tuscl

Do the topics automatically sort by response time now?

Just testing.

13 comments

• Book Guy
    17 years ago
    rofl ... yeah, little Miss FireFox will show you her cookie any time you ask. :)
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    What club does Firefox dance at? Maybe I should get to know her.
  • shadowcat
    17 years ago
    I have been a happy user of Firefox for about a year...
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    Especially since you can set Firefox to automatically clear all cookies, traces, history whenever you exit the browser. :)
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    Looks like it is so.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    I like the change. Thanks Founder.
  • shadowcat
    17 years ago
    No, not yet but I know that he is working on it.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    It's been sorting by last reply for as long as I've known except for a few days after the format revamp a few months ago before Founder fixed it. It sounds like you need to clear your old cookies.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    All I meant was that the cookies left by TUSCL before the format change can screw things up unless you clear them. Clearing cookies too often might be your problem. The sorting has always worked right for me. You might also consider taking up Founder's advice to use Firefox, which besides being fast, works especially well with sites that rely on cookies.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    As long as they're chocolate chip I'll be happy to help clear them out. But what does that have to do with anything here?
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    It fixes the sorting problem. Maybe Founder should include instructions in the FAQ so we don't have to keep reminding each other how to fix both the topic sorting and the login bugs.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    I clear my cache and cookies every day. I think some of the issues I may have is due to using some older technology.
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    If you remain logged-in, or log out without clearing your trails, then some settings remain, presumably in a cookie. For example, your preferences for how you want the board sorted. If, to the contrary, you clear your cookies, then the restart will default to standard settings, which (as far as I can tell) currently include sorting the TUSCL Discussion Board by means of the time and date when the first post in a thread is posted, rather than (as I would prefer it) when the LATEST post in a thread is posted. I do not find it particularly difficult to click the top of the column here http://www.tuscl.com/discuss.php in order to get here http://www.tuscl.com/discuss.php?SortBy=…, so I haven't really complained a lot.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion