tuscl

The economics of opening a strip club.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
This article focuses on restaurants and bars but is applicable to strip clubs as well.

https://www.foxnews.com/

9 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    The link goes to the FOX homepage not a specify article
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    Well damn it. Look for :
    'Bar Rescue' host on new normal for bars, restaurants"
  • JuiceBox69
    4 years ago
    Can't see shadow
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    It's on the left hand side with Jon Taffer. Yeah interesting stuff shadow I think he makes some great points. High end strip clubs are probably gonna suffer. If they go under and that talent disperses into other more middle clubs I won't be complaining in the least bit.
  • theDirkDiggler
    4 years ago
    High end strip clubs will only really suffer if their rents/property taxes are considerably higher than middle and lower end clubs. Fortunately, most strip clubs IME aren't built in areas that are desirable to live in or do business in. Otherwise, i don't see that many more fixed expenses outside of maintenance, upkeep and possible remodeling expenses. I mean the things that are associated with higher end clubs (valet, bathroom attendant, VIP rooms/areas and more expensive liquor, better looking girls and higher rent fees for the them) aren't added costs, but more like lost income potential. If anything, if these clubs took care of their money halfway reasonably in the last several years, they should be able to weather the storm better than clubs that were barely making money before...
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    If the most affluent ( older ), one third of customers don’t come back until the virus is completely gone, a lot of clubs will go under. The numbers simply don’t work with half the revenue gone.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    @ one thing many don’t realize is the fact that less than 25% of all customers provide about 75% of the clubs total revenue
  • Longball300
    4 years ago
    Yep, and blending Mark and 25's comments that 25% are the older gents with more disposable income. How many times have you heard dancers say "Those young guys never spend any money". I think the clubs will come back but, in smaller numbers for some time until that segment of the population feels comfortable making a return.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion