tuscl

Have a safe and happy Fourth of July

twentyfive
Living well and enjoying my retirement
No politics to intrude on this holiday just a reminder that we have ties that bind us
Happy Forth to all

19 comments

• Warrior15
    4 years ago
    Back at ya' 25 !!
  • ATACdawg
    4 years ago
    Amen, 25!!
  • minnow
    4 years ago
    Happy 4th, have a blast.
  • doctorevil
    4 years ago
    Ditto
  • FishHawk
    4 years ago
    Everyone have fun and be safe. I am going to grill in the back yard.
  • Huntsman
    4 years ago
    ^. Ditto
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    Just had lunch with Bubba267 in the patio at 5 Guys. That's it for me. Staying in the rest of the day.
  • whodey
    4 years ago
    Mankind, that word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can’t be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it’s fate that today is the 4th of July and you will once again be fighting for our freedom not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution but from annihilation.

We’re fighting for our right to live, to exist, and should we win today the 4th of July will no longer be known as an American President holiday but is the day when the world declared in one voice,

“We will not go quietly into the night. We will not vanish without a fight. We’re going to live on. We’re going to survive. Today we celebrate our Independence Day!”
  • jackslash
    4 years ago
    Happy 4th!
  • BabyDoc
    4 years ago
    Today is "Filipino-American Friendship Day" so I suggest that everyone should try to be a good American (for at least this one day) and find yourself a Filipina to get friendly with.
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    I only know 2 Filipinas. One doesn't swing that way, and the other moved back to the Philippines. ):
  • CJKent (Banned)
    4 years ago
    “Who so stolid and selfish, that would not give his voice to swell the hallelujahs of a nation’s jubilee, when the chains of servitude had been torn from his limbs?

I am not that man. In a case like that, the dumb might eloquently speak, and the 'lame man leap as an hart.'

But such is not the state of the case. I say it with a sad sense of the disparity between us. I am not included within the pale of glorious anniversary!

Your high independence only reveals the immeasurable distance between us.

The blessings in which you, this day, rejoice, are not enjoyed in common.

The rich inheritance of justice, liberty, prosperity and independence, bequeathed by your fathers, is shared by you, not by me.

The sunlight that brought light and healing to you, has brought stripes and death to me. This Fourth July is yours, not mine. You may rejoice, I must mourn..."

—Frederick Douglass, July 5, 1852
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    Have a great 4 th TwentyFive! Stay safe and healthy!
  • ATACdawg
    4 years ago
    @whodey:. Wow! That speech would make a great movie quote!!!!!😉🤯
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    Same to you 25.
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    Same to y’all. Cheers 🍻 25
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    I'm celebrating that america us a year older and a year wiser and can change
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    Happy belated birthday, ‘Merica.
  • MackTruck
    4 years ago
    Happy fire cracker day
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion