tuscl

OT: Amazon Just Put Tesla on Notice

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Sunday, July 26, 2020 10:43 AM

15 comments

• SanchoRG
    4 years ago
    Tesla stock price has already priced in global market domination so they sure better hope Amazon doesn't get far.
  • rick33
    4 years ago
    ya, I'll be first in line to buy a car assembled by folks on a 30 second timer with no bathroom breaks.. wggw..
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    my youngest daughter is now on her third tesla.
    first a used s.
    second a new three that she leased out and then sold.
    and now another s. brand new.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    needless to say she likes tesla.
  • SanchoRG
    4 years ago
    "ya, I'll be first in line to buy a car assembled by folks on a 30 second timer with no bathroom breaks.. wggw.."

Lol that's a brilliant line as both companies treat their workers like dogshit.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    welcome to reality.
  • TFP
    4 years ago
    We've been dreaming of self driving cars since the 80s. Yet here we are almost a half century later and still nowhere near to 'The Jetsons'.

And LOL with the part of the story that says Amazon wants to use the self driving cars to deliver it's packages. Sure, and Rosie the robot maid from the Jetsons will hop out of the car and take the package to the doorstep, right? Shit is comedy.
  • SanchoRG
    4 years ago
    Millennial tech dorks actually thing the truck driving industry is going to be gone by 2030. They are super optimistic.
  • TFP
    4 years ago
    @Sancho yeah we'll see. Folks in the past said all kinds of shit was gonna happen by now. Some did, some didn't.

I'll set a reminder on my calendar to check back for this post in ten years lol.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    You guys have some balls underestimating the dorks - you gonna learn the hardaway "if you can't beat'm join'm"
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    The dorks are gonna completely rule the world (Bezos, Zuckerberg, etc)
  • TFP
    4 years ago
    Those dorks already rule the world. Doesn't mean all the other dorks will be right about all their predictions. Jeff Bezos predicted his drones would be delivering small packages by 2018 back in 2013. 2 years later and has a single person on these forums received an Amazon parcel from a drone dropping out of the sky? I already know the answer is no, and won't be for a long while now. Sure, they made their 'first' drone delivery in some BS publicity stunt. But I know it'll be a long while until I'm able to select "drone drop off" under the delivery options.

Still, would say that's closer to reality than the entire trucking industry being run by machines in 10 years. That's just fucking ridiculous.
  • DeclineToState
    4 years ago
    @TFP:
    -> We've been dreaming of self driving cars since the 80s. Yet here we are almost a half century later and still nowhere near to 'The Jetsons’.
    -> Folks in the past said all kinds of shit was gonna happen by now. Some did, some didn't.

Haha, The Jetsons. Good one. His boy Elroy, Astro the dog, and “Jane, stop this crazy thing.”
    And so right about predictions not coming true...in the late 70s my dad would take me and my brothers to his barber, line us all up to get our hair cut. While waiting in the barber line I was reading the coffee table magazines, Motor Trend or Car and Driver, something like that. Cover article was that by late 80s all cars will get 80mpg. I thought oh that’s awesome just in time for me to be driving! It’s 40+ years since I read that and my SUV gets 21.5mpg
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    Pretty soon, the only jobs left will be engineering and repairing the robots. what happens when robots are designed to do that for themselves?
  • SanchoRG
    4 years ago
    I'll be long dead cause when a tech dork says 'pretty soon' i can bank on 100 years to go.

When is fusion coming again?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion