tuscl

“American cities and states continue to celebrate a European explorer who never

CJKent (Banned)
“The more a person needs to be right, the less certain he is...”
“They do not mention that colonial takeovers of the Americas, led to the deaths of millions of Native people and the forced assimilation of survivors.”

“This colonization experiences continue to have effect today as ethnic rivalry, the uneven distribution of resources, human-rights violations, and lack of good governance...”

Title couldn’t say it all.

10 comments

• CC99
    5 years ago
    Hey I'm not gonna complain about getting a day off.

But, I also really think Halloween should be a day off. I find it astonishing that we don't get the day off for Halloween. I'd be perfectly happy to sacrifice Columbus Day and make Halloween a federal holiday where everybody gets the day off instead.
  • gawker
    5 years ago
    I just read where six cities in Massachusetts have changed the holiday to “Indigenous People Day”.
  • TheeOSU
    5 years ago
    Gawker, if my memory is correct seeing that CJ creams his pants over anything you write you probably sent him into nirvana by commenting in his topic. :D
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    It would be more useful to make Election Day a federal holiday, rather than Columbus Day.

... or Halloween...
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Why not have a whiny little bitch day to celebrate progressives. We could make it the third rainy day in january.
  • CC99
    5 years ago
    "Why not have a whiny little bitch day to celebrate progressives."

I believe that's called "International Women's Day."
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Lmao
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    The worst recession and the depression leap to mind, but VH couldn't understand how a man would be e affected by no job. Hike up your panties VH.
  • CC99
    5 years ago
    The one thing I've learned from both Obama and Trump's presidency is how little impact the president actually has on your day to day quality of life. Pretty much everything that presidents get blamed for or credited for are completely out of their control. Nobody actually understands economics or it wouldn't change so radically. Some people claim Trump's policies are making them money and another person will turn around and say he is losing money.

Cultural change is also something entirely out of the president's control. You'd think under a Donald Trump presidency that SJWs wouldn't be a major problem anymore and yet the PC crap is more out of control now than it ever was even with Trump in office.

Honestly, the Joker film probably did more damage to PC culture than Trump's presidency ever did. Because Joker proved that controversial films can sell well and make money. It proved that audiences crave films that push boundaries and ask uncomfortable questions, something the PC crowd is trying their hardest to prevent from happening. Joker proved that a movie can court significant controversy and not only will it not damage its ability to make money but it will actually help it.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    The PC crowd is far smaller than the average American believes. The problem is the fake news media of the coastal elites. Its why the polls said Clinton and the voters said Trump. #METOO is pablum for failures and losers and that is why Conservative women are not part of it.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion