tuscl

You 1st: Do not advocate for others what you are unwilling to do yourself.

joker44
In the wind
Conservative Washington Post columnist Jennifer Rubin issued a challenge to wealthy business owners and friends of President Donald Trump demanding that people get back to work: You first.

“Let me suggest a simple test for those arguing for a quick return to business as normal absent a robust testing, contact tracing and quarantine program: You go first,” Rubin suggested. “Trump should cease requiring everyone who comes into his orbit to submit to a covid-19 test. After all, if it’s not important enough for all of us to have the same protection, he should feel perfectly comfortable re-engaging with those of unknown health status.”

As for hydroxychloroquine, if Fox News thinks that it’s a miracle drug, they should start clinical trials.

Corporate overlords and people like “Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin who push for a May reopening of the economy should be the first on the factory floors (shake every returning worker’s hand), the first to ride public transportation to and from work, and the first to pay social calls at nursing homes,” Rubin said.

“Among the COVID-19 deniers, the maniacal capitalists and the Trump campaign cheerleaders, there is far too much eagerness to expose others to dangers that I suspect they would be entirely unwilling to undertake themselves,” Rubin closed. “They should abide by a single Golden Rule of public health: Do not advocate for others what you are unwilling to do yourself. Maybe if forced to consider the risk to their own health and lives, they will act with greater care.”

10 comments

• docsavage
    5 years ago
    I volunteer to be the first person to get a lap dance.
  • mark94
    5 years ago
    Conservative Jennifer Rubin ? She’s a typical liberal journalist but WaPo calls her conservative so they can troll Trump supporters. I call BS. Conservative in name only.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ I don't care whether she is conservative or liberal or Martian for that matter, that is a fair challenge to all of you nut jobs out there that are so willing to risk some one else's life and/or health I call bullshit on you Mark
  • docsavage
    5 years ago
    Other than not being able to go to the strip club, keeping everything closed is not a problem for me. All my coworkers at work are teleworking and I am by myself so I can sit at my desk and floss my teeth and take off my shoes and socks and cut my toenails. I don't need to go to the store because I have a secret vault filled with rolls of toilet paper. When I started staying home at night my cat was bothering me more for food. He sees me as a giant cat food can opener. I solved that problem. I started picking up my guitar and playing it while singing to him and he would get a disgusted look on his face and leave the room.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    I'll take the challenge. I would love to sit down in a restaurant and eat a meal.
  • SaltyNuts
    5 years ago
    Most of us were visiting clubs when to virus was already very active.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    You still have a better chance of dying from cancer or a heat attack! And don't try the "Well you do it BS". Many many of the two are cause by our life choices!
  • bkkruined
    5 years ago
    Sounds fine to me.
    I'm not seeing any news of Trump showing up in church today. Must not have been that important to him.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    I really can't believed the ASSWIPES that bring their political biases into this event!
    If pelosi found the cure, I'd Saint her!
  • gammanu95
    5 years ago
    I never stopped working. Hell, we only got our first delivery of masks yesterday, and they are only KN95s.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion