapolis, Louisville, and all of Texas.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion