tuscl

How has the chinese virus affected Your daily life?

Clubber
Florida
For me, very little. We never ate at home before and still don't. The big difference, always take out and no sit down.
I do miss our people in the restaurants.

10 comments

• bkkruined
    5 years ago
    Staying at home. No Big deal.
    But watching the impacts of the virus as time progresses...
    The US now has more confirmed infections than anywhere. (#MAGA)
    And I am noticing that Seattle, the initial US hot spot, is not getting exponentially worse. Unlike Florida, people there seem to be taking it seriously, shutting things down, staying isolated.
    And looking at where the numbers of new cases are rising fast... Well, except for NY, overlaying this on an electoral map from 2016, I think we should really just start calling this the Trump virus, rather than Chinese....
  • NJBalla
    5 years ago
    Made me binge watch perhaps one of the best documentaries of all time, Tiger King.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDnGPWu5…
  • pistola
    5 years ago
    I think we should really just start calling this the Trump virus
    —-
    I think you’re an ignorant dipshit and you just change your user name to CNNBetaCuckBoy
  • Eve
    5 years ago
    I've returned back to home cooking. Once upon a time, I made a good habit out of only eating what I cooked for a year until I grew out of it and started eating out again since it was just more convenient.

I'm happy I haven't forgotten how to prepare most of my favorite dishes. I haven't made braised ribs or chicken alfredo with pesto in a while, but I did again recently and it was very satisfying.
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    My meme game has jumped to the next level.
  • ATACdawg
    5 years ago
    Not really a lot in my daily life, but I do think twice before venturing out for groceries or to Home Depot. My carving club has, of course, cancelled meetings until the all clear is given. Also, like today, I missed church services; online, while ok as far as it goes, really isn't the same.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    A huge lifestyle change, and uncertain whether that will be temporary or permanent.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    I can see nothing in "ruined's" life has changed.

Hey look, the clock says it's 4:37 and is really it's 4:38. Damn that Trump!
  • sinclair
    5 years ago
    I am still working a lot of overtime. I am an "essential" employee, so I am not able to stay at home or work from home like most people right now. With far less traffic on the roads, my commute is eating up less of my free time. I'm slowly getting caught up on a few projects I have had on hold for awhile. With that said, I am scared about getting the virus having to work six days a week coming in contact with others.

In the past, I would eat out once everyday or at least once every two days. Now, I am cooking and making all of my meals at home or in a hotel microwave. I am trying to go to the grocery store once per week at the most to limit my exposure.

No strip clubs, bars, and restaurants means I am saving a lot of money. Even gasoline is under $2/gallon now.
  • SteveSutton
    5 years ago
    A lot. I work from home by myself normally, now I have my wife and two kids home all day. No more eating out. No visiting friends. No entertainment (movies, concerts). Limit any kind of shopping to only groceries when absolutely needed. No kids play dates. No business travel so no clubbing (I know clubs are closed). No SA (way too risky, and usually done on business trips). Much more TV (Tiger King is great and currently rewatching all episodes of the office). On the flip side, we are currently healthy (knock on wood), both still working from home, and since we do monthly budgeting we noticed we had our lowest expense month in years.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion