tuscl

RIOTS! Oh sorry, "protests".

Mr_O
Florida
Did anyone on here have their property destroyed by these "protesters"?

Anyone injured by these "protesters"?

Anyone ONE of the "protesters"?

20 comments

• gammanu95
    4 years ago
    No, no, and hell no.

My office is not too far from an area which could have easily been organized for a protest, but they arranged for it to be done in a more commercial and less professional area (better looting) and the sheriff flooded the ara with patrols, so they didn't even try.

My home is in an unincorporated area at the end of a dead end road. I suspect we are all armed to the teeth. Every house has at least one dog, so it would be suicide to try that in my neighborhood.

My commute is all country roads, so no worries there, either.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    I have family that live near the Minneapolis protests/riots. Burglaries have occurred in their neighborhood for the first time in memory. IMO, the problems are just starting.
  • Mr_O
    4 years ago
    gammanu95,

I'm unincorporated as well, and I KNOW those in the area are well armed. Not sure what my dog would do since he has never needed to do anything, but I suspect he would be very protective.

mark94,
    I hope your family does fine!
  • JamesSD
    4 years ago
    I probably would attend a peaceful daytime protest if not for covid.

Seems like a lot of cops have figured out how to target the rabble-rousers of questionable political motives. A few white supremacists got rounded up although there are always anarchists.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    “A few white supremacists got rounded up”

I’ve been following the news pretty closely and I’m not aware of any white supremacist involvement in any protests or riots. Oh, I know the Minnesota Governor blamed the riots on them. I just haven’t heard about a single arrest of one.

If you know of one, I’d genuinely like to hear about it.
  • Tetradon
    4 years ago
    ^ Boogaloo idiots in Vegas
  • Mr_O
    4 years ago
    RE: white supremacist
    There are the idiots on both sides. Just seems that when the white supremacist make their noise, the rest of us don't listen. Things like happened and still are have NEVER happened after a white supremacist movement did anything, yet on the flip side, it's quite common.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    “Boogaloo idiots in Vegas”

Thanks. I hadn’t heard about them. Here’s what CNN says about them

“Boogaloo members appear to hold conflicting ideological views with some identifying as anarchists and others rejecting formal titles. Some pockets of the group have espoused white supremacy while others reject it.”
  • Tetradon
    4 years ago
    Buddy of mine in Portland Oregon said it was 30 percent honest protesters who wanted social change and 70 percent looters and drunks who just wanted a good time.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    We had protesters in the center of town; maybe 150. Reminded me of a bake sale at the high school. My office is in a "bad" neighborhood. Completely unscathed. Except for parts of Boston, New England is pretty benign.
  • ilbbaicnl
    4 years ago
    If we don't want riots we gotta fix the shit before it comes to that. The cops beat up a guy in Ferguson, then tell him he's gotta pay for getting blood on their uniforms, nobody does anything. They kill Mike Brown, there's some rioting, then the psycho fuckwad cops finally get shut down. I'm not much for protesting cause it gets ignored, UNLESS it gets violent and destructive and harms random people who don't deserve it.
  • Player11
    4 years ago
    No rioter trash near me.
  • Mr_O
    4 years ago
    ilbbaicnl,

Gee out of the likely MILLIONS of black and police encounters, you find a couple of bad apples? So in your view "...it comes to that."
    What be difficult to come up with something dumber than that!
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    Okay, this is funny.

CBS Chicago is reporting that hundreds, maybe thousands, of looters are bragging about it on Facebook and other social media. Many are using their real names. Some are trying to sell the goods they stole.

The FBI is looking into all of this.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Michael Brown being dead is a good thing. In fact every protester and anyone who supports them owe the officer who killed him an abject, grovelling apology.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    Michael Brown was 100% thug and his shooting was 100% clean. Everyone involved in the targeting and persecution of that cop, from CNN down to the lowliest individual protestor should have been sued for defamation, libel, slander, unjust termination with backpay and interest. You want to talk about a miscarriage of justice? Both Zimmerman and Wilson were unfairly targeted by an activist media.
  • Mr_O
    4 years ago
    This says A LOT. mark94 said:
    Thanks. I hadn’t heard about them. Here’s what CNN says about them

“Boogaloo members appear to hold conflicting ideological views with some identifying as anarchists and others rejecting formal titles. Some pockets of the group have espoused white supremacy while others reject it.”

if that's the worst CNN can come up with about a fringe right group, they must be a bunch of saints!
  • Player11
    4 years ago
    I could not believe they would abandon a police station to rioters / looters. It’s an insult to officers who gave there lives in the line of duty. How are they going defend law abiding citizens if they can’t even hold (defend) their own base.
  • Mr_O
    4 years ago
    Player11,
    The libs have pussyfied the right, including the law. When they tried to take over the station, repel them with all they have at their disposal, even up to and including lethal means.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    George Zimmerman who always identified as Peruvian, as his Mother was Peruvian, would have been considered hispanic if he was killed by the cops (fake news CC would blare it), but becomes white because he killed a black guy. The racism of progressive whites trying to be black is astounding. They remind me of Kapos.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion