tuscl

Found this interesting!

Musterd21
Indiana
The religious etiquettes of Islam specify that removal of pubic hair should be initiated at menarche, and done at least once every 40 days [13, 20]. ... Interestingly, religion (Islam) was given as a reason for pubic hair removal among 5.5% of participants.Oct 22, 2018

16 comments

• Nidan111
    4 years ago
    Religion is just one fucked up ideology. ALL OF THEN.
  • Dave_Anderson
    4 years ago
    Religion isn't an "ideology." Its a necessary part of what makes us human. Without the faith traditions or at least some sort of spirituality we are nothing more than animals.

That said, as someone who has not been a fan of the trend of pubic hair removal that has emerged in the west since the late 1990s I have pointed out the connection with Islam in the practice, particurlarly with people who supported the War on Terror during the 2000's and took strong anti-Islamic stances yet also like hairless kitties on women.

I personally am not "anti-Islam" and opposed the Middle East Wars since the first Iraq War, except for the initial response to 9/11 which we had to do. That said, there are practices in Islam that I don't like same as in all the major religions or anything else that exists in life. Everything is flawed in some ways.

The majority of people in western countries are not Islamic. Adopting Islamic practices makes no cultural or historical sense in traditionally Christian majority countries for non-Muslims, which includes removal of pubic hair.

I hope to live long enough to see pubic hair make a comeback in western societies. Its part of our heritage and its sad that it has gone.
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    The Renaissance came about when the Crusaders brought back Greek and Roman ideals that were lost in the christian world but preserved in the Islamic world. The whole east west divide is a false dichotomy.

I love shaved pussy. But I'm noticing a trend of girls keeping bushes thinking it proves theyre loyal to you
  • georgmicrodong
    4 years ago
    It might not be true of *all* religions, but the Abrahamic ones are pure poison. Misogyny, racism, xenophobia, subjugation seem to be a staple of all three. Any redeeming features they have seem to be ignored by the vast majority of their followers.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    To me, the most interesting thing is the number 40. It appears throughout the Bible.

But it’s not a coincidence.

In Farsi (the language spoken in Iran), the word for “40” is the same as the word for “many”.
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    No it isn't lulz
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    Farsi balad hasti?
  • winex
    4 years ago
    IceyLoco - when I want some lip from you, you’ll know. I will tug on my zipper.
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    This shit is fucked up. I have no idea why a religion should specify anything about pubic hair. Is there a specification regarding men and beards as well?
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    Islam forbids men from shaving their beards, but encourages the shaving of pubic hair. Okay. What about armpit hair?
  • Musterd21
    4 years ago
    ^gamm. If you have no hair under your arm what holds on the deodorant???
  • Goodclubrep
    4 years ago
    Brothel workers in Bombay were shaving in the mid '70's. When asked one said it was for the Arab customers. Not making a judgement, that's what she said.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Pubic hair on women is icky. Having said that Icky is way better than fucking islam. Sequels always suck and the more sequels you have the more they suck. Judaism, then Christianity which can be looked at negatively (Ted 2), or positively (the Godfather Part 2), but Islam is the Godfather part 3, which sucked in every way.
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    My first experience with shaved was in 1961. I was 19 and dating a 17 yo that was a dancer...Ballet and Chorus Line. She warned me ahead of time so that I wouldn't be shocked.
  • Goodclubrep
    4 years ago
    Shadow
    I get that, probably only dancers and other performers shaved in those days. I'm not quite your age but I can go either way as long as everything's tidy, so its not a deal breaker. Also, it's what we started with so it's not grose or anything to see it.
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    Wines I respect your lifestyle choice but I don't suck dicks like you do.

And its not just Islam. Shaving yhe pubes and armpits is common among Sephardic Jews. And the Torah prohibits shaving yhe beard or hair with a razor
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion