tuscl

Chasing a dream

Countryman5434
I entered the dragon and was never the same
Sunday, November 10, 2019 7:45 AM
I am a otr truckdriver i get 3 to 4 days a month off. I could work for a company out of southern cal to where i took all my time off in san diego but i would have to change my address to a california one for my cdl to get hired and take all my time off in tj. The probably is i do not want to pay the high sc rents when i am only home 3 or 4 days a month and i would be in tj anyway. You can not use a post office box for a legal address. If i had an address i would never be there and would have all mail forwarded to a post office box in san ysidro. Does anyone have any ideas on how i could go about doing this?

13 comments

• Jascoi
    5 years ago
    move to Yuma.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    Or at least your mailing address Yuma. lots of old fart retirees in RVs do it.
  • Greanbeans
    5 years ago
    I wonder if you can make an arrangement via Airbnb. Rent for a few days but chat discreetly with the owner about the situation.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    UPS Store Mailbox. Get a mailbox where the mail is forwarded to your Kentucky home. Use the mailbox as your residence.
  • TJ Lee
    5 years ago
    Boxes won't work. Craiglist roomshare? Rent a couch.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Yeah, I was thinking maybe rent a room or an efficiency but that would be an extra-expense if it would work at all - or you can buy a home and rent it out but that's another set of issues - or maybe get a fellow SoCal/SD TUSCLer to help you out.
  • Countryman5434
    5 years ago
    Renting a room for 3 or 4 days off s month is not worth it. Buying a home and renting it out is somethng i do not have time for. If i did have sn address i could use i would never be thete and would have all mail forwarded to po box. The address would just be for legal purposes.
  • Countryman5434
    5 years ago
    If a fellow tuscl did help me out i would owe them forever lol
  • OldGringo
    5 years ago
    The solution is simple. Tell your future employers that you do not have a residence in California. Let them know that you will work your ass for them when on the clock, but when you are not working you'll be spending all of your time in Tijuana eating tacos and banging hot 21 year old chicas. Explain that you don't need a California residence to do this. You don't want to waste your money on overpriced California rent when the money will be better spent in Tijuana. Any smart business owner will hire you and also join you in Tijuana on your days off. :)
  • Countryman5434
    5 years ago
    @ old gringo lol i wish it was that simple
  • PutaTester
    5 years ago
    Find a proper/cheap place to live that suits your professional license and has direct flights on Southwest to San Diego. A couple of hours each way on an airplane, the 992, and the trolley, and it is three days in paradise. To return home, reverse the process. Time it right and you can get some dirt cheap airfares. San Diego is a great place to live if you can afford not to live in one of the shit hole areas. And if you can handle the traffic. And the attitude. You say that you are home only a few days a month. Why try to live in one of the most expensive places in the world just so you can get laid by 20-year-olds a few days a month? (Did I really ask that question?) OTOH, hacking your professional life for TJ is a mistake. It is just a hobby. FYI, I have enjoyed reading your posts. Stay active my friend.
  • OldGringo
    5 years ago
    Unlike my sarcastic post above, I sent you a PM with some actual ideas Countryman. Good luck.
  • gammanu95
    5 years ago
    ND or SD has the best laws for out-of-state drivers. One of my close relatives was a full-time RVer in his retirement and used a "myhomeaddress" business for residency purposes. If I were in your position, I would live in south Nevada or Arizona, get my mail in the Dakotas, and chase pussy in TJ.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion