tuscl

The people that won't get unemployment or stimulas

Lone_Wolf
Arizona
There must be many millions of people in the US that will not receive any help from the government because they've been off the books.

The folks in this hidden sub class will slide into desperate poverty within weeks. No help is on the way for them.

I hope the government has a plan to help them besides declaring martial law.

19 comments

• Lone_Wolf
    4 years ago
    @scrub - I'm not sure how that's possible. Have to have an on the books job to get unemployment. Have to file taxes to get the stimulas.

• JamesSD
    4 years ago
    If you're a citizen and old enough your parents haven't been claiming you as a deduction, you can file a 2019 tax return now saying "I didn't make shit!" and get a stimulus check.

It's the undocumented workers who won't qualify.
  • JamesSD
    4 years ago
    Getting money to the homeless will be a logistical challenge. Direct deposit is the easiest but the poorest people often lack bank accounts
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    So the tax cheats who have been screing the rest of us should get money for being cheaters and criminals? Zero sympathy for them at all. As ye sow, so shall ye reap. I hope they get what they have paid for: nothing.
  • Lone_Wolf
    4 years ago
    @JamesSD - good info. Unfortunately that stimulas will be like a drop of water in the heat of the Sahara. By the time it arrives, the situation will already be dire.
  • Lone_Wolf
    4 years ago
    @skibum - it becomes a quality of life issue for us non-cheaters. How good will life be with millions of desperate people roaming the streets.
  • MackTruck
    4 years ago
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli…

^^ how to get the check of not filing taxes
  • Subraman
    4 years ago
    For as much of a disaster as employee status has been for strippers in CA, this may be the silver lining -- there may be fewer of them, and their income may have gone down substantially, but they're officially employees. For strippers who are officially contractors (that is, most strippers in most other states), does unemployment and/or covid19 benefits depend on their tax filings?
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    I’m not sure but the way that the federal $600 benefit is set up you need to certify that you aren’t a sex worker to receive the bonus money but I’m not sure of that.
  • Subraman
    4 years ago
    I had heard the same thing about excluding sex workers, though I couldn't imagine how . If so, shame on them, but of course not at all surprising
  • Bavarian
    4 years ago
    I thought that was for SBA loans not for the stimulus check?
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Both Bavarian I looked at the UE website out of curiosity but I files for business assistance
  • Evasparkling
    4 years ago
    @twentyfive

Have you heard back from the SBA?

I submitted an application for my LLC but didn’t even get a confirmation email back.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    @Eva not yet I doubt I'll get a response before next week
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    ^ I did get confirmations immediately after I filed the paper work, with a conf #
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    ^ If you haven't received confirmation# re submit I would assume that it didn't go through.
  • Evasparkling
    4 years ago
    @twentyfive

Immediately after submission a confirmation number that starts with: 33000XXXXXXX

I took a screenshot of it.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Your fine it will take a bit of time do you have any idea how many filings they are going to have to deal with
  • Evasparkling
    4 years ago
    @twentyfive

They’re probably dealing with millions of Application.

Maybe the can automate the review process inorder to expedite the Applications.

Manual review of millions of Application is going to take months.

Most Government Agencies are always slow.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion