tuscl

USA parking

Jascoi
mr.wonderful to single moms and college age girls...
many times i park free at the big palm avenue trolley stop and ride the trolley to the border. only problem is the trolley does NOT run between 12:30 am and 4:30 am. (approximate times)

8 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Do you leave your car there for multiple days?
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    the sign says 24 hours but i’ve parked longer with no issues. i prefer this particular lot because it is large. some other stops have small lots and the end of line stop at san ysidro has no trolley parking lot.
  • TJ Lee
    5 years ago
    That station is also my fav, in Palm City/Imperial Beach, just 10min to border, never run out of space, can be cold at nite 10F difference to TJ. Last trolley is 1am but you better be there by 12:55am.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    How is that area? Aren't you concerned leaving your car there unattended overnight?
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    all of san diego metro area is a ‘rough’ area. best thing to do is drive a older used vehicle. leave the lamborghini or any new car home. keep a low profile.
  • TJ Lee
    4 years ago
    There're many busy 4 lanes streets that are packed with cars parking from nearby apartments. I've parked for 7 days no problem. 20 mins walk to trolley stations, look them up on Google Map.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    ^ where is that exactly - near the Palm Avenue station the OP mentioned?
  • booji boy
    4 years ago
    Any city the size of San Diego is going to be tricky as far as finding safe, cheap/free parking goes. If I were local, I'd have the time and knowledge to figure out something that worked like TJLee. Since I'm not, it's far easier to just plan for paying for parking in San Ysidro... my default is the lot across from the outlet mall. A lot of CBP employees park there, it's pretty secure and it's right by PedWest.

Pre-COVID I would have just said ditch the car and take public transit, but my last time doing that I was making my way back to the airport after dark and it felt dicier than walking in TJ at night. The way things are now, I'm doing a cab or Uber if I end up going through SAN just to avoid the crazies wandering the downtown area these days. :-)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion