tuscl

TOM LEYKIS RADIO SHOW

rattdog
New York
so during this state of quarantine i've been on the youtube site a lot looking for entertainment. i stumbled across this guy's radio show bits. i've heard of his name over the years but never checked out his show. guy sure has some enlightening views in regards to women and relationships. funny and educational at the same time.
anyone here a fan?

12 comments

• NJBalla
    4 years ago
    I liked him a lot. I used to listen to him when he was on FM radio. I still remember his last show before the station he was on changed format. My only challenge with his show was believing that his dating advice bits. I coudl not believe he was able to be such a dog to many women. Not that it was wrong, but the guy isnt exactly a looker and I couldn't believe models were throwing themselves at him.

A good show that I listen to from time to time is Opie and Anthony. Such a shame they broke up. The spin off shows are trash, but they had 3-5 years of material in thier prime that will never be beat again. The only current show that I thank them for inspiring is the Joe Rogan Experience
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    Opie and Anthony were great. I found their humor to be very funny. They had some crazy guests who played along - and they made some great radio.

I was a big fan of Jim Norton as well. He was great on their show too.
  • CJKent (Banned)
    4 years ago
    @rattdog

Not a fan.

I listened to Tom sometimes when he was on the radio in Los Angeles wile driving. Tom is an “entretainer” a shock jock.

He reminds me of the real state infomercials “experts” that sell common sense advice “buy low sell high” but make their money, not from real state, but from the people that pay for the “system” on the infomercial.

He purports to teach men how to get sex while spending the least amount of time, money, and effort.

And we all know “most times in life, you get what you pay for”

You wrote:

“guy sure has some enlightening views in regards to women and relationships. funny and educational at the same time.”

I don’t know about educational, it remains me about the saying “Those Who Can, Do; Those Who Can't, Teach.”

He has been married and divorced four times, which he unabashedly proclaims on-air regularly.

His second marriage was to television reporter Christina Gonzalez. Leykis alleges that he discovered that she was cheating on him after he investigated some hotel receipts he found.

Another marriage, which lasted one year, was with a Seattle woman in 1989,who was a listener of his show.

His fourth wife, Susan Drew Leykis, who first met Leykis at a Los Angeles Kings game, filed a police report against him while they were married and living in Boston in 1993.

On December 22 of that year, she alleged that Leykis assaulted and threatened to kill her during a fight after they returned home from a radio station Christmas party.

He was subsequently charged with "felony assault and battery and threatening to commit a crime"; a police officer found bruises and scratches on the woman.

In March 1994, Leykis was sentenced to a year of probation and ordered to attend a domestic violence class.

He completed both, and the charges were dropped, although Leykis did not admit guilt as part of the agreement.

The couple have since divorced.
  • NJBalla
    4 years ago
    @Cash, Im a big fan of Jim norton as well. I ran into Jim Norton at Sunrise Lounge In Paterson once. he's a jersey guy and loves to go to massage parlors. I didn't say anything to him. He had a weird deer in headlights look during the short time I was there.

Someone put together a group of Jim Norton laugh compilations that I listen from time to time.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYbYo-Vr…
  • rattdog
    4 years ago
    cash and nj, both are you are ny/nj based like me.
    i'm guessing you both are into most of the ny/nj comics? all of them i think they know each other real well.
    jim norton
    jim florentine
    artie lange
    jim breuer
    rich vos
    dice
    chris rock

etc...
  • pistola
    4 years ago
    Leykis was hilarious. His ‘Hail Mary’ theory was just brilliant. I never agreed with him 100%, but most of the time I found it entertaining, which is the point.

Don’t listen to CJ the Retard. Good lord this guy is a tool of the highest degree and most of his ‘opinions’ are plagiarized.
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    Thanks NJBalla - that was funny! Jim Norton’s delivery is excellent - and his humor is great!

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him at a place like Sunrise.

Rattdog - I enjoy those NJ comedians too. They are definitely some of my faves.
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    Yeah O&A was in the best. In the late 2000’s that was must listen to stuff. Patrice O’neal Holy shit was that dude a fucking genius. They gave a platform to all the New York comics and it was fucking hysterical. I still listen old bits from YouTube.
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    I’m glad NJBalla posted the link to the O&A bits with Norton laughing. I forgot how funny their humor was.
  • rattdog
    4 years ago
    O&A with patrice o'neal and norton commenting on the mel gibson tapes is classic.
  • ime
    4 years ago
    I loved O&A best shows were when it was Patrice, Burr, Bobby Kelly, Vos, and Jim Jefferies when he used to be funny just busting balls.

Cumia and Norton were a great combo. Boardroom Jimmy was one of the funniest things on that show.
  • NJBalla
    4 years ago
    @ratt & @cash O&A clips with Patrice, Jim Florentine, and Pat Cooper were always on my playlist to and from strip clubs over the years. FM Radio is very lackluster these days so what I do is download clips off Youtube premium to listen to.

Another set of funny clips:
    O&A - Independence Day Stinks W/ Patrice Oneal & Jim Norton.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEGW2jBz…
    Jim Florentine - Strip Club Stories
    http://jimflopodcast.libsyn.com/podcast/…

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion