tuscl

Licensing requirements

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 4:36 AM
I've been amazed to discover recently that some cities and states have licensing requirements for strippers. I never knew such things existed, I didn't know that there were places that consider stripping to be a real profession or trade. Anyone know how common this is?

6 comments

• chandler
    17 years ago
    Detroit has it as does Romulus, the otherwise small town that includes Detroit Metro Airport, the Landing Strip and the Play House. The adjacent suburb of Inkster does not, which is a major attraction to strippers working at the Flight Club, especially girls from other cities coming in for just a night or two. The license costs about $100. Last year when the Play House got busted for liquor violations, many of the strippers were found to be working without a license and now can never strip in Detroit or Romulus again. Of course, Las Vegas has required them for many years, and Houston, I believe.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    Back about 10 years ago when Houston began requiring a license, the fee was only about $15. On another board (ASSC), there was a move to get everybody, mostly guys, to get a license so as to frustrate the stigmatizing effect.
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    Jackson MS requires a license, and they regularly close clubs on the presumption that women working there are unlicensed. Several cases have been thrown out when it was shown through in-club video evidence that the officers didn't even ask a girl for her license before arresting her for lacking one. It was attached to her shoe. I always found the shoe-holster funny.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    Somewhere I read that Philadelphia requires a license, which is why I started this thread, it seemed silly to me. I think they get it from the Department of Licensing and Inspections. So what do they inspect strippers for? And how do I apply for the job?
  • DandyDan
    17 years ago
    I was told years ago Sioux City, Iowa had that as a requirement, which is probably why the dancers there are amongst the worst I've ever seen. I don't have any idea how much it costs to get one there, but I get the idea from dancers who considered it that its too much unless you live there and only work there.
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    I want to be the Licensing Inspector for the municipality of Sioux City. "OK, let's see, does she have breasts ... SHOW YOUR BREASTS MA'AM. Thank you. Now, does she have nice legs ... MA'AM, COULD YOU REMOMVE YOUR SKIRT PLEASE. I'm sorry, you'll have to do that in a performance-orientated fashion in order to demonstrate your propensity for stage-directed behavior. Score 7 out of 10, THANK YOU THAT WILL DO. Now then, check-box eleven, is she sexy? HEY FRANK, I NEED A SECOND OPINION IN HERE ..."
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion