tuscl

Officials Confirm 13 COVID-19 Cases Linked to Romulus Club, Restaurant

Sunday, July 5, 2020 11:51 AM
"ROMULUS (MDN)– On Sunday the Wayne County Public Health Division confirmed a total of 13 cases of COVID-19 are connected to the Playhouse Club in Romulus. Of these 13 cases, 12 are employees or patrons of the club and one confirmed case was an employee of a Checkers restaurant in Romulus. The county’s communicable disease team recently completed its case investigation and tracing for these confirmed cases. Those testing positive have been instructed to self-isolate for 14 days and until their next COVID-19 test shows no sign of the disease. “It is imperative all people who visited these two establishments during the exposure window call and cooperate with our communicable disease team so that we can understand the extent of the outbreak,” said Carol Austerberry, Wayne County Public Health Officer. “We understand that during this holiday weekend it is difficult to refrain from gathering with friends and family,” said Austerberry. “But if you must, please follow some simple precautions to limit the spread of COVID-19. Stay six-feet apart, avoid large gatherings, wash your hands with soap and water frequently, and stay home if you are not feeling well.” Anyone who visited or worked at the Playhouse Club between June 17 and July 1, or worked and visited the Romulus Checkers between June 27 and July 4, should contact the Wayne County Health Division at 734-727-7078." [view link]

33 comments

• FishHawk
    4 years ago
    That’s not good news at all. Let’s face it SCing is not a non contact activity. We need to be careful out there.
  • Uprightcitizen
    4 years ago
    I left that skanky little club years ago because of rude staff and ROB dancers and vowed never to come back. Sound like I haven't miss much (...other than Covid-19)
  • Meursault
    4 years ago
    13 people get the flu. Shut down the state.
  • wiffle shwaffle
    4 years ago
    ^it's not you idiot. Only south lower peninsula of Michigan. 😂
  • Meursault
    4 years ago
    ^ sick of idiots like you. Take a math class.
  • loper
    4 years ago
    ^ sick of idiots who "know better" than the experts.
  • jackslash
    4 years ago
    Covid-19 is not the worst disease you'll contract at the Playhouse.
  • WillMunny
    4 years ago
    Never been inside this club before, sounds like that was a good call. Still, I hope all affected are lucky enough to recover quickly with minimal health impacts. Hopefully the re-closure has come ahead of similar outbreaks at any other metro clubs.
  • anthony6613
    4 years ago
    As a high risk person, that’s why I won’t be going to strip clubs any time soon. And yes, COVID 19 is the worst disease you can catch at a club.
  • theDirkDiggler
    4 years ago
    I seriously don't know how you can avoid getting Covid-19 at a SC. Sooner or later, especially at a harder hit area or region, you're going to get it. A positivity rate of over 10% in daily tests and infections means that likely at least 1 out of 50 in the general public has it. But even those odds aren't equal as nationwide Latinos are on average over twice as likely to have it, with younger Latinos (mostly 20s and some 30s) twice as likely again. SCs are like some Swedish experiment of controlled and willing risk. Unless physical distancing and mask wearing is strictly followed, and the time indoors is limited, the risk is going to be high. People will say you have more risk at a grocery store because of the volume of people there, but there's no comparison. All it takes is one social butterfly of a dancer that's infected to infect 10-100 PLs by herself in one shift. And not just from dancing. Just talking at a table, often drinking and even eating with a PL. Since the number of PLs is more limited, the dancers will spend more time with each PL. A lot of SCs are using the same rules as restaurants where the PLs don't have to be masked while seated and that includes dancers that sit with them, which is stupid. That defeats the whole purpose of a mask rule (required by Illinois law). An infected PL can also infect every dancer that he talks his head off, wasting the dancer's time. He might infect 2-5 dancers in a visit, just this way, with or without getting a dance. You can see the math. Eventually, almost all the dancers and a lot of the PLs will get infected. The dancers will almost ALL be alright, but not all of the vulnerable people they hang out with including PLs...
  • Longball300
    4 years ago
    Do you know how many people roll thru that Checker's on any given night? (Including me after a night at the Playhouse; past tense) Then those same people hop on to an airplane at DTW for their trip. 6-7 nights at that Checker's is like hundreds if not thousands of peeps. Big Gretch specifically shut down the strip clubs; as I figured would happen. I knew things would not be open long: "Whitmer's order specifically closed dance and topless activities by suspending their permits."
  • xpando
    4 years ago
    I also used to regularly visit that Checker's post adventure when the Playhouse was my regular club (15ish YO). Their burgers are great and I don't know of another one in the Detroit area.
  • Longball300
    4 years ago
    @xpando - I'm with you man, VIP session at the Playhouse, stop for two Big Bufords or Cheese Champs, off to my no tell motel for a night's rest.......
  • warhawks
    4 years ago
    Unless something has changed, the Playhouse has always been dead, every time I was ever in the area. I mean, like, literally no customer cars in the parking lot. It’s never been packed like a Flight Club or any other club in the area, that I have ever seen. So if it had to happen at a club in the area, that would be the place to have the least number of people infected.... at least from my experience in the past at that particular club.
  • Longball300
    4 years ago
    @ warhawks - The Playhouse has always been very up and down over the years and my history goes back 20 years. I've had great, average and terrible times there like a lot of clubs. True that recently more bad than good.
  • Meursault
    4 years ago
    The Playhouse is no loss, but according to CDC data, the governor should be shutting down the state to prevent motor vehicle crashes and falls rather than COVID: [view link]
  • wiffle shwaffle
    4 years ago
    "^ sick of idiots like you. Take a math class." Meursault, it's statements like that that give away those of you who choose to pay for sex and those who have to in order to get laid. Clearly, with your lack of research and me correcting you, it's obvious you fall under the latter of the two. 😂
  • wiffle shwaffle
    4 years ago
    And with all of the nights I worked at Landing Strip, I never even knew there was a Checkers in Romulus. 🤷‍♀️
  • Meursault
    4 years ago
    ^ Wiffle, you're an idiot. You need to do some research and learn to do at least rudimentary statistical analysis. You've never corrected me, only deluded yourself. Since 93% of COVID deaths have 2.5 other comorbidities (CDC numbers not mine, so don't bother correcting) even someone as obviously stupid as you should realize that lockdowns for the healthy are foolish. On a side note, how stupid do you have to be to accuse someone of "having" to pay for sex based on the information that they are on the same website as you. I guess if you put a childish emoji at the end of your post it makes you think you said something insightful or witty.
  • wiffle shwaffle
    4 years ago
    Wowwwww. 🤦 You don't deserve my time to read all of that. Sorry you wasted your time in attempting to educate me. If you had simply re-read the second sentence in your first statement in this thread that says "Shut down the state", I was correcting YOU in stating which clubs were shut down. It's okay though, hunny. I understand that you have to condescend and be rude to women when they educate you because you have to pay for sex and you hate that. Shrimp like you deserve no more of my time. Toodles.
  • Meursault
    4 years ago
    Wowwww. So glad to waste your time loser. Those emojis really make you seem intelligent. You aren't educating anyone and it isn't condescending to use complete sentences. I realize, of course, that you weren't attempting to be condescending in anyway when you said that I have to pay for sex. You may think that being a woman gives you some special shield that allows you to talk shit, without having to get any back, but you're wrong. If you read this thread even someone with your limited intellectual capacity can see that it was you and not me that started the name calling.
  • Longball300
    4 years ago
    Ladies please, try to behave yourself.
  • Longball300
    4 years ago
    That Checkers has been my go to for many years after the clubs.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Men pay women to leave after sex, not for the sex.
  • BBBC
    4 years ago
    Meursault said "You may think that being a woman gives you some special shield that allows you to talk shit, without having to get any back, but you're wrong. If you read this thread even someone with your limited intellectual capacity can see that it was you and not me that started the name calling." ^ yes, this reminds me of the best joke ever!!! 99% of all women have had some intelligent DNA in them at one point. Most of them spit it out though. Those women are not worth it! Cum over to my place and I will play with your butt and we can help you not be so stopped up. Forget those gross women and their unintelligible dribble
  • BBBC
    4 years ago
    Meursault, I now induct you into the pink team! 😉
  • Mike Jason
    4 years ago
    Hello everyone, if you need a professional service for writing articles, essays, etc. I highly recommend you the best service [view link]
  • Longball300
    4 years ago
    Well, I concur with Mr. Sheen's comments but, I would say it better be for both.
  • jackslash
    4 years ago
    I didn't know how many people loved Checkers. Just so you know, there are at least a half a dozen of them in the vicinity of the Detroit Airport on Telegraph Rd, Inkster Rd, Middlebelt Rd, and so on.
  • Meursault
    4 years ago
    The only fast food I eat near DTW is Del Taco. I know it isn't good, but at this point it is a tradition. Not a lot of good food near the airport unless you really like shawarma or coney dogs (which I do, but apparently not as much as the people in the DTW area).
  • Meursault
    4 years ago
    Unrelated to this thread, but since the topic of food in Detroit came up, I'd like to recommend one of my favorite places that I hope is hanging on in these tough times for restaurants: El Barzon. If it is open, and you are in Detroit give them a try. Also interested to know what jackslash recommends for food just in case I ever start traveling for business (and strippers) again.
  • Longball300
    4 years ago
    Try the Wheat and Rye on Merriman for sandwiches as big as your leg; not great but pretty good.
  • BBBC
    4 years ago
    Don't lie Meursault, your favorite is sausage. I have a healthy helping right here for you bro
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion