tuscl

OT: The new Ford Bronco

pistola
Keepin' it šŸ’Æ
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a33251ā€¦

What do yā€™all think? Looks pretty good to me, better looking version of a Jeep.

56 comments

• chattguy123
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    I'm excited, I totally want one, but will wait and see if any issues arise first.
  • elmer
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    I was going to post the same thing about the bronco. That is one Kick-Ass looking vehicle.

I sent my $100 yesterday and receive confirmation for the opportunity to pre-order this fall the one of first 3500 to be build in 202.
  • elmer
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    YouTube has a number of videos
  • TheeOSU
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    I've never been a fan of Ford. I owned 1 Ford over the years, a Probe GT 25 years ago but that was actually a joint venture with Mazda. It was an OK car but I used to say it was my first and last Ford.
    Now having said that, there is a possibility I might buy another Ford someday and that new Bronco would definitely be at or near the top of the list. Cool vehicle.
  • misterorange
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    Looks like a good vehicle for recognizance and pursuit of fugitives. OJ wants one to help him find and capture the real killer.
  • mark94
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    Itā€™s really well designed. Lots of useful details. Starting price of $28,000 is great value. Their marketing plan is well executed. Jeep should be worried. The Bronco leaves the Wrangler in the dust.

That being said, I would never buy an American vehicle in its first model year.
  • pistola
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    I used to be wary of quality and durability of American vehicles about 10+ years ago, but at this point all the manufacturing is automated so all these cars today are fairly well-built. But I do agree that year 1 of any new series they will work out the kinks.
  • gammanu95
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    The reviews for the new bronco rave about all three models. I don't do enough off roading to justify the purchase, but fuck me if I don't want one.
  • Papi_Chulo
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    I'm not much of an outdoors guy - I prefer luxury and a smooth-ride thus the Bronco would not be something I'd spend my $ on
  • skibum609
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    OSU - I had a 1995 Probe GT; essentially a mazda even down to the oxygen sensors which coded as a mazda part. Not all first year models have issues, as my 2002 WRX and 2015 WRX had none.
  • ime
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    Pretty cool.
  • mark94
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    According to Consumer Reports, Japanese and Korean vehicles do fine in their first year. Historically, American vehicles have problems in year one.
  • Papi_Chulo
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    Toyotas used to be as solid as they came w.r.t. reliability - but I think they've fallen a bit behind in the last few years both in terms of reliability and keeping up with technology - to me it seems they started having issues after the Fukushima disaster - not saying this was the root-cause of Toyota's issues but ...
  • Uprightcitizen
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    Looks like Ford has got a hit with the new Bronco. It's got a very affordable price and looks pretty versatile. Jeep has got some serious competition.
  • mark94
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    The number of people pre-ordering the Bronco has been overwhelming. Fordā€™s Bronco website was down down for 18 hours because of the number of people trying to configure the vehicle.
  • mark94
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    For years, Toyota tried to squeeze cost from its vehicles by simplifying design, cutting down on number of parts, and sharing parts. That effort finally affected quality.
  • TheeOSU
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    Ski, my Probe GT was also a 1995. Yeah they had Mazda engines.
  • mark94
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    The full size Bronco is getting all the attention but I bet the Bronco Sport will be the volume leader. Itā€™s city friendly while having some off road chops.
  • shailynn
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    If you like the Bronco check out Land Rovers new Defender. Similar concept, much more money though...

Come to think of it, besides the Mustang itā€™s been awhile since Ford has had something really ā€œcoolā€ hasnā€™t it???
  • Uprightcitizen
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    @Shalyinn

Ford got it right with the redesign of the Navigator too. That's a pretty "cool" recent vehicle IMO. But yes, Ford needs this new image.
  • TheeOSU
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    The Navigator is just a bit fancier Expedition and both are just bigger Explorers! Real cool Lol
  • PredragDr
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    It's ok. I am more interested in the 2022 Tesla Cybertruck.
  • misterorange
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    My mom had a 2005 Toyota Avalon. She drove the car until 2016 when she died. It had 70,000 miles on it. I gave the car to my son and he's still driving it today. It has about 150,000 miles now. Other than normal maintenance we've never put a dime into it. Beautiful car and well made. Don't know about more recent Toyota cars.
  • NJBalla
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    I agree wwith @pred If I was in the market for a new car it would be hard to not wait a year for more electric options . The electric hummer is supposed to look amazing

• Garfield84
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    I wanted one. But I have an xc90 Volvo. And my wife wonā€™t let me trade it in for the bronco.

I want a white one just to be like OJ. But unlike OJ, I like my women and trucks Black.
  • shadowcat
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    They're taking all the fun out of off road. Making it too easy. Back in the 70's my best friend and I drove the Baja 1000 from Ensenada MX to La Paz, Mx before they built the road in a stock '55VW converted dune buggy. Top speed was 55 but we got 50 mpg.
  • Jascoi
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    i just put a bronco sticker on my bad ass prius. who ha!
  • Jascoi
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    (or was that a ā€˜mustang sticker?) look pretty much the same...
  • Trish_Club_Lust
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    I love Donkey Dicks!!! Are Bronco Dicks just as big?
  • Warrior15
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    When I think of a Ford Bronco, I think of a white one driving down a California highway being filmed by news reporters. Some of you are too young to remember the OJ reference.
  • skibum609
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    OSU - what color? I am manly so my was "teal" lol.
  • TheeOSU
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    Lol, I recall seeing them in that teal color. Mine was the dark metallic blue, i think the designation was electric blue.
  • skibum609
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    Mine never had a chance to be a car I liked because my boss at the time was going to florida for three months. When the air conditioning unit in my Daytona Shelby crapped out the day be fore he left, he felt bad for me and loaned me his car for 3 months - Mercedes Turbo Diesel - top of the line. So after 3 months of driving it, I bought the Probe, which felt like a tin can and never warmed up to it. Girls of course loved the Teal and of course I was married, so who cared lol.
  • shadowcat
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    My 50 yo daughter was visiting me today and highly suggested that I should buy a new 4 door Bronco because of the way they look and that it would probably lower my auto insurance rate. I presently drive a 2018 Mustang GT with 460hp. it only has 18K miles on it and is fully paid for.
    I countered that it would be a waste of money since at my age, 78, I don't plan to do any off road driving and that mu mustang would be more comfortable,

She countered that I don't need 460hp because I don't race it and that I would get a good trade allowance on it.

She didn't sell me on the idea. Which would you prefer to drive?
  • Muddy
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    That is a sexy truck
  • GoVikings
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    "When I think of a Ford Bronco, I think of a white one driving down a California highway being filmed by news reporters. Some of you are too young to remember the OJ reference."

Me and Marcus Allen went over to see Nicole
    When we heard a knock at the door, must of been Ron Gold
    Jumped behind the door, put the orgy on hold
    Killed 'em both and smeared blood in a white Bronco
  • skibum609
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    The next day I had a drunk driving trial with a black defendant and went jury waived before a very tough Jugde in order to avoid jury blow back after watching a 30 mph high speed chase.
  • mark94
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    I was on the same flight as Johnny Cochran the night before the verdict came in. Sat right in front of him. Just one of the Zelig moments in my life.
  • MackTruck
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    I got me a new bucking bronc0 and this is how I drive it...

https://youtu.be/VBfrJHs56cA
  • MackTruck
    ā€¢
    4 years ago
    I am going to use it for uber and drive da shit out of it
  • TheeOSU
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    Driving back home after out of town business earlier I pull on to the highway from a side road and a minute later a new Bronco passes me so I speed up a little to get a better look at it.
    First thought, it's about the size and similar look as a Honda Element with a slightly longer hood. I just figured it would be a bigger vehicle.
    I don't know the model options but this one said sport on the tailgate and once again element came to mind. I just figured it would be more rugged looking but maybe it was just a basic model.
    Final thought, it's OK but nothing special. I'd still consider one if I got a super duper deal on it but I know that won't be happening.
  • twentyfive
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    I checked it out itā€™s an impressive vehicle I was super interested in the new tight turn feature thatā€™s awesome
    But itā€™s pretty expensive if you get all the bells and whistles
  • TheeOSU
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    Have you seen any plain jane ones like the one I described?
  • twentyfive
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    ^ not yet but Iā€™m sure some of the dealers in flyover country will have them all snatched up
  • gammanu95
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    I saw one in the wild a week or so ago, and was impressed. It's a sharp looking vehicle, and is even beating the Jeep at their own game. Jeep actually had to release a new, limited edition trim just to snatch back the crown (spec-wise, anyway). Unfortunately, while I still do plenty of towing and hauling, Mrs. GammaNu is not into camping and off-roading. Her idea of roughing it is staying on the first floor of a Holiday Inn. Any of those 4x4 ORVs would be a waste of money for me.
  • PredragDr
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    It's one of the models with a horribly long delay. I know someone who had expected delivery this quarter and now being told Q2 2022.

LOL I see my old comment from last year about Tesla's Cybertruck. I did end up getting a Tesla this year, but obviously not a Cybertruck since most plebeians won't get their Cybertruck till probably 2023.
  • iknowbetter
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    I thought the photos looked great, but then when I saw the real deal in person I was a little underwhelmed. Looks a little small, and gives off ā€œBronco IIā€ vibes.
  • rickthelion
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    OSU-ape, you had a Probe? WTF?

You know they were designed by a guy who liked to be anally probed. As a rick I generally donā€™t judge others for their perversions, but that guy def though aliens were puttinā€™ big olā€™ hoopajoops up his keister. Hence the name oā€™ the car.

Donā€™t tell me you like the big olā€™ hoopajoops up your keister!

Also, skifredo is lying about ever owning a car. It is well established by now that he is homeless and using the WiFi of the Starbucks he lives behind.
  • rickthelion
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    Predrag-ape, donā€™t try to convince these idiots to get a Tesla. They think electric cars are for wussies and guys who like hoopajoops up their keisters.

They donā€™t see the potential of the autopilot. Reprogram that bad boy to emulate the movements of a drunk driver and you can have the fun of driving drunk without even touching the wheel.

Hell, Iā€™ve turned on the autopilotā€™s rick mode and gone for an exciting drive with a gimlet in one hand and a gin rickey in the other hand. It was a frickinā€™ overload of lime and apes bouncinā€™ off my frickinā€™ hood at ludicrous speeds. Good times...ROAR!!!
  • whodey
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    The "Broncos" like TheeOSU are describing aren't actually Broncos. They are Bronco Sports which is a completely different vehicle along the lines of the Bronco vs the Bronco II in the 90s or a Grand Cherokee vs a Cherokee around the same time.

The Bronco Sport is a front wheel drive unibody crossover while the Bronco is an old fashioned rear wheel drive body on frame suv.

https://images.app.goo.gl/ZNwA6RB5q9TF7yā€¦

• TheeOSU
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    ^
    I guess i could have looked it up instead of asking if there are different model options but that pretty much explains it. I was in a Home Depot today and as I was getting ready to drive away another Bronco pulled in 2 spots down from where I was parked. By the looks of it it was another sport model.
  • sideshow_bob
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    My overlanding buddies laugh at the Bronco, except for the top of the line offroad model that hasn't been released yet. It's all style.

They like Toyotas and Jeeps with the occasional Land Rover and Dodge.
  • whodey
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    TheeOSU any Bronco you have seen on the street is a Bronco Sport. They haven't started delivering the actual Broncos yet.

Sideshowbob your right the Bronco Sports that are on sale aren't a good vehicle to off-road as they are basically just a Ford Escape with a fancier body. They are just mall cruisers. On paper the actual Bronco looks like a valid competitor for Jeep but until real people get their hands on them to see what they can actually do we won't know if they are legit or just all style and basically a mall cruiser for the brodozer crowd.
  • BAngus
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    The "real" Broncos actually started delivering to retail customers last week.
  • TheeOSU
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    I saw another sport model in a Lowe's parking lot around 40 miles west of the area I saw the other two in so they are appearing all through my area.
  • TheeOSU
    ā€¢
    3 years ago
    And I just now saw another sport going down the road around 3 blocks from my house. They're getting to be a common sight now, Lol
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion