tuscl

Biden says cops should shoot 'em in the leg!

misterorange
Biden SUCKS, Kamala BLOWS
Joe Biden: “Instead of standing there and teaching a cop, when there’s an unarmed person coming at them with a knife or something, you shoot them in the leg instead of in the heart is a very different thing. There’s a lot of different things that could change.”

I've never had training as a police officer, but I spent 8 years as an Infantry soldier in the US Army. I've also taken several NRA certified courses in home defense, use of force, etc. Not saying I'm an expert, but I've got some knowledge about neutralizing threats with firearms.

Okay, starting with the obvious. "...an unarmed person coming at them with a knife or something..." Well, let's just chalk that up as a typical Biden gaff. I suppose he meant a person not armed with a gun, but as usual his mouth moves a lot faster than his brain.

The real problem is with the whole concept of what Sleepy Joe is advocating, which is not a spur-of-the-moment "gaff" it's a stupid and problematic position on law enforcement tactics. First of all, even highly trained LE personnel are going to be shooting with less accuracy when under pressure and in a life threatening situation than when practicing marksmanship at the range. Aiming at a pair of moving legs vs a center mass torso shot, you're even more likely to miss. In fact, A LOT more likely to miss. And a missed shot endangers innocent bystanders. By "aiming for the legs" you are aiming downward, which means that when you miss, the bullet will most likely ricochet at an unpredictable angle. Cops, just like recreational target shooters and hunters, are trained to "know your target and what's beyond it." A wayward ricochet defeats that whole idea. Furthermore, even if you got lucky and hit him in the leg with one shot, and assuming that one shot was enough to knock him down because he might be on PCP or something where he wouldn't even feel it, the bullet is likely to penetrate the leg and continue on, again, endangering bystanders. A solid torso shot is unlikely to exit the body, especially if using hollow point bullets, and even if it does, its velocity will be greatly reduced.

Let's not forget, Biden is the same fucking idiot who, as Vice President, suggested that if you see potential home invaders on your property, you should take a double barreled shotgun out on your porch and fire a warning shot into the air. Forget about the fact that this is a felony almost EVERYWHERE including TEXAS, but if all you've got is a double barreled shotgun, you just wasted half your ammo!

I don't care whether you're a so-called "gun nut" or you worship at the alter of Mike Bloomberg, you've got to see that this guy is either a total moron, or else he's crazy like a fox and thinks YOU are the moron. How anyone could vote for this jerk-off is beyond me.

34 comments

• founder
    4 years ago
    Beautifully stated.

Anyone who has witnessed the lack of police presence these past few days in riot torn cities or saw the absolute police brutality suffered by George Floyd who is still ANTI-2A, who the fuck do you think is going to protect you? Your government? They will stand just as soon stand on your throat. Protect yourself and your family. Buy a gun. Take training, learn how to use it.

• misterorange
    4 years ago
    I can't help but remember the scene in one of the Lethal Weapon movies where the little kid says to Danny Glover, "Do you kill people?" and Glover says something like, "Nah, we try to shoot 'em in the leg or something." Maybe that's how Biden develops his campaign talking points.
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    Lol at creepy joe with the kids rubbing the hairs on his leg! He's a bigger real life nutcase than Trump could ever aspire to be!
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Most people get their information from tv and rapist Joe Biden is no different. He probably thinks the decedent was shot.
  • doctorevil
    4 years ago
    Biden's got it all wrong. Shooting someone in the leg is too dangerous. You might hit the femoral artery. The cops should be trained to shoot knives and guns out the hands of attackers, just like the Lone Ranger.
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    ^ Lol, just as long as they don't have sidekicks like Tonto, that would be demeaning and racist.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    As everyone knows, being a cop means they are often dealing with the worst society has to offer - but I do think at times they seem too trigger-happy - seems as if the default position is "when in doubt shoot to kill" - this can be a bit extreme b/c any person can read a situation wrong an interpret a threat incorrectly, and shooting when in doubt is extreme b/c it cannot be undone.

e.g. if the guy is 20-feet away waiving a knife and not charging anyone, that is a situation when I'd say in-lieu of any other from of non-lethal way to disable him, then shooting him in a less lethal way may be the way to go - many a time I've seen the criminal give up once injured or tazed, and many times not - but shooting to kill should be the last resort not the first.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    Okay, I'm showing my age, but Barnaby Jones (Buddy Ebsen, actor) always shot them in the shoulder. He never killed anyone. Lol.
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    Yeah misterorange I've seen the vids, the general public has to be educated on what he's really like. We know the outrage and continuous playback they would get if a major Republican made comments like that fool does.
  • doctorevil
    4 years ago
    It's almost sad. The guy is clearly going senile and losing his marbles. In the videotapes of a younger Biden, he is articulate and focused. He's also clearly a pathological liar. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SjrpfCp…
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    "Anyone who has witnessed the lack of police presence these past few days in riot torn cities..."

Complete opposite by me. There have actually been cops EVERYWHERE in the last several days in my town, and we only had protests downtown for two days. The mayor didn't even set a curfew tonight. I guess they're being proactive just in case.
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    "seems as if the default position is "when in doubt shoot to kill""

I'd say it's more "shoot to stop the threat". This tv and movie stuff with guys being incapacitated and dropping instantly when shot isn't always what happens. There are countless instances of people continuing to be a major threat after being shot multiple times with well placed shots. In those cases you keep shooting.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    "... Barnaby Jones (Buddy Ebsen, actor) always shot them in the shoulder. He never killed anyone ..."

Yeah - I never saw the Chips guys pull their weapons and they always solved the case in less than 60-minutes - true pros if you ask me
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Personally - I think they should just aim for the earlobe - I mean one doesn't really need the earlobe right?
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    ^^
    @Papi

Dahhh dah da-dant-naaaa.... Holy shit I loved CHiPs. The movie sucked though. Starsky & Hutch movie as least was entertaining and somewhat resembled the original series. Lol.
  • whodey
    4 years ago
    Never point a gun unless you intend to shoot, never shoot unless you intend to kill.

When an officer, or anyone else, is facing a violent threat they only have a split second to decide if they need to pull the trigger or not. There simply isn't time to add in a decision about whether they should shoot to wound or to kill. If the situation has escalated to the point of needing to shoot someone it has escalated to the point that you shoot to kill.

Having said that, pulling the trigger should ALWAYS be the LAST resort. An officer, or anyone else, should only shoot a person if the situation leaves them with no other choice. Firing a weapon should only be done when you are reasonably certain that it is the only way to prevent the subject from seriously injuring or killing yourself or someone else. Shooting someone under any other circumstances is murder.

Too many times people have been shot as a way to prevent a suspect from getting away or just because they have (or are believed to have) a weapon even if they aren't in eminent danger of using it.
  • goldmongerATL
    4 years ago
    Why don't they set their phasers on stun?

If watch any of the countless social media videos of bodycam footage on police brutality sites, they never point out the fact that, yes the cop shot eight times, but bullet #7 was only the third one to hit him and the guy did not go down until all 8 shots were fired.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    ^^
    goldmongerATL - Remember when Captain Kirk fucked the green bitch? That was hot as hell. Lol.
  • goldmongerATL
    4 years ago
    If he phasered her on stun first, that's date rape.
  • rattdog
    4 years ago
    robocop-so accurate with his shooting that he nailed a perp's balls through a woman's dress.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    With cops, the Genesee (sp?) County sheriff in MI showed, flawlessly, how to de-escalate a confrontation and serve the community. De-escalating should always be the first tool used, and many LE agencies are teaching this, but it is noy always an option. De-escalating or removing yourself (if not LE) should also be taught in civilian carry classes. It's not. My last shoot/don't shoot was about five slides and five minutes. Several hours was range safety, gun handling, and target shooting. Center mass.

There several documented examples of armed citizens, acting with restraint, using the threat of firearms to successfully protect their businesses. Any anti-2A argumeny is dead and buried after this week. With cops overwhelmed, mayors and govs impotent and unresponsive, the only protection we can truly count on is itself protected by the 2nd amendment.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Wife and I are getting licenses to carry and buying some legal weapons.
  • crsm27
    4 years ago
    Here are a few things we all need to consider.

1. The hiring process that is happening with any police, firemen, etc. The standards have been dropping because of law suits and what not. Yes the people who score the best on tests don't always get hired. It all has to do with the "quota" or making sure departments are "diversified". If you dont believe me just ask anyone who is in HR or hires people. They need to meet quotes or they get fined or worse.

2. Shooting people in the "leg".... People think anyone who shoots a firearm or is a police man are "snipers"... most of them can barely pass the shooting requirements. Plus like mentioned above when in a pressure situation accuracy goes down by almost everyone.

3. LAW SUITS.... if you shoot someone in the leg. they will SUE!!! even if it was a justified shooting...ie: guy shooting back. They will get a civil lawyer and win in a civil case because they will walk with a limp for the rest of their life. Good old tort laws in the USA.
  • gobstopper007
    4 years ago
    Biden also said to fire a shotgun through the door to protect yourself
  • WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
    4 years ago
    Shoot em in the leg is better than Trump's edict
  • BabyDoc
    4 years ago
    “…cops should shoot them in the legs.”

Typical discrimination coming from Crazy Uncle Joe. WTF about paraplegics who don’t have any legs? Don’t they deserve to be shot like everyone else? Shit, they already suffer enough from Kaepernick openly mocking them by kneeling every chance he gets.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Hey ho, lets go, shoot em in the back now.....
  • goldmongerATL
    4 years ago
    I once had a cop tell me that dead men file no lawsuits. He said the worst thing a cop can do is fire one shot. There had been cases made that argued if the cop only fired one shot, he could not have really been in fear of his life.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    Los Angeles, Minneapolis, Fayetteville, Atlanta, New York, Nashville, Seattle, Portland, Philadelphia, Chicago, Milwaukee, Salt Lake, Washington DC, Detroit, Indianapolis, San Francisco, Kansas City, Houston, Charlotte, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Denver, Dallas, Phoenix, Tampa, Baltimore, Oakland, Louisville…

What do all those American cities have in common?
    - They are run by Democrats, sometimes for generations
    - They are unable to control mob violence
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Can't stand the Minneapolis mayor - he looks like such a wuss - and looks like such a fake pretending he "so feels black people's pain" - typical progressive - they rather be liked and not offend anyone vs doing the right thing and standing up to thugs.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    The Mpls mayor reminds me of Justin Trudeau. Pretty boy in an empty suit.
  • yahtzee74
    4 years ago
    "when there’s an unarmed person coming at them with a knife or something,"

Having a knife is unarmed?
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Why doesn't the cop address the true problem and shoot the knife - just sayin'
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion