tuscl

To and From the club: Burnt out of driving, traffic, tolls, weather etc.

I still feel like clubbing from time to time. The day I'm off, I got nothing else to do. But it's fucking cold, raining, it's gonna take an hour and I gotta pay a bridge toll. That's A club, but there's always B club I could just take a train to and wait maybe its starts really pouring, no fuck that. I'm no longer with 15 minute drive of a truly great club and a lot of times I just don't feel like going there, It would be fun to be there but fuck it I'll stay home and save. Have any of you out there had a phase like this?

22 comments

• Muddy
    5 years ago
    I've thought about it a lot as to why, maybe it's life without favs, that may have a lot to do with it, I'm not traveling to the club now and not the particular girl at the club. Or adjusting the northern cold, possibly. Maybe in this world of instant gratification I'm becoming spoiled that I can't just warp to the strip club. Or maybe I'm just being fucking lazy, yeah you know what that's probably it.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    it’s a two and a half hour drive to my favorite club. and if the traffic sucks it can take four hours. or more.

some decent clubs are half the distance and time. but i just don’t live close to any clubs.
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    Things like weather, etc. never bothered me. In fact, in some ways I liked going on cold rainy days. Often, fewer customers show up, and I'm not made of spun sugar and have no problem with the rain or cold. However, the hour drive, and horrific traffic that can almost double that if I mis-time my entry and exit, does sometimes get me just staying home. I sometimes go on the train (and uber to the club once in the city), which avoids all the traffic and allows me to go beyond a drink an hour, but has its own pitfalls, most importantly, the train itself can take a looong time to get there if I can't nab an express, so I'll be spending a lot of time on it -- which is why we always take the train when there's a group of us, but I've gone back to driving when I'm by myself
  • gSteph
    5 years ago
    Yeah, there's a club on the other side of town I'd like to try, but it's 15 minutes away, so I stick to my 'local' ones. Maybe 4, 5 minutes.
    (Not a fan of big cities)
  • Cashman1234
    5 years ago
    If I had to travel to a club - and it took an hour or more - that would probably take the enjoyment out of the visit.

I’ve traveled about 30 minutes to get to a club, and that was due to meeting a fave.

When a club is hit or miss - a long drive could possibly not be worth it.
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    Try LA traffic
  • SaltyNuts
    5 years ago
    I would rather drive a little longer to enjoy my relaxation time
  • loper
    5 years ago
    My local clubs suck, so I plan for a drive. After rush hour the traffic isn't that bad and I just enjoy the road trip. Usually my destination is near other clubs, so if my initial destination doesn't work out I can alter my plans in short order.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    If a club is not close enough to be easily accessible, I can't be bothered. Maybe if/when I retire I can burn tons of time just to commute to a club, but not now.
  • rogertex
    5 years ago
    Well minor redemption
    OPEC cartel failed. Oil prices see biggest collapse today in over 25 years.

$1.50 at the pump. Drive on to your fav strip club
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    If I plan on drinking more than like a beer or 2 I don't drive. The hardest part of a long commute is a long ride home while drunk. I hate that
  • georgmicrodong
    5 years ago
    I always considered the drive to the club to be part of the cost of doing business. Sometimes on weekends I'd get a room in town just to avoid having to drive home at 2 or 3 am. :)
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ===> "it's gonna take an hour and I gotta pay a bridge toll. "

Fuck to the No. Not in the same night anyway. But of course you're single muddy, so there is no reason why you can't find an area within a couple hours drive and do an overnight maybe once a month. Finances permitting of course. When I lived in a shitty club area pre-marriage I used to do this every once in a while. I'd find an area with a few different clubs and make a long night of it.
  • MackTruck
    5 years ago
    @rickdugan..."When I lived in a shitty club area pre-marriage I used to do this every once in a while. I'd find an area with a few different clubs and make a long night of it."

^^^ huh. I thought clubbing was not for single guys
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    I live35 miles from Follies and as far as I'm concerned there isn't another club within 6 hours of driving worth going to. The bad part is that it takes me 25 minutes just to get to an interstate. So it's 50-60 minutes in good traffic. Going through downtown during rush hour it would take 90 minutes. add some bad weather of accidents and it ca go 2-3 hours.

So on weekdays I go after rush hour and leave by 3PM to go home. weekends are better but the crowds at the club are worse.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ===> "^^^ huh. I thought clubbing was not for single guys"

Mack, I said it was not for young lonely guys. I haven't been lonely for any length of time since my first live-in SO at 20. I also wasn't that young - I should have said pre-2nd marriage, but the first one was so short and so damned long ago that I didn't count it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    If I'm horny-enough then not much will keep me from hitting a club.

As I've often posted I like variety and this includes hitting different clubs - I don't mind driving an hour to hit a club; my desire to satisfy my curiosity and see the club w/ my own eyes overrides w/e inconveniences the trip may have - not having an S.O. to-answer-to nor kids-to-look-after means most of my disposable-time is for me to spend as I please.

Down-here in Miami weather is rarely an impediment to hitting the clubs - for me what mostly gets in my way is if I get tied-up and can't hit the club when I prefer (afternoons past 4pm) - the small black-dives I hit are small and also kinda a popular happy-hour hangout spot for many of the people that go and past 6pm it often gets too-crowded for me to enjoy myself, so if I get tied-up and can't make it by 5:30pm or so then I may not bother - another thing that can cause me to abort a club-visit is traffic - the clubs I hit the most are not too far and are often in the hood where there is less-traffic - but sometimes I wanna hit a club farther-away in the late-afternoon and the traffic is just too-bad to make the longer drive.
  • Liwet
    5 years ago
    I'm sort of going through the same thing with my A club being in Tijuana 7 hours away. But I keep going to a club 8 minutes away because I can see the same pretty girls that speak my language.

I once spent an hour driving to a brothel and that amount of time on the road really kills your desire. Either you have the desire when you start your trip or you plan the trip in such a way that the desire hits when you reach your destination. But in the second example, the bigger head convinces you not to go at all since you're not horny.
  • wallanon
    5 years ago
    "Have any of you out there had a phase like this?"

Wouldn't say it's a phase for me. I'm generally indifferent to going to a club or not, but there's a lot of talent in the clubs where I'm at right now. I'd rather overdo the clubbing a bit to sort out the rotation than miss out on a top option.
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    Yeah with some of these cities with awful traffic Atlanta, Los Angeles, New York City, San Francisco you might not even be traveling so far, but it ends up always going over an hour for some dumb reason. Just physically getting in my car and driving, just to go to Jersey you probably gotta pay an LD's worth in bridge tolls, or I could try cutting through Manhattan but you can easily just add an hour to whatever the trip time was. More of a regional complaint but I personally gotta be really motivated to venture out a little.

The weather is definitely a factor though, spring, summer IDGAF I'm going out I don't care where. Hard to stay in, feel like I'm missing out. And now not being in Texas I can't get away with a t shirt and jeans I gotta kind of bundle up, fuck that noise.
  • CJKent (Banned)
    5 years ago
    @Muddy

You should have your Sugar Baby come to you.

Isn’t that a good possible alternative?
  • 48-Cowboy
    5 years ago
    @CJKent. Good idea, i am staying home and boarding myself up because of Corona virus. Amazon will bring my sugar Baby directly to me. She is programmex to fulfill my every need
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion