tuscl

Kira Davis: Candace Owens is a problem | RedState.com

joker44
In the wind
Saturday, June 13, 2020 9:15 AM
[view link] .......What is problematic for me and others like me is that white conservatives (and some black conservatives) have gleefully thrust Owens into the position of not only speaking for all black conservatives, but for the black community in general. I hear so many white conservatives describe her as “articulate” and it makes me cringe. I find it reminiscent of how white liberals condescendingly fawned all over Obama as “articulate”. Owens parrots talking points — some of which actually have merit — but has neither the experience nor the historical knowledge to expound on those talking points. Worse, she does not have enough depth to draw out what should be the larger goal with those talking points — lifting up black America and promoting racial unity. She’s the punditry equivalent of what Rush Limbaugh so famously dubbed the “drive-by media.” She pulls up, throws a bomb, and then catches all the cash that rains down in the aftermath before darting off to the next crime scene. In particular, it is Owens’ “plantation” rhetoric that has been so problematic, and it is a great example of how the conversation in black conservatism has advanced while Owens remains stuck in first gear.........

40 comments

• Mr_O
    4 years ago
    You quite obviously have never heard her other than something "canned".
  • JamesSD
    4 years ago
    She's a lot like Tomi Lahren. Parrots the party line talking points with a different face
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    There is so much emotion claiming that Candace isn’t a real conservative. It’s not quite claiming she “ ain’t black”, but it’s just strange. If the author doesn’t like some of Owens’ views, discuss them. But, this article amounts to vague character assassination and impugning motive. It comes across as petty. Even bitchy.
  • oscarlomax
    4 years ago
    Interesting. I'd like to see her debate Roland Martin , Michael Eric Dyson, Harry Belafonte, or Stacey Abrams or even Republican, Tim Scott. Candace has always appeared to me to be political opportunist. I remember when she engaged the NAACP to help her in a racially charged educational lawsuit. Now she seems to be on the opposite end of things. It's this kind of history that has me questioning how intelligent she really is and how sincere she really is.
  • Lone_Wolf
    4 years ago
    @mark - those were exactly my thoughts as I was reading it. Just bitching. No specifics
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    I think Owens’ core talking point is that the most severe issues facing African Americans, like single parent households and out-of-wedlock births, have nothing to do with racism. They are issues the black community needs to address themselves. I think she has said something like racism isn’t even among the top 10 most important issues. That viewpoint probably comes across as harsh, it is so counter to the prevailing wisdom in the media.
  • NAAAASTY
    4 years ago
    Who the fuck cares. Politics. She's playing the status game of who's higher up the hierarchy of whatever narrative she too is trying to push. NAAAASTY
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    This is a joke it's kinda like the rabid pro-Trumpers saying Romney is a loser, of course if she's what you pro-Trump fanatics are going to hang your hat on, the election is already over, no need of waiting till November the results are clear.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    “ if she's what you pro-Trump fanatics are going to hang your hat on, the election is already over” I don’t think anyone on planet earth has ever said Trump will win because of Candace Owens. Trump will win because of Trump. And, Joe Biden. God bless Joe Biden.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    She's hot as fuck.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Yes God Bless Joe Biden, he is going to beat Donald Trump like a drum, in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Joe ain't my first choice but he is going to win bigly LOL
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    ^ fortunately, Joe has a top notch team that can help him get dressed and find the stage. Now, if he can just remember what city he is in, he’ll do fine.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Whatever he needs to do to win LOL
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    “She's hot as fuck.” Agree. Not only is she attractive, she’s smart, confident, and seems like she could beat you with a hammer if you pissed her off. My kind of gal.
  • rcan1
    4 years ago
    I also agree, Candace is hot as fuck!
  • rcan1
    4 years ago
    twentyfive - step away from the kool-aid. Romney is a LOSER! The Democrats should take that RINO POS.
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    It’s a shame the way they try to smear her. A thought leader on the conservative side that’s a young black woman who’s just so freaking bright could do a ton of damage to the lefts phony narratives.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    The Dems historically get 90%-95% of the black vote. If that ever dropped to 75%-80%, the Dems would never again win the Presidency. They are terrified of even the modest inroads that Trump is making. I’m convinced that the Dems are ginning up the national protests to firm up the support among blacks. The initial spark was spontaneous but a 10 day protest requires coordination and funding.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    The protests are now twenty days old now, and you idiots keep providing fresh sparks. Has anyone on your side ever learned, when the hole is too deep to climb out of stop digging.
  • loganshard
    4 years ago
    The world just can't take a strong black (and beautiful too) woman who doesn't tow the line. She has incredible knowledge, integrity and depth. But truth totally demolishes the left's narrative, they can only destroy her.
  • gobstopper007
    4 years ago
    Well according to Joe she “ain’t black” because she doesn’t support him. Progressives are scared of a minority who espouses conservative ideas. If you are thinking and acting for yourself you aren’t relying on the government. Historically the Democrats are the party that fought against civil rights while Republicans were pro-business. Owens presents a massive threat to the liberal philosophy so she must be attacked
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    “Has anyone on your side ever learned, when the hole is too deep to climb out of stop digging.” These planned, organized riots had one goal. It was to provoke Trump into a violent response, causing the public to want to oust the Tyrant from office. Trump didn’t fall into that trap but the Dem stooges keep burning cities and making fools of themselves in Seattle. Who is in the hole and who is digging ?
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    This: [view link] or This: [view link]
  • MARKPAIN
    4 years ago
    Based on their club reviews and comments I've always felt that some of the posters on TUSCL had low opinions of Black people. Anyone with good sense would know that Candace Owens is nothing but a con artist who uses her Black ethnicity to get money from racists. Comparing pictures of Congresswoman Maxine Waters and Candace Owens can only be viewed as an insult against the Black community.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    “Candace Owens is nothing but a con artist who uses her Black ethnicity to get money from racists.” In other words, she “ain’t black” and any white person who agrees with her ideas is racist. I think I understand. I won’t bother asking how you feel about Clarence Thomas or Tim Scott.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Mark you can keep on spinning as long as your imagination will let you, truth is Trump is overmatched he never was up to this job and he is a failure Chaos is not a plan and that’s all your guy has gotten after more than 3 and a half years there is very little of substance to show and all he has done is fall back on his old canards, the folks that support him are lacking in imagination I laugh here it’s two plus years later and he’s still attacking Colin Kaepernick over three years and still going after Hillary, shit he can’t even have a rally without getting everyone who attends to sign a waiver. Some leader he’s turned out to be. Hell he couldn’t get a wall built on the Mexican border so he put one up around the people’s house, how sad he is, but you go on dreaming about the con job this guy sold y’all a false bill of goods.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    I won’t bother going point by point. I’ll just give you one example of Trump’s accomplishment. You say he can’t get the border wall built. Despite fierce opposition from a Democrat congress, he has built 200 miles of border wall and contracts for 300 more miles have been signed. This progress is well known, outside the leftie echo chamber, and politically popular. Thats a good example of underestimating Trump and misreading public sentiment. The left gets all its news from like-minded mainstream media and that has led to this false groupthink.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    If you really believe the drivel you’re spouting I feel sorry for you November is gonna be a really harsh wake up for you
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    For the record mark you can look this up on any legitimate news or fact checking org you’d like Nearly all of the new fence on the Mexican Border is replacement and as far as we know Mexico hasn’t contributed a single peso despite Trumps promises that the Mexicans would pay for all of it.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    Here is a partial list of issues facing the black community - Police Racism -Disintegration of the family/ Single parent households -Failing public schools -Gangs/Black on Black violence -Trapping the community in welfare rather than building jobs Candace Owens’ is simply saying that, by focusing exclusively on racism in the police force, the black community and its leadership has the wrong priority. It’s a priority that ignores 55 years of failure on the war on poverty. But, current black leadership relies on the old, stale, failed ways to stay in power. And yes, politicians like Maxine Waters are standing in the way of a fresh search for solutions. People like Candace Owens and Ben Carson are bringing those fresh solutions.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    “For the record mark you can look this up on any legitimate news or fact checking org you’d like. Nearly all of the new fence on the Mexican Border is replacement” Simply not true. But, claiming that all “legitimate” news sources agree on this democrat talking point is the kind of circular logic that blocks you from learning things outside the echo chamber.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Ok whatever, but you go on about echo chambers and circular logic Maybe one day you’ll manage to convince someone who’s not an idiot that the moon is made out of green cheese, good luck
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    "Comparing pictures of Congresswoman Maxine Waters and Candace Owens can only be viewed as an insult against the Black community." OK This: [view link] or This: [view link]
  • Mr_O
    4 years ago
    This has become such a silly conversation. Let's look to Merriam-Webster to settle this and every political discussion. Definition of right: 1: RIGHTEOUS, UPRIGHT 2: being in accordance with what is just, good, or proper right conduct 3: conforming to facts or truth : CORRECT the right answer 4: SUITABLE, APPROPRIATE the right man for the job 5: STRAIGHT a right line 6: GENUINE, REAL This pretty much sums up the right, conservatives, Republicans, or whatever you wish to label them. Now let's see some antonyms for right: 1. bias 2. one-sidedness 3. partiality 4. prejudice 5. unfairness 6. unjustness 7. wrongfulness 8. corruption 9. impropriety 10. crime 11. offense 12. wrongdoing 13. disservice 14. harm This AUTHORITY sums it up pretty accurately!
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    The new poster "MARKPAIN" is amazingly stupid.
  • Meursault
    4 years ago
    What would the libs do without ad hominem and straw men?
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Liberal women are disgustingly ugly if you look at progressives in Congress.
  • Mr_O
    4 years ago
    meursault, Possibly be conservative!
  • Mr_O
    4 years ago
    Well that shut the ignorant racist ass wipes up!
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    You must be looking in the mirror Mrs. O. Racist is what stupid people call others when their bullying is laughed at. You're almost as tough as a little girl Mrs. O.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion