tuscl

OT: Wearing a face covering

TxVegas
Still looking for an ATF
I have been shopping at a higher end grocery store during the COVID-19 period. They require a face covering to enter the store and have made every effort to comply with social distancing requirements. They also have arrows on each aisle to govern traffic and have six foot markings at the meat department and check out areas.

Yesterday, I had to go to the larger chain grocery store and they do not require face coverings. It was much more crowded and seemed much more risky in terms of transferring COVID. People would actually make contact with other shoppers to get by them in aisles. I don’t know why one store would have customers behaving so differently. We could only speculate that the clientele was either better educated or felt like they had more to lose at the higher end store. Anyone else experiencing this difference in attitudes at similar stores?

9 comments

• skibum609
    4 years ago
    Yes. Exact same thing, but I find that I go to the more crowded one way more now than when things were normal.
  • Musterd21
    4 years ago
    I have noticed the same thing. And only drive through restaurants open. Why are some businesses important enough to be open and others not. Why are the people of Walmart not dying in the isles???????
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Here in south Florida all of our stores are as you described requiring you to wear a mask of some type and arrows marking the aisles directonal flow, but we also are fortunate to live near some farm packers who are selling large baskets with assorted fresh produce for ten dollars per basket, those too are only accessible by car and operate as drive throughs most people here are behaving quite civilly towards each other there’s more hostility here on this board than in my neighborhood
  • jackslash
    4 years ago
    If you shop at Walmart you have nothing to live for.
  • elmer
    4 years ago
    Jackslash for the win!

"If you shop at Walmart you have nothing to live for"
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    People that shop at Walmart are thanking China for COVID-19.
  • doctorevil
    4 years ago
    Walmart has a huge variety of goods at cheap prices. But Shadowcat makes a good point. Much of their ability to deliver cheap prices is because they get a lot of their stuff from China. Plus, they pissed me off when they decided to get politically correct and stopped selling handgun ammunition.
  • RamPaige
    4 years ago
    I went to this Korean supermarket a few weeks back. Not only were they doing the whole no mask no entrance, and social distancing regulations, they also provided sanitizers to spray down the shopping cart before entry, and one time usage gloves for any customer not wearing one.
  • JamesSD
    4 years ago
    ^Asians had much more of a mask culture even before covid.

High end stores need to show their customers they are taking covid seriously. It probably matters less for lower end
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion