tuscl

Ginger or Maryann?

chandler
Blue Ridge Foothills
Which type do you go for in a stripper? And why?

23 comments

• shadowcat
    17 years ago
    Maryann will float my boat. Ginger will just sooth my eyes...
  • AbbieNormal
    17 years ago
    Oh, now we're into religious questions. Why not ask Mac or PC? Redsox or Yankees? Coke or Pepsi? Jeeze.

Maryann, even though I have a thing for redheads.
  • lopaw
    17 years ago
    What?
    No Mrs. Howell?
    Now THERE was a GGILF if ever I saw one!
  • minnow
    17 years ago
    I'll take 'em both.
  • DandyDan
    17 years ago
    Mary Ann is the best of all of them. Ginger's nice, but too full of herself.
  • jimmyblong
    17 years ago
    Why not ask Marsha Brady or Laurie Partridge?
  • DougS
    17 years ago
    Mary Ann, for sure. Ginger never did much for me. Maybe it was the stiff, hairsprayed hair that turned me off, while Mary Ann had the nice hair in pony tail look.

Jimmyblong: Good question, and a much harder choice ... I think I'd opt for Laurie Partridge, but before I made my decision, I'd have to see their bodies... I think Marsha might win that one.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    If she's as good as Ginger was, with a similar sense of humor about her image, then I definitely go for the Ginger type. Alas, most Ginger types are lame wannabes.

I usually go for the Maryann type if she has a bad girl side. If she doesn't, she's not my idea of a fun time in a strip club.
  • ShotDisc
    17 years ago
    Maryann definitely.
    Jan Brady. She was the middle child. inferiority complex. slut in training
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    Depends on the actresses involved. In so far as the two women are genetically "equally gifted," I'd have to say I prefer Mary-Ann over Ginger, because the girl-next-door look is (IME) generally chosen by women who want to be approached and don't object to being molested by me or other men; whereas the glamorous-model look is (IME) generally chosen by women who wish to be appreciated from afar, looked up to, and treated as though they are untouchably pristine, a choice not conducive to good strip-club extras activity.

Furthermore, on the show Gilligan's Island, I frankly didn't find the actress who played Ginger very appealing at all. If you'd dressed the Mary-Anne actress up in a slinky ballroom gown, I'd have found her more appealing than the Ginger actress in the same outfit. There's just something about those 1950s-60s-70s women that is rather too zaftig and "packed in" for me. They don't seem "naturally curvaceous" as much as "unable to move forward at anything other than a teeter-tottering waddle." There ARE some curvy women whom I appreciate, but most of the more sizable models from that era aren't of the right type for me.

• trojangreg
    17 years ago
    Maryann. And don't forget Bailey (I think)from WKRP In Cincinnati. Same choice Loni Anderson or the girl next door. Give me the girl next door anytime.
  • dennyspade
    17 years ago
    Mary Ann, most definitely.

Although a lot of guys had Loni Anderson cravings; I would have to say that most would prefer to bang Bailey Quarters. Maybe less intimidating.
  • shadowcat
    17 years ago
    Since jail bait has been mentioned, don't forget Kelly Bundy, from married with children. (Christina Applegate)
  • motorhead
    17 years ago
    Like the rest of you, Mary Ann, for sure. Even as a kid, I never understood why Ginger was supposed to be the one all the guy's liked.
    And if you have seen them recently, Mary Ann has aged much better than Ginger. Dawn Wells is still quite attractive, and she is in her late 60's. Tina Louise - yuck!
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    I can't believe all the Ginger hate. Doesn't anybody realize she was a send-up? And a pretty fun one, I thought. Full of herself? On the surface, but she turned vulnerable pretty quickly. She was the only character with any depth (pathos, even) on a cast full of cartoons.

I suspect Mary Ann would be the really cold bitch in any kind of intimate encounter. I'm second to no one in my devotion to girl-next-door types, but I don't trust that too-chirpy act. I do have to give her high marks for her slammin' body and wardrobe. Didn't Mary Ann even wear high heels?

IMO, Loni Anderson was a horribly crude version of the kind of thing Ginger did so well. Low humor and no style. I never saw anything she was in, but I thought she looked repulsive, with that shiny, sunburned face and swooping plate of hair that looked like some blonde marsupial died on her head.
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    Good point about the too-chirpy act. :) And on Loni at WKRP -- I know a lot of academic feminists who claim to "identify" with that character, and I have to remind them that she looks prototypically male-hegemony-oppressed. They seem to miss that point. I didn't find her all that "strong" but, evidently, academic females did. Nice tits tho ...
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    I never watched WKRP, so I don't know about the character she played. She had a strained smile like Tammy Faye Baker. Maybe that was the smile of the oppressed?

Her cleavage never looked sexy to me. Weird separation, and sunburned, of course. To see what I'm talking about:
    http://www.celeblegs.net/af/andersonloni…
  • AbbieNormal
    17 years ago
    Chandler, I understand the Ginger character was an over the top caricature, but then what was Mary Ann, the Kansas farmgirl/school teacher sweet and innocent who always just happened to wear gingham and denim? (Or for that matter the Howell's with the accents and the suitcases of money, or the Professor who seemed to be an expert in everything from botany to anthropology to industrial chemistry, with a reference library to boot). As for the Mary Ann preference I think I can sum it up in two words. Low maintenance.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    AN: I thought Ginger's caricature was actually fairly sensitive. The others were one-dimensional. I guess I just have a weakness (in the knees) for sexpots with a sense of humor.
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    I can't believe we're talking about the depths of characterization and sensitivity on Gilligan's Island ...
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    Yeah, isn't it great? Actually, it looks like I'm the only "we" talking about it (as opposed to AN talking about a lack of depth). And I'm not being at all tongue in cheek, What I couldn't believe was how many posts sounded downright hostile towards a spoof character. Wait....I guess I was like that towards Loni, but that's different.
  • motorhead
    17 years ago
    If we are talking about the depths of characterization, I would have to respectfully disagree with Chandler about the others being "one-dimensional." If any character displayed varying layers of emotional depth, it was Mr. Howell. Despite being portrayed as a ruthless, cunning businessman -- "The Wizard of Wall Street" -- he often showed a sensitive, almost childlike, side to his character. And despite his reputation as a greedy, cut-throat billionaire, he showed genuine concern for his fellow castaways in several episodes.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    David, I'd love to debate it with you, but I bow to your superior memory of Mr. Howell's layered subtleties of character. I'll grant that Jim Backus was a better actor than the other guys in the cast, based on their respective movie roles. (He played James Dean's dad in 'East of Eden'.) Tell you what, I'll take Ginger, you can have Mr. Howell, and we'll let the others fight over Mary Ann.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion