tuscl

Legal sex workers in Nevada struggling during coronavirus closure

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
A silver lining is that the CARES Act (Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and. Economic Security Act) allows independent contractors to receive unemployment. I wonder if any dancers on here have tried to apply.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/202…

8 comments

• loper
    5 years ago
    It specifically excludes sex workers. Prudes!
  • jackslash
    5 years ago
    I know the act excludes small businesses of a sexual nature, like AMPs or strip clubs. But does it exclude people from getting unemployment as independent contractors? Unemployment is aid to individuals unlike loans to keep clubs in business going forward. I don't know the answer.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I just finished the paperwork for the small business disaster relief and there is a line that you must certify that your business does not do anything at all of a sexual or prurient nature, applies to all sex related business
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Personally I will just suffer the financial loss, if any and not put in for compensation.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    The disaster relief is to make funds available to pay your employees so they do not need to collect unemployment it will not alleviate the financial loss of business but it will give money to cover rents mortgages insurance and will only be paid as a forgivable loan at a low interest rate the forgiveness will only apply if 75% of the money is used to cover employees paychecks.
  • Evasparkling
    5 years ago
    @Twentyfive isn’t the PPP different from the Economic Disaster Relief Loan?

I filed for the Economic Disaster Relief Loan on SBA Website.

But the PPP, I’ve a Business Account with Wells Fargo & didn’t have any Application yet for the PPP.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ I pmed you if you have any questions use the pm system its more efficient for this type of convos
  • Evasparkling
    5 years ago
    @twentyfive

I’ll.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion