tuscl

Trader Joe’s says they are keeping their brands

pistola
Keepin' it 💯
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/tra…

Considering trendy hipster activists love this place, I see no slowdown in people continuing to grocery shop at TJs. Good for them. Maybe I’ll go out of my way to support them more.

20 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I think people and corps are starting to catch on that this cancel-BS is mostly BS and it's just a vocal minority super-amplified via social-media - often times it's SJW high school kids w/ a lot of times on their hands starting these social-media cancel-campaigns since they live their lives online.
  • TheElmerFudd
    4 years ago
    The brand names were silly. The petition to change them is even sillier.
  • PredragDr
    4 years ago
    The petition to change the names was as bad as their produce. I think Trader Joe's leads chain grocers in produce recalls. My local ones are a pain to get into now with strict occupancy rules, so another reason I have not been to one since before the pandemic.
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    So cultural insensitivity doesn't bother you but addressing it does
  • TheElmerFudd
    4 years ago
    Second the occupancy rules being a pain. They are the only store in my town where there's always a long line outside. I am amused by folks who choose to wait in long lines to go to TJ instead of another store.
  • crazyjoe
    4 years ago
    They have good black cherry juice
  • pistola
    4 years ago
    So cultural insensitivity doesn't bother you but addressing it does
    -
    Your tag line is culturally insensitive. Address it. Walk the walk big mouth.
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    Their pretzel bagels/sticks/hamburger buns are amazing. Maybe that's what the lines are for.
  • TheElmerFudd
    4 years ago
    I like their cookies personally.

The lines I saw were around the block long. I know they have a cult following but it's ridiculous.
  • ime
    4 years ago
    Changing for the outrage mob can only hurt your business, you will onIy lose existing customers, you never gain any, they just find something new to be outraged about.
  • TheElmerFudd
    4 years ago
    Yes it sounds like a business decision.
  • BBBC
    4 years ago
    Trader Joe sausage is the best. Forget the bacon.
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    It's good to see a company stand up against the mob mentality that's trying to force their thoughts on everyone. Hopefully more will say enough is enough and do the same.
  • JamesSD
    4 years ago
    I feel like a lot of actual latinos like Trader Jose's. And no german is offended by trader josef.
  • Dave_Anderson
    4 years ago
    I wish they had some ignored the bullshit petition and said nothing. In fact introducing a few new cute ethnic caricatures would have been the best middle finger to these morons. At least they didn't cave though.

My biggest fear is when the morons go after Disneyland. I have predicted for years them going after Its a Small World, the Tiki Room, and who knows what else. Basically anything that is harmless cute fun they have to attempt to destroy.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Socially insensitive. Every progressive is a three year old child.
  • Tiburon
    4 years ago
    I read the Article and I do understand the high school student's objective and concern. However it only proves without a stronger following AND still being in high school, noone will respect you. You gotta work up that respect before you start making demands of multimillion dollar companies.

I.e., good intentions, bad execution. Those petitions seem to never work anyway.
  • Tetradon
    4 years ago
    Never give in to bullies. Do it once, they'll come back for more. And they probably weren't customers in the first place.
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    Sometimes changing product names draws more attention to the old (potentially racially insensitive) name than just leaving the name the same.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    If the names were "so offensive", people would stop buying the products on their own.

This is all mostly young people often in High School and college that don't have much of a life except their online life and start these bogus campaigns thinking they are doing something important - it's mostly young-people that want their 15-minutes of feeling important - other times it's fringe-groups that pedal on race and have an ax-to-grind or an agenda related to bringing down the system part by part.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion