tuscl

Drive Thru Service at Oasis ATL?

goldmongerATL
The Square Above Charlie Weaver
Yesterday I had an errand that took me to I-285 around 5 PM. I got off PIB northbound and as I passed Oasis I noticed there were several vehicles parked in the Oasis lot up against the embankment that leads to the mostly abandoned shopping center. There were at least three white women I could see from the highway. Two were in shorts and a bikini top. One of them waved at the cars on the highway (which is 100 yards away). I also noticed at least one guy sitting in the open door of a big, blacked out SUV.

OK, so I circled back and pulled into the shopping center and parked to watch where I could what was going on. They weren't really looking my way. They looked to be just hanging out and I was going to leave. Then a car pulled up to where they were. One woman leaned into the driver's window. I think the guy grabbed a feel. She ran around and got in the passenger seat and the car drove away. As they passed near me her head disappeared into his lap. The car got on the access road going north. I watched a few more minutes and had to leave. No other action.

I actually made a trip back tonight around 7:30. It was 50 and drizzling, but the black SUV was there again and there were two girls standing there with big umbrellas. I did not stop to watch if they had any traffic.

I don't know if this was dancers meeting guys for takeout, dancers just waiting for drive-ups or if they were even dancers at Oasis. I did not recognize any of them but they were built good enough to be dancers.

I've got to think if these were arranged meet ups they would not have been parked so visible to the highway.

15 comments

• doctorevil
    5 years ago
    I was in the area, so I drove by today. There was a guy in the golf cart that always patrols the parking lot and a black SUV. Don't know if it was the same SUV. It didn't look big like Tahoe or a Suburban. Looked slightly smaller. No one else around.
  • goldmongerATL
    5 years ago
    Wonder why the guy is patrolling an empty parking lot?
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ I assume to protect all the booze inside + equipment (DJ/music equipment, lights, etc), which is probably a fair-amount of $$$
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^^ or maybe to stop dancers and custies congregating to turn tricks?
  • goldmongerATL
    5 years ago
    Good point on the booze. They probably have a safe, too. Although I would think the contents got moved to the owner's mattress. Sucks keeping your fortune off the books.
  • goldmongerATL
    5 years ago
    You would expect that kind of freelance operation at Follies, not the Oasis.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ LOL - true
  • goldmongerATL
    5 years ago
    Drove past at dusk yesterday. Black SUV and a blue sedan were there, but the SUV had its dome light on. Didn't see any people.
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    Just the guy in the golf cart this afternoon.
  • Daddillac
    5 years ago
    OK if one of you guys is gonna keep driving past... man up and pull up to the door and ask somebody what is going on
  • Daddillac
    5 years ago
    I will do it if I pass by there
  • doctorevil
    5 years ago
    So I'm sure everyone is waiting in breathless anticipation of the next Oasis parking lot report. Finished up an afternoon OTC session and detoured by Oasis on the way back. No golf cart today, but the black SUV was there, with someone sitting in the drivers seat. Daddillac: Yes, I was a pussy. I didn't drive up and ask him what was going on.
  • wallanon
    5 years ago
    "Yes, I was a pussy. I didn't drive up and ask him what was going on."

Why get shot in the face because somebody decided to be a creeper and hang out in a parking lot for no obvious reason?
  • goldmongerATL
    5 years ago
    Probably not wise to pull in. Easy pickings for the Doraville PD to pull you over for non-essential travel. Would be hard to claim I drove 20+ miles to place a to go order at Jimmy's next door, If Jimmy's is even open.
  • goldmongerATL
    4 years ago
    I was in the area and TOFTT. I saw the black SUV with a girl standing next to it. I did a pass through the Oasis lot. I approached by going around the back and through the lot and got within 50 feet or so. the girl did not look like a dancer. She had the "I'm 25 but look I 50" look of a drugged out streetwalker. I did not see anyone in the SUV. I was not going to stop anyway, but her craggy looks would have sealed it. If she was a dancer she was a dive club solid 3.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion