tuscl

DON'T BE SURPRISED IF COWBOYS FIRE COACH

rattdog
New York
Thursday, November 28, 2019 4:08 PM
there's no way that the cowboys should be 6-6 in about 15 minutes. would the owner get rid of the coach after a game on thanksgiving?

10 comments

• Warrior15
    5 years ago
    I would be surprised if they don't fire Garrett. A team with that much talent should not be getting whipped the way they are. Jerry Jones loves college coaches. First Jimmy Johnson, then Barry Switzer. I betting that either Lincoln Riley or Urban Meyer is the next Cowboys coach.
  • ime
    5 years ago
    Jones loves Garrett because he does whatever jones wants. If he fires him it will be after the season ends. Cowboys can still win their division.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    Yeah, you're right. It will happen at the end of the season.
  • TheeOSU
    5 years ago
    I think Dallas plays next Thursday. If they had 10 days before their next game instead of 7 I wouldn't be surprised if Garrett was canned but as it is I think Jones will keep him a little longer. As for the next coach, I think Warrior may be right.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    Idk. If this was a rational owner I would be inclined to agree with the end of the season. But Jerry is not known for being a rational or patient man. I suspect a change is in the offing.
  • Huntsman
    5 years ago
    Jerry has an outsized ego and I think Garrett has been the least threatening coach to Jones’ ego that the Cowboys have had during the Jones era. So I think it comes down to whether Jerry is willing to go back to give up some control and credit to a more strong willed coach.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    "... Jerry Jones loves college coaches. First Jimmy Johnson, then Barry Switzer ..." Jerry Jones had connections with those 2 guys going back decades b/f he hired them - all 3 were teammates at Arkansas
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    The Cowboys will never be a success until they fire the owner.
  • rattdog
    5 years ago
    "The Cowboys will never be a success until they fire the owner." you can say that about a lot of sport teams. ny jets, ny knicks, and the washington redskins immediately come to mind.
  • RossVa
    5 years ago
    Jerry will not fire Jason during the season. With only four games left there is not enough time for new staff (and yes, they need players as well as coaches. See Virginia Tech Punter Oscar Bradburn; Dallas needs lots of special team help, this is a start. As far as replacing Jason, if by some miracle Jason takeds Dallas to the Super Bowl Jerry will retain him, otherwise I think Urban is the heir apparent.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion