tuscl

Impressive numbers .....

skibum609
Massachusetts
....today's impressive number is: 741. In 1973 Pink Floyd created Dark Side of the moon, which was the best selling album on the billboard charts for a whole 1 week. Despite being on top for a mere 1 week, the album remained on the billboard charts for an astounding 741 weeks; a.k.a 14.25 years.

12 comments

• londonguy
    4 years ago
    Deservedly so, but I expect you knew I'd think that. Pure class.
  • Mate27
    4 years ago
    Why does Roger Waters continue to not support recognition for an Israel state? That amazes me, and wonder where his beef comes from. To me this signifies no class, at least on the surface.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    The amazing thing is that watching youtube a 2016 live version of "one of these days" was better than the live 1972 version. What brought them to mind was cleaning out an old dresser and finding a concert t-shirt from the 1977 animals tour; still my favorite live show of all time.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    I saw Pink Floyd do The Wall in London in 1980. A unique experience.
  • londonguy
    4 years ago
    Mark, we were at the same gig probably.
  • JamesSD
    4 years ago
    Dark side of the moon is an amazing album that continues to resonate with every young person who discovers it.
  • rattdog
    4 years ago
    u saw them in 1977 ski? must have been lots of firecrackers popping in the audience.
  • rattdog
    4 years ago
    i saw both water and pink floyd live during the late 80's. water's bleeding heart band blew away pink floyd by a mile.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Lotsa cops there at the show: my brother pre-rolled 8 joints and got them all taken away in a search while i walked in with a half ounce and a half pint of southern comfort. Still pisses him off.
  • Uprightcitizen
    4 years ago
    Pink Floyd were serious musicians who knew how to put on a performance with modern technology. have pretty much all the early and mid pink floyd albums all the way back to Syd Barrett days.
  • GoVikings
    4 years ago
    I saw Roger Waters live and it was a good show :)
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    Saw Floyd 3 times over the years, Pink not George.
    Second time was the dark Side of the Moon tour at Blossom Music Center an outdoor venue south of Cleveland. My then GF and myself spent the earlier part of the day watching the drag races at Norwalk Raceway then drove to Blossom without tickets.

We tried to find someone selling tickets outside the gate but no go. Then some guy approached and said people were jumping the 8 ft fence around the venue to get in so we did too. We sat on the grass on the hillside where many people were sitting on blankets overlooking the pavilion and a couple invited us to sit on their blanket. I had some rolled joints and we shared them with that couple. Great night, great memories!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion