tuscl

Demi Lovato to Sing National Anthem at Super Bowl

IHearVoices
954 (South Florida)
Thursday, January 16, 2020 1:28 PM
Well, I know at least one part of me will be standing at attention...

19 comments

• Call.Me.Ishmael
    4 years ago
    And you're posting this in the "Politics" forum... why?
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    4 years ago
    I assume it's just a mistake.
  • IHearVoices
    4 years ago
    Not a mistake: standing during the anthem is a political issue to many, so I figured I'd take the cautious route and post it here rather than risk getting it dinged in Front Room.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    4 years ago
    Ah, okay. Fair enough.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I'm sure she'll "raise many flags"
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    Is she a big enough Star to have universal appeal ?
  • joatmon
    4 years ago
    unless she is planning to sing it naked, I don't care. No offense intended
  • pistola
    4 years ago
    I see the appeal, now that she has gained weight she looks like a Zona Norte gal. Bitch got some pipes tho.
  • GoVikings
    4 years ago
    she's beautiful
  • IHearVoices
    4 years ago
    @Warrior: they usually hold the biggest stars for the halftime show...although there is an argument for Demi being a bigger star than JLo. @joatmon: while even the Janet special is wishful thinking, I'd be willing to bet that she has zero interest in wearing something that hides those curves. Of the women I'd risk it all for, only two are under 30 (the other is Aly Raisman).
  • bdirect
    4 years ago
    trump will walk out on the field
  • Clubber
    4 years ago
    I had to look up Demi Lovato. My take, I'll certainly watch her, BUT won't listen to anything else she sings. Perhaps she'll have a Lady Gaga moment.
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    4 years ago
    [view link] Demi Lovato doing a cover of Hozier's "Take Me to Church". She hits the range on this to do the Star Spangled Banner and not do a hack job, *if this song in and of itself doesn't trigger some social conservatives the way "I kissed a girl" might. Mike Pence might have to storm off the field at this point. Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    Oh, I was thinking Halftime. My Bad. Yeah, the national anthem isn't as big of a deal. But NO ONE will ever do it as good as Whitney Houston did it several years ago. That was breathtaking !
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    Here is Whitney singing it : [view link]
  • IHearVoices
    4 years ago
    I was in middle school for that. The school played the anthem every day before the morning announcements. My science teacher - who was almost every bit the stereotypical science teacher - suggested they switch to the Whitney performance (speaking of, shout out to her for making the RRHoF), and they did. @Clubber: I can't name a Demi song other than Cool for the Summer, and I know that one mostly because WWE used it as a theme song for SummerSlam once. Didn't know who she was until the Vanity Fair photo shoot. Oh: if anyone hasn't seen said photos, they're worth the Google search.
  • Clubber
    4 years ago
    IHear, Searched Vanity Fair, but no Demi other than Moore.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Can’t say I have any idea who she is I’m sure she’ll do an adequate job the National Anthem is not why I watch football games.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion