tuscl

Truscum

san-jose-guy
When it comes to sex, women are completely insane!
Wednesday, January 8, 2020 4:00 PM
Truscum, also known as transmedicalist and transfundamentalist, are trans people who delegitimize the gender of other trans people. They claim one can't truly be transgender unless one experiences gender dysphoria, in this context it can sometimes be called physical dysphoria, as defined by cis-normative psychiatry and medicine. Due to the fact that truscum are overwhelmingly a social media phenomenon, with a less than rigorously defined ideology, there are as of yet no academic or scholarly references to support claims about their demographics and beliefs. Notwithstanding, some attempts have been made to quantify their identities with respect to gender, age, and race.[10][11] These results, along with their behavior and views, lend support to the view that the typical member of their community is an adolescent American White trans man with little to no experience with the medical establishment, and has been out for a relatively short amount of time. Placing emphasis on dysphoria (often one's own dysphoria) in order to invalidate non-binary identities is often framed as an attempt to validate binary trans identities at their expense. SJ Wiki on Truscum [view link] SJG

4 comments

• san-jose-guy
    4 years ago
    Based on their understanding of what it means to be trans (i.e., a purely medical condition), truscum accuse trans people who do not experience gender dysphoria of appropriating trans labels and culture as a fashion statement or as a misguided attention-seeking technique. They refer to other members of the trans community, especially genderqueer and non-binary people, as "transtrenders", further erasing their identities. Such views are not only extremely harmful to other trans people living in the West (which is where almost all truscum live), but also to all non-Western trans people (some of whom live in the West). This is because the medical pathological definition of trans is a Western invention. So truscum's form of the definist fallacy leads to the complete erasure of trans and non-binary identities (i.e., binarism) that have existed for millennia in other cultures. Truscum, in short, uphold colonialist and white supremacist norms when they act as gatekeepers of what "trans" is. SJG
  • san-jose-guy
    4 years ago
    This is what I wish people who identify as ‘truscum’ would try to understand. [view link] Why Aren’t More Trans People Denouncing Truscum? [view link] SJG
  • san-jose-guy
    4 years ago
    Identifying as Truscum is a Disservice to Yourself [view link] Why I’m a transmedicalist, a truscum [view link] SJG
  • san-jose-guy
    4 years ago
    Identifying as Truscum is a Disservice to Yourself [view link] “Truscum”: Why Do They Hate The Way They Do? [view link] SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion